Edge Single Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

johhnnyt

Booked an Edge Single Stateroom today for inaugural sailing, only information I have on it so far is that its slightly smaller (142 sq ft) vice the normal edge infinity cabin of 200 sq ft. Looks like great locations though, and it has a Queen sized bed instead of a King Sized one. Anyone heard anything else?

Booked an Edge Single Stateroom today for inaugural sailing, only information I have on it so far is that its slightly smaller (142 sq ft) vice the normal edge infinity cabin of 200 sq ft. Looks like great locations though, and it has a Queen sized bed instead of a King Sized one. Anyone heard anything else?

My TA told me that the infinity balconies are slightly obstructed although they charge more for them. TA is a large online TA that wins X chairman's awards regularly, so you might want to check it out.

I've heard they're about 90-95% of the price of just paying the double fare for a double occupancy cabin. Not sure if that's true or not. And at less than 75% of the space, might be worth it just to get a regular cabin. Couple of hundred bucks is a couple of hundred bucks I guess. Maybe that's why there's only 16 of them.

Thx.

Just did a mockbooking. On one of the cheaper 7 day sailings, the veranda is $2,949 for a solo cabin and $2,989 for a solo in a double cabin. Why on earth would anyone book a smaller cabin for such a small discount?? Hopefully they adjust the prices in the future.

Just did a mockbooking. On one of the cheaper 7 day sailings, the veranda is $2,949 for a solo cabin and $2,989 for a solo in a double cabin. Why on earth would anyone book a smaller cabin for such a small discount?? Hopefully they adjust the prices in the future.

Exactly. All my friends who sail solo and I have come to the same conclusion. If Celebrity expects me to accept a substantially smaller cabin, there had better be a corresponding substantial discount in the price.

So, good luck to Celebrity with these cabins. I suspect that they will only be booked by the math challenged.

Yup, I agree with you all. I spoke to some people at Celebrity yesterday, and was told the plan was to offer the Solo Infinity cabins at 80% the cost of a single person paying for double occupancy Infinity cabin.

So my problems with it so far are

• 25% less cabin space but currently the savings is about 10% off regular fare ($3419 for an ES $3798 for an E4)
  • Queen sized bed instead of a King Bed
  • Lose out on the double points of Captains Club I would imagine
  • Guessing you would not be able to upgrade using CC to jump a category

My opinion is they should sweeten the pot on those single cabins, maybe offer free wifi, and free laundry for the single travelers in these cabins and keep the price point as it is, or just reduce the price point. You just have to find a creative way to incentivize the traveler into believing that giving up the extra 25% of cabin space is worth it.

I got a price the other day on a single cabin too.......No thanks.....If I am going to pay 3 grand, I will book a "full sized cabin".

(which I did).

Well I booked the solo the moment the books opened. Inaugural sailings are always set at a premium so I bit the cost. On deck 6 cat ES......hope the life boat davits don't block the view. Funny I was in the same numbered cabin on the inaugural of the Solstice...history repeats👍

I was at a AAA cruise show yesterday and spoke with the Celebrity rep about the single cabins. He said they should cost 150% of regular except at holidays when it will be 175%. Looking at the cost I might just go for a regular room. I am booked on the new Holland Koningsdam for this fall and was excited about the Edge so wanted to try it out also.

I was at a AAA cruise show yesterday and spoke with the Celebrity rep about the single cabins. He said they should cost 150% of regular except at holidays when it will be 175%. Looking at the cost I might just go for a regular room. I am booked on the new Holland Koningsdam for this fall and was excited about the Edge so wanted to try it out also.

Good morning, The Celebrity rep must not have looked at the prices.....:eek:

Interesting. The FAQ calls them E5 and the deckplans on the Celebrity website calls them ES.

Of course the FAQ also uses identical symbols for category 10 and category IO so go figure........

I suspect these are typos by the person inputting the data for the FAQs. A written S is easily mistaken for a 5.

Good morning, The Celebrity rep must not have looked at the prices.....:eek:

Unless that is what the intention is after the initial newness wears off. If I am going to pay that much money to travel alone on that ship I likely will go for regular OV. Looks like they are so booked they are into 2019. Going to think on it and likely do deposit this week since there is a combo of incentives between AAA and Celebrity.

• 1 year later...

Booked a single infinite veranda.

It cost me less than a inside cabin as dont have to pay for a second non existent guest plus I get perks for having a balcony that I dont get in a inside cabin.

I see people are saying they are same price as double cabins, they are per person so are half price nearly for the solo traveller.

Cabins are slightly smaller but more than big enough for one person.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Forums mobile app

Congrats! Here's more info.

There are 16 of them on the Edge and the plan right now for Apex is 24 single IV's (they sold out quickly on my cruises). Four of them are on the 50% obstruction list with davits (6142, 6143, 6144, 6145).

They are 142 square feet plus 42 square foot balcony and have a Queen bed. Category ES Single Stateroom could accommodate 2nd guest on sofa. The regular IV is 201 sq ft plus 42 sq ft balcony with a King bed.

enhance

enhance

The more I look at this diagram, since it was posted on the other thread, the more I think it is not a true representation of the cabin.

As discussed on the other thread, the description says sofa, but there is none in the diagram.

And, now I'm noticing that the diagram does not match up with the deck plans. On the deck plans, the cabin is a rectangle. The diagram is not a rectangle, as the entrance and closet area jut out.

The more I look at this diagram, since it was posted on the other thread, the more I think it is not a true representation of the cabin.

As discussed on the other thread, the description says sofa, but there is none in the diagram.

And, now I'm noticing that the diagram does not match up with the deck plans. On the deck plans, the cabin is a rectangle. The diagram is not a rectangle, as the entrance and closet area jut out.

Oh, I didn't notice that. I do question some of the layouts available on line - they don't all make sense.

2 weeks ago my friend lucked into an ES for the 12/16 sailing- 6143- which is obstructed, although I suspect many Deck 6 cabins are also obstructed as on the S-class ships. She paid @$1200 less than had she booked an EV and took the drinks package and OBC ($300 just for her vs. the same anount for DH & me). At the time of booking the cabin was listed as having an obstructed view so we shall see how much of an issue it is! I do like the fact that there are 2 veranda chairs, so I can visit her cabin, even if there isn't a sofa.

2 weeks ago my friend lucked into an ES for the 12/16 sailing- 6143- which is obstructed, although I suspect many Deck 6 cabins are also obstructed as on the S-class ships. She paid @$1200 less than had she booked an EV and took the drinks package and OBC ($300 just for her vs. the same anount for DH & me). At the time of booking the cabin was listed as having an obstructed view so we shall see how much of an issue it is! I do like the fact that there are 2 veranda chairs, so I can visit her cabin, even if there isn't a sofa.

Sounds like a good deal. It's a small space, but having the IV will make a big difference. I would leave that bifold door open most of the time, if it were me, and enjoy a normal-sized space. It's great that the balconies are the same size as other IV's so you should enjoy sitting out there together. :D