Towel Animals

john watson

Has anybody been less than satisfied with the quality of the product in this area. Last cruise I felt a bit let down with the steward's "straight snake". I even left my sunglasses out near a coat hanger but was unsuccessful in attracting a gorilla. Finally I confronted him on the issue and on the last day he had done a "manta ray" which I congratulated him on. Turned out my daughter had thrown a towel on the bed.

Regards John

Has anybody been less than satisfied with the quality of the product in this area. Last cruise I felt a bit let down with the steward's "straight snake". I even left my sunglasses out near a coat hanger but was unsuccessful in attracting a gorilla. Finally I confronted him on the issue and on the last day he had done a "manta ray" which I congratulated him on. Turned out my daughter had thrown a towel on the bed.

Regards John

Never had a towel animal on any of my Princess cruises.

So, did you complain at Reception or just put up with the problem?

Regards John

Hi,Ive just looked at the date LOL.You should try this on the PandO board,you might get a good row started,cheers,Brian.

Regards John

April Fool ??

Annie

I've never been a fan of towel animals. The poor room stewards already have too heavy a workload. To have to perform another unnecessary repetitive motion job function is absurd. I'm glad Princess doesn't really do this. When I sail aboard other lines I always tell the steward to please forgo these. His/her time is too important.

Regards John

You are looking for them in all the wrong places. Check around where the pink elephants might be found.

Never had a towel animal on any of my Princess cruises.

Nor have we (with over 20 Princess cruises). I have heard of occasions where a steward might voluntarily make one if young children are in the cabin but I don't think towel animals are a stated Princess amenity. Personally I think the stewards have more than enough work to keep them busy without worrying about towel animals.

Regards John

I once was on a cruise where the towel animals came alive during the night. I definitely tipped extra!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I once was on a cruise where the towel animals came alive during the night. I definitely tipped extra!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is usually when booking under the Sip and Sail promo. That AIBP can really bring the towel animals to life.

Really?? Towel animal is not a make or break issue for me. It's a frickin towel at the end of the day.

Plumbing, power and no norovirus is.

Absolutely. It's worrying that this is all passengers have to complain about. The stewards have quite enough to do.

My daughter went on her first Princess Cruise a couple of years ago. Prior to that, she had been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We asked the steward about towel animals. He made her 2-3 each night. My daughter was about 30 at the time. Ask and you will receive.