luggage size

Possible

For cruise lines I believe it is under 200 lbs & must fit in your cabin should be in the FAQ's or your cruise contract

For airlines you need to check the carrier you are using

Edited by LHT28

Most ships have a 200 lb limit...PER PERSON....

If you're flying to port, you are restricted only by the airlines.

On the ship, anything you carry on must fit thru a scanner, similar to the airline carry-on size...but you can check many, many bags of varying size.

If you're flying to port, you are restricted only by the airlines.

On the ship, anything you carry on must fit thru a scanner, similar to the airline carry-on size...but you can check many, many bags of varying size.

Most cruise lines have a 200 lb pp weight limit for luggage?

I never heard that.

Could you give a clue where we could read the specifics?

Thanks.

How long is your cruise? We each take a small suitcase that we have walked on with, they fit thru the scanner with my carry on. We have done 14 day B2Bs and a 14 day cruise with just these suitcases. I have things washed during the cruise so we don't have to take day & night times clothes for 14 days! We check them getting on but we walk off with them at the end of the cruise. ... and we both will have something we didn't wear.

Yes, I think the poster was more interested in dimensions as opposed to weight. When on a no-fly cruise I bought a fourteen rung ladder at a port. I had no trouble getting it through security when I returned to the ship and stowed it in my cabin. The steward just accepted it and used it to enhance his towel models. When I got it home the budgie was delighted.

Regards John

For cruise lines I believe it is under 200 lbs…

Most cruise lines state that a checked bag should not exceed 50 lb…

IMHO, all of these postings are simply not true. I invite anyone to demonstrate they are valid for other than relatively small ships.

Scott & Karen

IMHO, all of these postings are simply not true. I invite anyone to demonstrate they are valid for other than relatively small ships.

Scott & Karen

This is from the NCL Website:

"How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are traveling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions."

https://www.ncl.com/faq#how-many-suitcases

I found a similar restriction on Princess as well.

This is from a travel website, have no idea if it is really accurate. (Name not posted as it may violate CC rules)

Cruise Ship

Baggage Allowance

Azamara Cruises No Set Limit.

Carnival Cruises No Set Limit.

Celebrity Cruises No Set Limit.

Disney Cruise Line Up to 2 bags per person.

Holland America Line Up to 2 bags checked; 1 carry-on overnight or light flight bag which must remain in your custody at all times.

MSC Cruises 2 suitcases and 2 pieces of hand luggage per passenger.

Norwegian Cruise Line Up to 200 lbs. of luggage per passenger

Oceania Cruises May take a reasonable amount of luggage, but no one item may weigh over 70 lbs.

Princess Cruises No Set Limit.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises May take a reasonable amount of luggage, but no one item may weigh over 70 lbs.

Royal Caribbean Cruises No Set Limit.

This is from a travel website, have no idea if it is really accurate. (Name not posted as it may violate CC rules)

Cruise Ship

Baggage Allowance

Azamara Cruises No Set Limit.

Carnival Cruises No Set Limit.

Celebrity Cruises No Set Limit.

Disney Cruise Line Up to 2 bags per person.

Holland America Line Up to 2 bags checked; 1 carry-on overnight or light flight bag which must remain in your custody at all times.

MSC Cruises 2 suitcases and 2 pieces of hand luggage per passenger.

Norwegian Cruise Line Up to 200 lbs. of luggage per passenger

Oceania Cruises May take a reasonable amount of luggage, but no one item may weigh over 70 lbs.

Princess Cruises No Set Limit.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises May take a reasonable amount of luggage, but no one item may weigh over 70 lbs.

Royal Caribbean Cruises No Set Limit.

I can guarantee that at least one portion of this information is incorrect. We leave in two days for five months on board the Holland America ms Amsterdam. We are traveling with eight 50 pound bags and will have no problem boarding the ship.

Scott & Karen

This is from the NCL Website:

"How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are traveling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions."

https://www.ncl.com/faq#how-many-suitcases

I found a similar restriction on Princess as well.

This NCL rule is the first restriction I have ever seen on the number of pieces of personal luggage allowed on a cruise. They would have difficulty enforcing it on any cruise of greater than, say, 30 days.

I know of, nor could find, any such requirement for Princess Cruises.

Scott & Karen