How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

31 days to our next cruise/land trip combo.   

2 days before that is Mrs Ldub's last work day before retirement!!!!

5 days before that I get this clunky brace off my foot (nuisance be gone!).  

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

31 days to our next cruise/land trip combo.   

2 days before that is Mrs Ldub's last work day before retirement!!!!

5 days before that I get this clunky brace off my foot (nuisance be gone!).  

Congratulations to Mrs.Ldub on her retirement.

HK was okay, we have been numerous times so just went to the movies to stay out of any possible trouble.

The ship is awesome, as was Japan and the Philippines but the cruise did have some issues that we and many, many others also experienced. Not sure what they were doing differently to what the Ovation did when cruising out of HK but the MDR couldn't cater properly for the passengers even those with bookings and buffet were absolutely crazy with people queuing just to get in. Luckily we had the Silver lounge to eat at.

1 hour ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Thanks, had a blast. don't care for the larger ships I found out on this cruise. I hope yours was great also.

I am still not convinced and will need more evidence as we have cruised on the larger ships (4000+ PAX) 4 times now and have really only had crowd issues on this last one.

• Like 1

We leave tomorrow for a world cruise.  Leave from Venice January 5 and return to Venice April 26.  Finished packing. I (F) have two suitcases, weighing a total of 100  pounds.  Husband also has 2 weighing a total of 72 pounds.  Guess some of my stuff going in his! 

Planned for 2 years.  Can't believe it's here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LynnTTT said:

We leave tomorrow for a world cruise.  Leave from Venice January 5 and return to Venice April 26.  Finished packing. I (F) have two suitcases, weighing a total of 100  pounds.  Husband also has 2 weighing a total of 72 pounds.  Guess some of my stuff going in his! 

Wow, how exciting for you, I wish you a bon voyage, hoping you get smooth seas and good weather.

16 hours ago, LynnTTT said:

wow...WOW....WOW...:classic_biggrin:….It sounds wonderful and I hope you have a marvelous time!  As of yesterday, I am officially retired!

I have 4 cruises booked for this year but not a world cruise----maybe next year...….(I doubt it).   How are    you handling all your "basics from home stuff"? Are you pre-paying any/all bills that will come due

while you are away?

Oh, my first cruise of the 4 comes on Jan 16th....so 15 more days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

wow...WOW....WOW...:classic_biggrin:….It sounds wonderful and I hope you have a marvelous time!  As of yesterday, I am officially retired!

I have 4 cruises booked for this year but not a world cruise----maybe next year...….(I doubt it).   How are    you handling all your "basics from home stuff"? Are you pre-paying any/all bills that will come due

while you are away?

Congratulations on your retirement.😀

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

while you are away?

We've arraigned to have almost all bills paid on line.  And we can authorize a few more by phone.  Mail is being forwarded to my daughter and we gave her a few signed checks just in case.  Taxes we'll have to do using wifi/email but we haven't done paper taxes for years. Neighbors watching the house and will run the car every few weeks,  no pets, lawn guy will start mowing in March, ummmm  Time to turn off outside water, set thermostat, check the locks and get to the airport

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

while you are away?

Congrats on your retirement as well.