Turning Pinnacle next cruise. Help me convince her we should show up...

watcher_62

12 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We'll turn Pin a couple of days into our 11 night cruise in April. Does the LA contact us or do we need to contact them onboard. So we just get a photo, one more drink and a certificate. The pins will be mailed to us? What are the details about how and when to use the 7 night cruise? Can that $ amount be added to an already booked cruise and can I upgrade to another category of suite?

The LA should contact you because there is a form you have to fill out letting them know how you want your pins to read and how you want the cruise certificate to read, etc. 

Your “stuff” - pins, luggage tags, will come by mail in a month or so.

You have a year to use the cruise certificate and you can apply it to an already booked cruise. There are some restrictions like you can’t use it on a cruise in the inaugural year of a new ship.

If you apply it to anything other than a 7 night balcony, it is worth $2,500 towards whatever you use it for.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The LA should contact you because there is a form you have to fill out letting them know how you want your pins to read and how you want the cruise certificate to read, etc. 

Your “stuff” - pins, luggage tags, will come by mail in a month or so.

You have a year to use the cruise certificate and you can apply it to an already booked cruise. There are some restrictions like you can’t use it on a cruise in the inaugural year of a new ship.

If you apply it to anything other than a 7 night balcony, it is worth $2,500 towards whatever you use it for.

And from what I remember...has to be a cruise in the Carib.  Not like...using it for an Alaskan cruise.  😉 

Edited by island lady

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We used ours on a $5,400 balcony on Wonder😇

Smart...like minds think alike.   Wonder it was for us a few months ago for our last freebie.  And just made it in time to say goodbye to Grace in CK.  Will miss her.  🥰

JS up next....yahhh!  Maybe Star?  Definitely going for the most bang for the buck!!  😄

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

JS up next....yahhh!  Maybe Star?  Definitely going for the most bang for the buck!!  😄

That would certainly max out the value, but you may have to wait until the 2026-2027 itineraries come out to use it - that would be cutting it close - maybe Icon would be better from a timing perspective. 

As someone has previously mentioned, if you plan on not attending the top tier event do let the LA know in advance.

When we turned pinnacle there was a form from LA in the room to complete.  We returned it to LA and then we later decided to NOT attend the event which was at 10am on sea day.  I called the LA and left a message about 90 minutes before hand to let them know we would not be attending.  Unfortunately the message was not received and they called out our names at the top tier event asking us to come forward.  

We later in the cruise met a couple that were recognized for their 1,050 milestone.  Through conversation with them they shared with us that they were calling our names multiple times at the event. Became a running joke with them and a few others.  

And you may be asking why we did not attend??? We have not attended any of these events since they moved to 10AM on sea day.  We are generally out on pool deck between 8-9 am and enjoying our selves.  I realize most people like the 10AM time versus in the evening which can conflict with competing events.  If it was in the evening we would have attended.

Whatever you decide, enjoy and congratulations!

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

DW doesn't like to go to those either, but we did go when we made Pinnacle. You don't get anything significant at the event (that all comes in the mail a few months after the sailing), but you do get your Pinnacle Certificate, get your picture taken with the Captain while he pretends to give you a bottle of champagne (the real one will show up in your stateroom along with the picture later in the cruise). The Pin benefits don't start until your next cruise, so unless you really want a picture of you and the Captain, there really is no reason to go.

When I made Diamond back in the 90's it was a Big Deal. Formal, Suit/Tie, Cruises after D's would get together with all Senior Staff, was about 2 passengers to each Staff. Irony is when I made D+ couple months after they invented that level they had me run down and get new Card and did get the D+ Benefits rest of Cruise. Was day 2 of a 13nite Repo. Pinnacle, I passed on that one, was Solo as most time so wasn't that big deal to me as the 340+ SOLO Discount. With that and Military Disc offered at times I have 6 of my 8 upcoming Cruises for total of about $90 each nite and this in the now higher priced Sunset Corner/Aft Cabin.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, watcher_62 said:

Well the long road has finally ended and we will turn into Pins on our next cruise.  As we have never attended any of the Cheers with the Officer or status events (my spouse is not keen on attention), and obviously this is a once only event, can anyone help me convince her to participate/set the stage for what we are likely to experience?  Thanks in advance!  

