Final payment issues?

dcl1710

Probably expecting to see the cruise is paid for. I know when I first started cruising it seemed my account should indicate paid until I spoke with my TA. Just ask your travel agency to email an invoice to you. There are often on board credits that will not show on princess site. Good question. Enjoy your cruise!

OK to explain my confusion: 1. I have always reserved on Princess. So I expect to see a paid in full on my account. 2. Used a TA to get a $490 OBC. So 3. I thought after AE processed my final payment, Princess would acknowledge the final payment and the OBC and AICBP that came with the sale booking. I will not worry again since so many say this is a common occurrence. Will never book with a TA again!

OK to explain my confusion: 1. I have always reserved on Princess. So I expect to see a paid in full on my account. 2. Used a TA to get a $490 OBC. So 3. I thought after AE processed my final payment, Princess would acknowledge the final payment and the OBC and AICBP that came with the sale booking. I will not worry again since so many say this is a common occurrence. Will never book with a TA again!

The TA would have to send you a PAID invoice from their TA agency.

You will see nothing on the Princess website indicating any payments for the cruise because the TA has control of the booking.

It shows up just fine if you don't have a TA but once a TA is involved you can't see anything about payment due or payment made.

Not necessarily true. My TA forwards to me the confirmation she gets from Princess.

It has everything on there: cabin price, taxes, OBC, what my deposit was and when final payment is due, any special promos I have coming like prepaid gratuities.

Shows my cabin, the itinerary ... everything I need in two sheets of paper.

There is nothing on there that would be confidential information to the TA so no reason you can't ask your TA to forward it to you.

Why wouldn't you use a TA? You should have the invoice from your TA? Also, if payment hadn't been made, you wouldn't see a cruise on your personalizer.

Also, under the gifts section, under the AIBP, you can check if that's there...

It's just normal, standard procedure. Think of all that extra OBC you will be missing!

I always worked directly with Princess until my last cruise in March. Having worked through a TA for the March cruise the payment doesn't show up on the web site but I was able to print a boarding pass so I knew it was paid. I also called Princess to double check that the TA paid.

Not necessarily true. My TA forwards to me the confirmation she gets from Princess.

It has everything on there: cabin price, taxes, OBC, what my deposit was and when final payment is due, any special promos I have coming like prepaid gratuities.

Shows my cabin, the itinerary ... everything I need in two sheets of paper.

There is nothing on there that would be confidential information to the TA so no reason you can't ask your TA to forward it to you.

The OP asked about the Princess website.

Thraks answer is spot on.

We made our final payment arrangements with our TA but it is not showing up on the Princess website. Is this common?

Some TA's do hang on to your money as long as possible. (I am not condemning TA's in any way), but we did have an occasion once where the TA (a very large TA) had not paid Princess until 21 days prior to the cruise - we were lucky to have kept our allocated suite I guess but all was well in the end.

1. Ask your T.A. to send you a PDF of the Princess Booking Confirmation, Passenger Copy. This should say payment if full.

2. Go to the cruise personlizer on the Princess web site. Select payments and credits. If all or part of your T.A.'s OBC is part of a group that they arranged with Princess then that OBC should show. Also sometimes T.A's promote OBC that is really part of a Princess promo, that would also show. If any part of the T.A's OBC is gift OBC then that will not show. You will receive notice on the ship. Hope this makes sense.

3. If the AIBP is part of the Princess promo, which I assume it is because T.A's can't handle the cost, then that will also show on Princess booking confirmation as a note on the bottom of the page.

I always book with a T.A. My T.A. always sends us the Princess Booking Confirmation. It is the way she works, and nothing is hidden from the customer. Some T.A.'s are a little deceptive. They promote deals that they just really pass along from Princess and are available to all. My T.A. almost always provides some additional OBC plus some onboard gift like wine, specialty restaurant and at times other things.

Most TA's usually request payment before the Princess due date.

I know ours requests payments for any cruise a few days earlier than the due date. He says this is so they can remind you if you miss the final payment, and you will not be late.

As for the OP's original question, you can always check with your credit card company to see if a payment has been made. And make sure the payment is direct to the cruise line, not made out to your travel agent.

Ok - I did receive a "Paid in Full" confirmation from the TA. I simply thought that Princess would sync that up on my cruise page. Obviously I was wrong. I have another booking with Princess and it shows that it was paid. Just a bit of confusion on my part. Since one booking was with a TA and another with Princess I could not link them so one looked paid and the other not. Thanks for the education CC!

Ok - I did receive a "Paid in Full" confirmation from the TA. I simply thought that Princess would sync that up on my cruise page. Obviously I was wrong. I have another booking with Princess and it shows that it was paid. Just a bit of confusion on my part. Since one booking was with a TA and another with Princess I could not link them so one looked paid and the other not. Thanks for the education CC!

Just think about the OBC that you may have received if you booked both those Princess cruises with the same TA ?

. Will never book with a TA again!

I agree with you on that. I have used 2 different TA and neither have helped me in anything other than booking the cruise. I could have done that myself. On both of my TA bookings I did not receive an offer of OBC, special dining, nothing! :(

I see where others have success with their TA by receiving OBC, dinner, etc...I want a TA that does that. Until I hear of a good one I will book my own. :rolleyes:

The OBC (under payments and credits) and the AIBP (under onboard reservations) should be listed in your booking on the Princess website.

I agree with you on that. I have used 2 different TA and neither have helped me in anything other than booking the cruise. I could have done that myself. On both of my TA bookings I did not receive an offer of OBC, special dining, nothing! :(

I see where others have success with their TA by receiving OBC, dinner, etc...I want a TA that does that. Until I hear of a good one I will book my own. :rolleyes:

With our TA consistently get 10% or more off Princess prices as well as some obc.

Obviously the TA's you used did not do their job.

I have found that when booking a cruise thru a travel agency especially a large one that has maybe six agents; I ask for one who specializes in cruises. What do I mean; I use an agent who has been on at least three or four different cruise lines; has booked with several different lines and knows all about OBC, specialty dining etc. My travel agent for my upcoming cruise has gotten us OBC, specialty dining, military discount. All these we did not ask for; we have never cruised with Princess so did not know what they offered. Bottom line. Having a good agent who knows the cruise industry helps in many ways.

As long as you have a copy of the Passenger Confirmation that automatically goes to the TA with the Agent Confirmation, you're good. As far as OBC, if it comes from the cruise line it will be on there. You could ask for an Amenities Confirmation which will show anything you have ordered, like a case of water or OBC you've paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app