How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

8 hours ago, SailingShelley said:

Mic-Were you on the Navigator on October 3rd in Lisbon? I was on the Indy in Lisbon on October 3rd also. I thought the Navigator was scheduled to be docked in Lisbon on October 2nd.

Yes, we were there together, you guys left a lot earlier than us though as we stayed til 10pm.

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, we were there together, you guys left a lot earlier than us though as we stayed til 10pm.

I thought you were to be in Lisbon the day before! Did they change your itinerary? We were there twice-first time on September 11th. which was our first time ever in that port. Wish I knew our paths crossed as it would have been cool to meet!

8 hours ago, SailingShelley said:

I thought you were to be in Lisbon the day before! Did they change your itinerary? We were there twice-first time on September 11th. which was our first time ever in that port. Wish I knew our paths crossed as it would have been cool to meet!

Yes that would have been nice, a coffee and a pastiche or two. We went to Sintra, Caiscais and Estoril as well as all around Lisbon.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes that would have been nice, a coffee and a pastiche or two. We went to Sintra, Caiscais and Estoril as well as all around Lisbon.

Chuck and I did the same except we did not go to Estoril. We did Sintra and Cascais the first time and Lisbon the second visit. Bought some cork shoes and a purse!

We are planning to go to Australia and New Zealand Feb 9 and Feb 26, 2020 on the Radiance. We'll see if we can handle to Loooong flight and the airfare!

5 hours ago, SailingShelley said:

Chuck and I did the same except we did not go to Estoril. We did Sintra and Cascais the first time and Lisbon the second visit. Bought some cork shoes and a purse!

We are planning to go to Australia and New Zealand Feb 9 and Feb 26, 2020 on the Radiance. We'll see if we can handle to Loooong flight and the airfare!

Nice, as for the long flights, all I can say is pack some patience and make sure you have recovery time in your schedule, perhaps have a stop over half way for a night to help with breaking it up and reducing any jet lag.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Nice, as for the long flights, all I can say is pack some patience and make sure you have recovery time in your schedule, perhaps have a stop over half way for a night to help with breaking it up and reducing any jet lag.

Rather be on a Transpacific than the plane to Sidney for 20+ hours but I don't think I have the patience for ALL those days at sea! What do you pack in your "flying patience suitcase"? Recovery from the States to Europe jet lag goes well since I get off running. Doing the  TA crossing on a ship instead of flying does make it easier but a lot more patience is needed!

18 minutes ago, George C said:

29 days till first oasis cruise.have celebrity and msc booked for next year.

Okay what is "first oasis cruise have Celebrity"? Do you mean the Ship is "Oasis of the Seas"? Royal Caribbean has a ship with that name. If it is Celebrity Cruises than what is the name of the ship or what part of the World is sailing? 🙄

13 minutes ago, SailingShelley said:

Okay what is "first oasis cruise have Celebrity"? Do you mean the Ship is "Oasis of the Seas"? Royal Caribbean has a ship with that name. If it is Celebrity Cruises than what is the name of the ship or what part of the World is sailing? 🙄

I'd take that to mean they have AN Oasis on Royal, then have  Celebrity and MSC cruises booked for next year.