Traditional dining question

kt6453

We will be traveling on Crown Princess to Alaska in May with 3yo and 7yo. Our plan is to do the traditional dining at earlier time for many reasons, the biggest of which being my son has peanut/tree but allergies so eating in same place with same servers, etc makes whole process less stressful.

My question is, do they have smaller tables for four or should we anticipate sharing a larger table?

If it is a larger table, do people have issues sharing with kids? They are used to eating in restaurants and are usually well behaved, but they are kids and I know that's not what everyone is looking for on vacation!!

Anything else I should know?

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be traveling on Crown Princess to Alaska in May with 3yo and 7yo. Our plan is to do the traditional dining at earlier time for many reasons, the biggest of which being my son has peanut/tree but allergies so eating in same place with same servers, etc makes whole process less stressful.

My question is, do they have smaller tables for four or should we anticipate sharing a larger table?

If it is a larger table, do people have issues sharing with kids? They are used to eating in restaurants and are usually well behaved, but they are kids and I know that's not what everyone is looking for on vacation!!

Thank you!!

In your Personalizer, you can choose Traditional or Anytime dining. If you choose Traditional, you are given the option of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. There is no guarantee, but if you sign up early enough, you will get the table size that you chose.

In addition to what JF said above, I would recommend that you meet with the maitre'd in the dining room on embarkation day to make sure that the MDR folks are aware of your needs. When and where the maitre'd will hold this session will be in the Princess Patter that will be in your cabin when you embark.

Enjoy your cruise.

At the risk of getting flamed.................I would prefer not to sit at a table with 2 small children , even well behaved ones. It is not the behaviour that would cause me to change tables. The reason is because they are not conducive nor contributing to an adult conversation which I prefer.

At the risk of getting flamed.................I would prefer not to sit at a table with 2 small children , even well behaved ones. It is not the behaviour that would cause me to change tables. The reason is because they are not conducive nor contributing to an adult conversation which I prefer.

Depends on the adult. ;) I find Princess is good about seating families with kids together and with just them.

Thanks all! I would prefer with kids to just sit with our family.... I totally get the not wanting other people's kids at your table!

Thanks again!!

Edited by kt6453

If you're placed at a larger table, you can always ask to be moved to a table for four if that works better for you.

Being placed at a table for 4 & winding up with an unknown couple can be disastrous if you get the wrong couple. Always choose a table for 2 or if you want others at your table a table for 6 or larger.

You are not alone, we do traditional late and request a table for 2.... or the crown grill.

Being placed at a table for 4 & winding up with an unknown couple can be disastrous if you get the wrong couple. Always choose a table for 2 or if you want others at your table a table for 6 or larger.

I think you misread the prior posts. The thread deals with a family of four and their table options. They want a table for 4. They would not worry about another couple joining them at a table for 4

My question is, do they have smaller tables for four or should we anticipate sharing a larger table? yes so request a table for 4

If it is a larger table, do people have issues sharing with kids? They are used to eating in restaurants and are usually well behaved, but they are kids and I know that's not what everyone is looking for on vacation!! for us at least it would be a disaster

Thank you!!

We love kids but at our age sharing a table with two little kids would be awful. Luckily Princess separates age groups most of the time.

As a grandma' date=' I would find 2 well-behaved young kids at my table kind of fun. It might be interesting to hear what they did that day and how they liked it.[/quote']

Me, too. I know some kids who are much better behaved than some adults. ;)

When there is a food allergy involved, the head waiter will typically come over to your table every night with the menu for the following night. You put in your order in advance, and they make sure it is made to your dietary needs. They are very good about this. As someone already said, make sure the allergy is listed in your cruise personalizer.

As a grandma' date=' I would find 2 well-behaved young kids at my table kind of fun. It might be interesting to hear what they did that day and how they liked it.[/quote']

We were inadvertently seated at a table with two children and they had the audacity, the unmitigated gall to actually smile and laugh at the table. We were permanently scarred by the episode.

• 2 weeks later...
IF they were to put you at a table with others, it would be with another family...not "couples" only!!!

Not true :roll eyes: On at least 2 occasions that I can remember we were put at a large table with one or two other couples and a family (mom,dad, and 2 kids). The kids were delightful and we enjoyed our dinnertime with them. :)

IF they were to put you at a table with others, it would be with another family...not "couples" only!!!
Not necessarily. We had a family with two young sons at our table for eight. Fortunately the boys only came to dinner a couple of times.

I would assume Princess would try to match families with other families to minimize incompatibility. Yes, there are tables for 4, though. Have your TA (or call Princess if you booked directly) request a table for 4 on your booking. It's not a guarantee but can be noted. Then when you're onboard the first day, you can check with the Maitr D' to make sure you have a table that will work for you. You can also ask your waiter to please provide expedited service nightly to ensure well behaved kiddos.

We were inadvertently seated at a table with two children and they had the audacity, the unmitigated gall to actually smile and laugh at the table. We were permanently scarred by the episode.

I do hope you complained to everyone on the ship, wrote a letter to corporate HQ and demanded a full refund and another cruise as compensation for that terrible experience. After all you were forced to sit there and put up with that type of behaviour and no one should have to do that. The gaul for them to sit there and smile along with laughing. It must be stopped.