No more balcony/suite discount within 6 months(as of Sept 1,2016)

PH8

That's certainly a reduction of benefits.

For all you loyal to Royal's, if you haven't tried MSC, they know how to "wine and dine" to get you over. Flat 5% off your cruise fare regardless of when you book.

Cunard used to do that 5% discount for world club members then they changed it to "only on select cruises" I don't know what it is now. Maybe I should check. [emoji12]

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bit of a change as far as the questions..........before the upgrade question was not #5...They added the within 6 month ruling as number 4 now..

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Crown_and_Anchor/16052085_CAS_Member_Appreciation.pdf

IF you save this link(as a bookmark or favorite),it will update if they make changes...

Looking at that it says Diamond get $350 balcony discount on 10+ day cruises starting Sept 1st

SO I can call in and get an extra $25 off my April 2017 TA???????

If you're sailing out of Manhatten, yeah. Going to Brooklyn for Princess is not much closer then Bayonne for RCL/Celebrity from midtown. Bayonne is just a 10-15 minute drive outside the Holland tunnel. Heck, might take longer with the traffic on the roads going to Brooklyn.

I do not doubt it, but I will stick with my ex-home town or sail out of Texas or Florida, Brooklyn pier is not far did it a few times, but always prefer leaving from midtown, great view of skyline while leaving

Looking at that it says Diamond get $350 balcony discount on 10+ day cruises starting Sept 1st

SO I can call in and get an extra $25 off my April 2017 TA???????

You can call but they will re-price your booking at the current rate and you will subject to whatever promo is running when you call them

You can call but they will re-price your booking at the current rate and you will subject to whatever promo is running when you call them

K probably wont be worth it than:rolleyes:

I just called last week for a $250 price drop from the new 30%pp sale

If you're sailing out of Manhatten, yeah. Going to Brooklyn for Princess is not much closer then Bayonne for RCL/Celebrity from midtown. Bayonne is just a 10-15 minute drive outside the Holland tunnel. Heck, might take longer with the traffic on the roads going to Brooklyn.

Especially with the impending long-term renovation of MTA lines and stations in Brooklyn.

My husband and I usually book within the 6 month window. To be honest, as a diamond member and having been satisfied with RCCL for many years... I almost never look at another cruise line. A change like this means that there is less benefit to being loyal to RCCL. So if this change remains, I will shop around. The issue for RCCL is that if I have a good experience with another line there will be more competition for my next cruise.

I understand the desire to either improve profitability or increase the mix of new vs old cruisers... but I would think that the last thing a company wants would be solidly loyal customers looking around. Lets face it be benefits of moving from Diamond to Diamond plus are just not that great... so the upgrade C&A benefit was important

Good to hear.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Saw it also:

CaptSticky posted this 5:02 PM on the Diamond/Diamond Plus thread:

"Well well just got a call. Told new balcony discount program on hold for now. "

Then he added:

"I guess that I should have specified that the call came from Bailey's office. "

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2367634&page=106

Saw it also:

CaptSticky posted this 5:02 PM on the Diamond/Diamond Plus thread:

"Well well just got a call. Told new balcony discount program on hold for now. "

Then he added:

"I guess that I should have specified that the call came from Bailey's office. "

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2367634&page=106

Wow - I didn't even know there was such a thread! You do learn something every day on CC.

Here's how I see it... the Mega ships have more insides than balconies and these are the more difficult to fill. Dropping the balcony discount does two things...

1. Increases revenues on balconies

2. Moves the would be balcony cruiser w/ loyalty discount to inside rooms.

This opens up more inventory of balconies available at a higher price & fills insides while doing it.

Sounds like some promising news since my last post:p

I imagine they didn't know what hit them with all the feedback they were getting...

Can you imagine if we didn't know about it ahead of time and got the news on Sept 1st??:eek::eek::eek:

I imagine they didn't know what hit them with all the feedback they were getting...

Can you imagine if we didn't know about it ahead of time and got the news on Sept 1st??:eek::eek::eek:

Not to be a crepe hanger, but I'll believe it when I see it, Kathy. I have been misled by Corporate before, unfortunately. I am ever hopeful. :rolleyes:

Yep, and a big thank you to you Kathy for the heads up!!!

Because they don't appreciate their customers???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

YA think?!!!!:eek:

That one probably would have cost them too much money with everyone trying to get the extra $25 :)

Edited by molly361

Just off the phone with C and A and were told that yes the policy has been postponed and also the "Customer Appreciation" Promo has been postponed as well.

Now it will be interesting to see if they make any further changes before the Presidents cruise or wait until after. Either way I'm sure Mr. Bayley will be getting an earful on that cruise.

I would not be surprised if they hold off for a while and then sneak it in without warning next time.

Just off the phone with C and A and were told that yes the policy has been postponed and also the "Customer Appreciation" Promo has been postponed as well.

This should be interesting to see what becomes of it all.

I would have no objection if they left the 25.00 increase for Pinnacles in place starting now;):)