Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

2 hours ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

@CabinBoy2020we can give you a referral coupon.  Please email us at flyingscotsailors "at" gmail "dot" com, so we can get the required information to send to Seabourn.

We are considering that April 28 cruise, depending on the progress of Covid.

A&P

Thank you, FlyingScotSailors, for replying.  I just got a referral from another kind Seabourn cruiser.  If you decide to book this cruise, I hope to see you onboard.

Bill

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 11:47 AM, nancygp said:

I does anyone know if the referral coupon shipboard credit is combinable with an Amex cruise privilege shipboard credit?

Hi Nancy.  For some reason, I'm no longer getting alerts on this thread so I missed your question.

Seabourn updated their Referral Rewards Program in 2019.  Below is from an email announcing the change:

We are relaunching this benefit to make it easier to use and more rewarding — both for Club members and for those they refer.

The Seabourn shipboard credit was not previously combinable with other offers and that meant you had to choose whether to redeem the Referral Reward or take advantage of some other promotional offer.  From now on, Club Referral Rewards will offer a shipboard credit of $250 USD per suite, and that will be combinable with most Seabourn shipboard credit offers, frequently resulting in an even greater total benefit. 

So far so good BUT the fine print on the Referral Rewards Certificate also says ... Offer is not combinable with third party Shipboard Credit offers.   I seem to remember that AMEX offers weren't allowed to be combined with referral OBC under the old program.  I expect the same applies today and you'd need to chose the better offer.

As an aside, I have a couple of $400 OBC referral certificates that predate the changes made to the program in 2019.  That $400 OBC is not combinable with any other SB onboard credit (including flow-though offers via TAs) but is combinable with CCL shareholder OBC.  I'm not sure if SB will still honour those old certificates but I'm happy to ask.

1 hour ago, MightyQuinn said:

So far so good BUT the fine print on the Referral Rewards Certificate also says ... Offer is not combinable with third party Shipboard Credit offers.   I seem to remember that AMEX offers weren't allowed to be combined with referral OBC under the old program.  I expect the same applies today and you'd need to chose the better offer.

As an aside, I have a couple of $400 OBC referral certificates that predate the changes made to the program in 2019.  That $400 OBC is not combinable with any other SB onboard credit (including flow-though offers via TAs) but is combinable with CCL shareholder OBC.  I'm not sure if SB will still honour those old certificates but I'm happy to ask.

thanks for the detailed response.  I also felt based on the fine print, the referral rewards certificate isn’t combinable with the Amex offer.

So nice of you to offer to offer to check with seabourn to see if the old obc referral certificates are valid but but combinable with the Amex offer.  No rush on this as my cruise isn’t for quite a few months.

Nancy

12 hours ago, margbem said:

Any new Seabourn cruisers wanting a referral? Especially if UK cruisers as it seems easier for Seabourn to process!

Please contact me on mjberry56@hotmail.com

I have two referrals!

Why do you say easier for UK referrals?  I have had no issues with my US ones

6 hours ago, purpleally said:

Why do you say easier for UK referrals?  I have had no issues with my US ones

I sent referrals to our UK Seabourn email address. They replied saying they had passed it over to their US department as the people I had referred had booked in the US. Both my referral and I had to chase this up as we heard nothing as then we discovered that Seabourn US had not received anything. Seabourn UK refused to help further as they said they had done their job by passing it on. 

3 hours ago, margbem said:

I sent referrals to our UK Seabourn email address. They replied saying they had passed it over to their US department as the people I had referred had booked in the US. Both my referral and I had to chase this up as we heard nothing as then we discovered that Seabourn US had not received anything. Seabourn UK refused to help further as they said they had done their job by passing it on. 

That’s too bad. I’m sorry you had problems with it. 

Edited by purpleally

On 2/4/2022 at 6:51 PM, nancygp said:

So nice of you to offer to offer to check with seabourn to see if the old obc referral certificates are valid but but combinable with the Amex offer.  No rush on this as my cruise isn’t for quite a few months.

Hi Nancy.  I have an email ready to send to SB Club tomorrow.  I'll let you know when they respond.  Hope it will be good news for both of us!

15 minutes ago, MightyQuinn said:

Hi Nancy.  I have an email ready to send to SB Club tomorrow.  I'll let you know when they respond.  Hope it will be good news for both of us!

thank you so much!!!

feel free to contact me directly at  nlproler at sbcglobal dot net

Nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Thanks 1

My husband and I are going to be on Venture in September. This will be our first Seabourn cruise as regular guests. We have been on quite a few Seabourn cruises previously as guest hosts, but those don’t count towards nights at sea or any other “ranking”. Do you know if we would be eligible for a Referrals Reward Certificate?

2 hours ago, worcestergal said:

My husband and I are going to be on Venture in September. This will be our first Seabourn cruise as regular guests. We have been on quite a few Seabourn cruises previously as guest hosts, but those don’t count towards nights at sea or any other “ranking”. Do you know if we would be eligible for a Referrals Reward Certificate?

I don’t know if you are eligible but we can find out.  My email is purple19gray@aol dot com

• 2 weeks later...

Our TA has recommended and we have signed on for the Encore journey from Athens to Dubai in November.  We are Crystal "refugees" and are receiving the cruise fare discount offered for this situation. Are we eligible for the referral deal and if we are would welcome the necessary coupon/status?

7 hours ago, Publisher1953 said:

Our TA has recommended and we have signed on for the Encore journey from Athens to Dubai in November.  We are Crystal "refugees" and are receiving the cruise fare discount offered for this situation. Are we eligible for the referral deal and if we are would welcome the necessary coupon/status?

You should be eligible! Welcome to Seabourn. If you email me on mjberry56@hotmail.com I will give you details.

Any first-time Seabourn cruisers interested in OBC through their REFERRAL PROGRAM?
Please contact me at       Dinah_Moritz (at) web (dot) de
However, I will not be driving until May 14, 2022 and August 21. 2022,

so if your embarkation is before then I would really appreciate it if you get in touch.
Happy sailing again after the pandemic everyone!

So, this seems like free money to any new Seabourn customer? I didn't understand this when I took my first cruise on Seabourn last summer.  

Given how this referral program works, it is effectively a free $250 for any first-time customer of Seabourn, and one can use/submit a "referral" for a $250 credit anytime after booking your first cruise and up to 2 weeks prior to your departure.  Just ask someone on this thread if they would "refer" you to Seabourn in advance of your actual cruise, and they will have an invite sent to you.  

The "referrer" has a limited number of referrals to offer, but it appears to be greater than 2, and each time their referral is used, they also get a $250 shipboard credit to use on their next cruise, and can use up to 2 credits per trip - so up to $500 per stateroom per cruise for the referrers.

I'll add my email to this list, I guess:  if you are a new Seabourn customer and would like to be "referred" for your upcoming trip in order to get a $250 credit for your suite, feel free to email me at

general-plea.0h[at]icloud[dot]com

and I'll have the referral invite sent to you.

Thanks.

On 2/18/2022 at 9:15 PM, Publisher1953 said:

I am also in the same situation. I'm a new Seabourn cruiser who took advantage of the discount offered to Crystal cruisers. My friend sent in a $400 referral coupon, and my TA told me it was rejected by Seabourne stating it's because I received a 3rd party pricing promotion, not available to the public and it is not combinable with the referral coupons. I can however, receive the OBC from owning Carnival stock. I plan on calling Seabourn to clarify. Have any Crystal cruisers who booked with the discount received the referral obc? I'm also confused about the $400 coupons vs the $250 coupons. 

2 minutes ago, bonnieg said:

I'm also confused about the $400 coupons vs the $250 coupons. 

The $400 coupons are several years old and remained valid after the coupons were changed to $250 several years ago.  Along with the $150 drop in value, where before no other Seabourn OBCs were combinable, with the $400 now other Seabourn Coupons can be added to the new customer coupons so in some cases the OBC's actually increased when the coupons decreased.

Believe the new cruiser coupons (either value) can not be used with non public available fares as you were told. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 1:03 PM, bonnieg said:

.... My friend sent in a $400 referral coupon, and my TA told me it was rejected by Seabourne stating it's because I received a 3rd party pricing promotion, not available to the public and it is not combinable with the referral coupons...

You mentioned that your 3rd party price promotion was not available to the general public.  Perhaps it falls under the SB fine print which says that Club Referral Rewards are not applicable to guests traveling on an industry discount.  A few years ago, I sent in a referral certificate for new guests who, unbeknownst to me, were sailing under a trade discount (interline).  Their referral OBC was denied. 

I have referral  coupons available.  They are $250.  Our sailing is May 8th on the Encore so this will work if a first time Seabourn cruiser is sailing prior to that.

Send me an email and I can get the referral coupon to you.  Both of us receive a free $250.00 room credit via this easy process.  Thanks everyone.

houckkoch93@gmail.com

My travel agent forwarded an email from Seabourn today confirming the $250 referral credit will be applied on our cruise (some months away, in November). This news suggests that the referrals will "work" for passengers taking advantage of special discounts granted to Crystal Cruise refugees.

The referral bonus obviously won't change the world but it is a nice touch and I'm sure will come in handy when we are on board.

We are booked on Odyssey April 16 and I plan to do final payment on Friday. Is it too late to request referral?  I’m not clear on how it works. We are coming from Crystal but I asked my Seabourn agent if I could combine with referral and he sent me the form   So I’m hoping it is yes. Thank you.