how to carry wine around ship?

fla33023

I'm thinking about taking the allotted 2 bottles of wine on my RCCL cruise next month for the first time. Do I just carry the bottle from the room to the dining room? Is there something for sale somewhere that will look a little more classy? I would feel weird just carrying a bottle all around the ship! (I posted here since it seems like a generic question) Thanks!

I'm thinking about taking the allotted 2 bottles of wine on my RCCL cruise next month for the first time. Do I just carry the bottle from the room to the dining room? Is there something for sale somewhere that will look a little more classy? I would feel weird just carrying a bottle all around the ship! (I posted here since it seems like a generic question) Thanks!

I see people carrying a bottle of wine into the dining room all the time. I don't think it's a big deal.

As long as it's not cheap wine, it would be fine :-)

Most ships charge a 'corkage' fee to bring a bottle in the dinning room - now is that 'Always' followed?? What we do is get a stemmed water glass and pour a Full glass and bring that in the dinning room. Never have had an issue

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Most ships charge a 'corkage' fee to bring a bottle in the dinning room - now is that 'Always' followed?? What we do is get a stemmed water glass and pour a Full glass and bring that in the dinning room. Never have had an issue

Royal no longer charges corkage fees or I wouldn't even bother.

Wow -you've redefined "low rent." :-(

No..RCI has no "corkage" fee at all. You may carry the exposed bottle anywhere you like....everyone does it! Or a glass...your choice!

Something of a colossal over statement. NOT everyone does tthat. :rolleyes: :eek:

Hell you can bring a bottle of white or rose down early and have them chill it for you if you want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whaaaaat?! I had no idea. I guess I've always been caught up in my own thing that I never even noticed people carrying bottles of wine. This will be perfect. Thank you!

If we're bringing our own wine into the dining room, we usually just pour our glasses and bring them.

I've had the steward/room service deliver wine glasses to the room. I've also just picked up a couple at any bar I happened to pass on the way to the stateroom.

I don't see any reason you can't bring a bottle, though.

Do I just carry the bottle from the room to the dining room? Is there something for sale somewhere that will look a little more classy? I would feel weird just carrying a bottle all around the ship!

Hi there - others have answered but I just wanted to add that if you are going from your cabin to the dining room, that's not "all around the ship", so not to worry. ;) Take your wine to the dining room (opened or not) and enjoy it there. If you do not finish it that evening, the wait staff will be happy to keep it for you, putting your name and cabin number on it until the next night. You don't have to carry it any farther than to the dining room the first time.

Enjoy. :)

Whaaaaat?! I had no idea. I guess I've always been caught up in my own thing that I never even noticed people carrying bottles of wine. This will be perfect. Thank you!

Yup. And in the unlikely event there are leftovers, they will store it for you. Oh yeah, specialty venues do it too. You can even open a bottle at Chops and kill it in MDR the next night

Do I just carry the bottle from the room to the dining room? Is there something for sale somewhere that will look a little more classy? I would feel weird just carrying a bottle all around the ship!
You should visit New Jersey, where the limited number of liquor licenses results in most restaurants being BYO. Everyone walks in with bottles in tow or winds up running to a nearby liquor store and returning with a bottle in a paper bag. :)

You should visit New Jersey, where the limited number of liquor licenses results in most restaurants being BYO. Everyone walks in with bottles in tow or winds up running to a nearby liquor store and returning with a bottle in a paper bag. :)

There are a far number of good, newish, small restaurants across the river in Philly that are also BYO.

I was accused of "schlepping" my bottle of wine from the cabin to the dining room on the Celebrity boards. That poster knew in his own little mind that the only appropriate way to get the bottle from the cabin to the dining room was to request his cabin steward to deliver it. As long as I can carry a bottle myself, I'll continue to do it my way and not worry what someone else thinks.

Wow -you've redefined "low rent." :-(

Really? You have redefined "snooty". I've been to a number of "high brow" functions where people walk around with a glass (even "gasp," plastic ones) of wine, champagne or whatever. :rolleyes:

Hi

If you like you could bring a "pretty" wine bag to carry it in. You would be able to reuse it as well.

happy cruising

We were recently on Brilliance of the Seas. They had clear wine totes in Vintages that you could take your wine purchased from them to dinner or back to your cabin. I'm sure buying an upscale wine or being a good customer would make a difference. We were very good customers.

Margee

So you are pouring your wine into a water goblet because you are too cheap to pay a $15 corkage fee. If I have it right, that sets a new record for cruise frugality.

DON

I'm not sure frugal is the word I would use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP, if you aren't comfortable just carrying the bottle, pick up a reusable wine bag (like the reusable grocery bags only with slots for bottles) or even a pretty gift bag. I prefer to carry my bottle(s) in something when I walk into a restaurant--just my preference. Those reusable bags fold up and take no space in your luggage. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk