Missed Call From Crown and Anchor Society

Thanks everyone for the kind words...

Lol, they gave us nothing extra and I asked for nothing, just happy getting everything as originally planned

Awesome!!! You have a superb attitude during this (karma will repay you, good things will happen to you on this cruise) and I always enjoy reading your posts and opinions here on CC... Happy to see a great result compared to someone complaining about the smallest of things. I wish you the best of birthday celebrations and an awesome cruise!:)

Edited by Hoopster95

Just curious were the bookings they cancelled ones you booked with inexpensive deposits?

I have returned back to RCI and the forum after a 6 years hiatus...and noticed all these people with lists of future bookings into 2018.....I asked someone about hers, she told me she deposited them for a dollar each, I could be mistaken but I though that is what she said.....as i said just curious....

You are mistaken.

Perhaps the person was talking about tracking software on a website that alerts you to price changes. Each cruise tracked costs $1.

You are mistaken.

Perhaps the person was talking about tracking software on a website that alerts you to price changes. Each cruise tracked costs $1.

And lately that site has not been earning it's dollar. :rolleyes:

Probably this, or different departments not speaking to each other. First calls were from Resolutions Department. Last call was from Re-Accomdations

I don't ever remember Royal having a re-accommodations department in the past. Looks like Empress has been creating new jobs for the South Florida economy ;)

I don't ever remember Royal having a re-accommodations department in the past. Looks like Empress has been creating new jobs for the South Florida economy ;)

She said she was 1 of 5 employees in the department? Who knows though. Its probably similar to "Boiler Room/Wolf of Wall Street" everyone is a Vice President but no one is in charge.

Just curious were the bookings they cancelled ones you booked with inexpensive deposits?

I have returned back to RCI and the forum after a 6 years hiatus...and noticed all these people with lists of future bookings into 2018.....I asked someone about hers, she told me she deposited them for a dollar each, I could be mistaken but I though that is what she said.....as i said just curious....

I paid full deposit, I think it was $200 per cabin

Awesome!!! You have a superb attitude during this (karma will repay you, good things will happen to you on this cruise) and I always enjoy reading your posts and opinions here on CC... Happy to see a great result compared to someone complaining about the smallest of things. I wish you the best of birthday celebrations and an awesome cruise!:)

Thanks I appreciate the kind words

You are mistaken.

Wrong cruise line.........

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises announces a one-day only "Leap Day" sale offering an incredibly low $1 deposit on cruise bookings made today. The special reduced-deposit offer is available on the final day of the current "Twice as Nice" sale, the line's biggest destination sale ever, featuring double onboard spending money and savings of up to $1,000 per stateroom on cruise vacations six days and longer to all destinations, sailing Summer 2016 through Spring 2017. With over 700 voyages on sale, guests can choose from a variety of cruise vacations sailing all over the world at a great value.

My though was if Colorado Babe booked a cruise with a minimal deposit then they would probably do nothing ....but obviously my thinking was flawed, because that was not the case.

Edited by land lover

I paid full deposit, I think it was $200 per cabin

Oh my goodness I was asking that question of Colorado babe not you.

Once again, so happy things were resolved enjoy your cruise.......

Edited by land lover

They need to rename that ship "Cancellation of the Seas".

Those of us who have been cancelled twice on this ship may not hold the record any more. Who's been cancelled three times on this ship?

I don't usually read through a whole thread before I comment but this time I just kept scrolling. It was amazing to read the progression of this dilemma. I could just imagine the stress you were going through when I started reading.

I really glad it all worked put for you. Please come back after the cruise and tell us all how it went. Have a great time!

I don't usually read through a whole thread before I comment but this time I just kept scrolling. It was amazing to read the progression of this dilemma. I could just imagine the stress you were going through when I started reading.

I really glad it all worked put for you. Please come back after the cruise and tell us all how it went. Have a great time!

Still have a headache from the stress but overall I think I kept my cool. Never would have posted had I not missed the original phone call and was in suspense waiting for call back.

I had a feeling something was wrong, I never get called for upgrade and JS to OS was impossible since it was sold out.

As I assume you know, many travel insurance companies will let you move a policy to a different trip.

Hi, neighbor. Yes, I was fairly certain they would let us do that IF we are able to reschedule and book another trip. Things are complicated by the fact that MIL is always very limited as to when she can travel. She is a tax accountant and there are ALWAYS tax deadlines looming for some group or other. (At 85 I think she retire, but what do I know.) We can usually get her to commit to May or Dec. That is about it. And the other cabin is stepdaughter and her guy. She is working full-time and taking classes toward a masters degree and he will finish law school in May of next year, then has to almost immediately start studying for the bar. Whatever we book, it will probably have to be for May or early June.

Assuming I find something that works, it will probably cost us a lot more. We booked the Legend trip when they were running the 30% off sale that seemed as if it would never end (but of course it did). Any idea what Tuesday's upcoming promo involves? I haven't been taking part in RC's agent webinars lately so I am kind of out of the loop.

k.

Perhaps it's one of TWO names for the same department? (The other one being the Re-Deployment Department). Sure sounds the same to me.

:)

Hi, neighbor. Yes, I was fairly certain they would let us do that IF we are able to reschedule and book another trip. Things are complicated by the fact that MIL is always very limited as to when she can travel. She is a tax accountant and there are ALWAYS tax deadlines looming for some group or other. (At 85 I think she retire, but what do I know.) We can usually get her to commit to May or Dec. That is about it. And the other cabin is stepdaughter and her guy. She is working full-time and taking classes toward a masters degree and he will finish law school in May of next year, then has to almost immediately start studying for the bar. Whatever we book, it will probably have to be for May or early June.

Assuming I find something that works, it will probably cost us a lot more. We booked the Legend trip when they were running the 30% off sale that seemed as if it would never end (but of course it did). Any idea what Tuesday's upcoming promo involves? I haven't been taking part in RC's agent webinars lately so I am kind of out of the loop.

k.

13336060_10154231286312500_5637931239945585312_n.jpg?oh=b471ecc8a6243f2fcd7b6b2b670f77d5&oe=57D4761E

She said she was 1 of 5 employees in the department? Who knows though. Its probably similar to "Boiler Room/Wolf of Wall Street" everyone is a Vice President but no one is in charge.

When the Rhapsody was suppose to sail out of Port Canaveral before they started playing "Who's on first" with the ships I dealt with the re-accommodations department. They were a pleasure to deal with.

Cancellations came a very short time before sail dates. No one was sitting there with just deposits.

No matter how much or how little anyone had put down as a deposit initially, all cruises are paid up at this point.

I despise the summer in Florida, but I am glad I rebooked to the last scheduled sailing in July on Empress. Maybe they can fix her by then to provide basic services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If everyone didn't know better, you'd think they just pulled Empress out of a scrap yard. Hard to believe she was actually in service before Royal reacquired her.

Edited by Big_G

If everyone didn't know better, you'd think they just pulled Empress out of a scrap yard. Hard to believe she was actually in service before Royal reacquired her.

I am sitting here thinking that same thing tonight.

Me, too, especially since I (and five friends/relatives) are booked on the now cancelled Legend/Suez Canal itinerary of May 2017 and disgusted with the pathetic "offer" we have received!

k.

We are also on the cancelled Legend (or rather were) and havn't even yet been notified it is cancelled !