If your spouse is not keen on attention, why would you want to put her in an uncomfortable situation? Seems pretty obvious to me there is no reason to convince her to go unless you like making her potentially miserable. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If your spouse is not keen on attention, why would you want to put her in an uncomfortable situation? Seems pretty obvious to me there is no reason to convince her to go unless you like making her potentially miserable. 

Wow. I had no idea you knew my wife so well, and have me figured to be the type of person that likes "making her potentially miserable.". 

Thanks for your comments.

Edited by watcher_62

3 minutes ago, watcher_62 said:

I read my wife the details everyone provided and when she heard there would be a photo of us with the Captain, the told me she wanted to go because she thought it would be a great keepsake.

I agreed, so we'll attend. Thank you to everyone for all the info and comments!

Yippee !!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, orville99 said:

That would certainly max out the value, but you may have to wait until the 2026-2027 itineraries come out to use it - that would be cutting it close - maybe Icon would be better from a timing perspective. 

Icon out of Miami for a 7 night is not a go for us.  Would rather keep the short one week cruises to our local port of PC.

Utopia is doing short cruises out of PC...so that is a no go for us and for the certificate.  I can wait until 2026 to use it on Star...figured it would be too new to use earlier.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Utopia is doing short cruises out of PC...so that is a no go for us and for the certificate.  I can wait until 2026 to use it on Star...figured it would be too new to use earlier.

It looks like her first cruise out of PC will be at the end of August 2025, which would push the certificate validity date out to September 2026. That's cutting it tight.

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It looks like her first cruise out of PC will be at the end of August 2025, which would push the certificate validity date out to September 2026. That's cutting it tight.

I can still book with the certificate for those dates after September I should think?  The one year rule is for sailing right...not booking date?  Our 1400 is on Adventure a year from now in Oct.   That should work.   I just did the Wonder for our freebie 1050 we got last year.  

We're going Pinn on the second leg of our b2b on Wonder in Nov.  We'll have two couples we met on previous cruises (last 3 years or so) with us on this cruise so they all plan to be at the top tier for us.  I don't particularly love being the center of attention, but having been to many, it's over very quickly and you don't have to speak or anything.   One set of friends is already Pinn and the other is very close. We were top 3 on a Bermuda cruise with about 460 points a couple of years ago and got our picture taken.  It's really rare that the top three have a D+ in the group.  LOL, I'm not even sure where that photo is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BND said:

We're going Pinn on the second leg of our b2b on Wonder in Nov.  We'll have two couples we met on previous cruises (last 3 years or so) with us on this cruise so they all plan to be at the top tier for us.  I don't particularly love being the center of attention, but having been to many, it's over very quickly and you don't have to speak or anything.   One set of friends is already Pinn and the other is very close. We were top 3 on a Bermuda cruise with about 460 points a couple of years ago and got our picture taken.  It's really rare that the top three have a D+ in the group.  LOL, I'm not even sure where that photo is.

Yup..indeed no big deal, whole thing is very quick.  We wanted the picture.   🙂   

If you want to be like us...we did the new Pinnie thing wearing our sunglasses at the Aqua Theater.  😄 

Congrats, and welcome to the club my friend!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, watcher_62 said:

Wow. I had no idea you knew my wife so well, and have me figured to be the type of person that likes "making her potentially miserable.". 

Thanks for your comments.

I wasn’t implying I knew your wife. But as someone who doesn’t like attention, I can sort of relate to her situation. I don’t like standing in front of several hundred (could be much higher or much lower) strangers with everyone looking at me. As others have stated it doesn’t last too long, but it usually feels a lot longer. But the worst part for me, is for the rest of the cruise everywhere you go people will say hi to you or congratulations or something similar. I know these people mean well, but I prefer to keep a low profile when I am cruising or doing anything else in public for that matter.  

• Like 2