Wine based Margarita drink

vatofla2009

I cannot say for sure but my guess is they will see Margarita and not permit it, wine based or not. It has been my experience when dealing with port security common sense and a sense of humor do not come into play. 

• Like 1

All this said, I once forgot and left 6-8 mini bottles of Titos Vodka in my porter checked luggage, luggage came on time, the mini bottles were delivered to the room later the first evening.  Duct tape around them with room number written on that.  Wife and I had a good laugh.  Maybe because we had the premium drink package, they didn’t care? 

Edited by PTC DAWG

54 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

So no tequila in them?

23 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

That's what I was thinking.  I wonder if the OP was thinking of Sangria vs margarita?

I've been to Mexican restaurants in south Florida that can serve wine and beer, but not liquor. They make margaritas with agave wine. Definitely not the same but if you're not in the mood for Corona beer, it's a worthy substitute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I cannot say for sure but my guess is they will see Margarita and not permit it, wine based or not. It has been my experience when dealing with port security common sense and a sense of humor do not come into play. 

And although it may technically be considered a wine, the fact that it is produced from agave, which is the same plant used to produce tequila, could result in at least an interesting discussion at security.   Aside from the bottle size, which would likely be a stopper in of itself. 

As I understand it agave wine is fermented from the agave plant while tequila is distilled from it.  But they are the same base ingredient.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, vatofla2009 said:

They do have 750 ml bottles. 

That would at least address that concern.  Can't say for sure if it would be allowed on board, however, as the policy is oriented towards traditional wine and champagne products, and it could be denied for the reasons mentioned.  JMO.

Maybe there are others with direct experience who can weigh in.

I think I saw bottles like that on the naughty table last cruise checking in, along with 1.5 liter bottles of rum, vodka etc.  I dont think anyone can give you clarity on it and I would say most likely taken away.  

22 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I just googled it. It’s made of 100% Blue Agave. No mention of wine in it at all. Not sure why they call it a wine cocktail. Makes sense why it hasn’t been allowed to be brought on board 

Wine isn't in it - the agave is fermented to result in what is called agave wine, which is the base ingredient with this product.  And agave wine is considered a wine as it is produced through fermentation and has a lower alcohol content then tequila that is distilled from agave. 

Google agave wine.

Either way as indicated it likely would not be permitted to be brought on board.

• Like 1

I took it onboard once. (Exactly the one above, bilut regular not mango.). Though barely.

X-ray person flagged it (assume based on the bottle shape) and said go to the naughty area. I went over and pleaded that it was wine while pointing out the label that says wine.  They were friendly and said ok and let us go.

Still a wine and not anywhere near the alcohol content of a distilled spirit.

The Celebrity FAQs note the limit is one 750ml bottle of wine per guest.

Edited by Islandhop9

1 hour ago, vatofla2009 said:

The last couple of cruises they didn’t even look at my wine🤷‍♀️.

They occasionally look at ours but when the carry on goes through the X ray you can see the shape and size of the bottles.