MTP new policy changes.

crows nest club

On Crown at moment and the qualification for for MTP awards has changed. Circle host explained that the the 1st, 2nd and 3rd awards and the Luncheon/ Cocktail party for the 40 MTP wil now only count for days earned with Princess cruises and not P and O. The company felt that somebody could be doing their first/second Princess cruise and quality for the above awards having only done P and O cruises. However,the P and O cruises would still qualify for immediate inclusion into Elite status after their first Princess cruise.

I hope that Royal doesn't follow this lead. We just hit diamond, like Celebrity much more and are anxious to use perks on Celebrity. I do understand why they have done this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

??? Your points earned on Royal Caribbean don't carry over to Celebrity. You start at zero when you sail Celebrity, regardless of status in RCIs Crown and Anchor. However, they fo offer reciprocal status up to Diamond/Elite. So, you'll be recognized immediately as Elite on Celebrity if Diamond on RCI, but your Celebrity points will be zero. You'd still need to earn 751 points to make it to Elite+....

??? Your points earned on Royal Caribbean don't carry over to Celebrity. You start at zero when you sail Celebrity, regardless of status in RCIs Crown and Anchor. However, they fo offer reciprocal status up to Diamond/Elite. So, you'll be recognized immediately as Elite on Celebrity if Diamond on RCI, but your Celebrity points will be zero. You'd still need to earn 751 points to make it to Elite+....

Correct. We have 90 nights on RCL, but only 34 on Celebrity. Reciprocal is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Crown at moment and the qualification for for MTP awards has changed. Circle host explained that the the 1st, 2nd and 3rd awards and the Luncheon/ Cocktail party for the 40 MTP wil now only count for days earned with Princess cruises and not P and O. The company felt that somebody could be doing their first/second Princess cruise and quality for the above awards having only done P and O cruises. However,the P and O cruises would still qualify for immediate inclusion into Elite status after their first Princess cruise.

I think that's a good change and that the MTP event & top 3 should be determined by days sailed on Princess only.

That will be interesting. We have over 100 cruises and going back through the "Cruise History", I see only 10 or so that are listed as P&O. Then I look at the cruise line and see Princess cruises with ships being listed as that part of P&O i.e Canberra and Aurora? I actually have a cruise listed under Princess cruises back before Princess was a player. I do not know how the Sitmar cruise or two are listed?

I really don't need to worry about it. Not only are all of our cruises on Princess ships but we will never be the most traveled passengers so we are totally safe. ;p

... I do not know how the Sitmar cruise or two are listed?

Somewhere along the way Sitmar was folded into Princess. We also now have Princess credit for several Sitmar cruises back in the 80's

I can understand why they've done this. It must be quite galling to have done all your cruises on Princess and not get invited to the MTP lunch because of passengers who 've done a load of P&O cruises. I've been to Elite and Platinum parties where there were people on their first Princess cruise. I'm surprised they still let this one-sided arrangement continue.

That's great news. Let them earn their way on Princess ships to the most traveled functions like the rest of us have.

That's great news. Let them earn their way on Princess ships to the most traveled functions like the rest of us have.

Agreed! We're the ones who have demonstrated our loyalty to Princess and should be the ones who are being recognized, and even rewarded occasionally, for doing so.

I think the linkage with P&O goes back to the days pre the Carnival merger when P&O Princess Cruises PLC was registered as a UK listed company in 2000.

We initially sailed with P&O and the association with Princess helped us make the transition for which we have never looked back.

I do agree that the MTP should be for Princess cruises only however.

I think that's a good change and that the MTP event & top 3 should be determined by days sailed on Princess only.

+1

I knew they got credits for Princess status, but didn't even realize that P&O credits were going towards MTP too .. Glad they fixed it now

Srpilo

Just off the Crown and the new policy re Most Travelled Passengers seem to be well received. No adverse comments at the CC Party and the CC host said that most members welcomed the change.

Incidentally, anyone travelling on Crown Princess in the next couple of months, will meet Barbara the CC host, who was such a lovely lady and made our cruise so very special. A credit to the Company. Thank you.;p:cool:

I really don't need to worry about it. Not only are all of our cruises on Princess ships but we will never be the most traveled passengers so we are totally safe. ;p

Never say never, Thrak! We were #8 and #9 on a 7 day Alaska cruise we booked with our kids and Grands last year. With your two long upcoming cruises, you never know when you might be MTP.

Cheers, Denise

Never say never, Thrak! We were #8 and #9 on a 7 day Alaska cruise we booked with our kids and Grands last year. With your two long upcoming cruises, you never know when you might be MTP.

Cheers, Denise

We've had the same experiences in Alaska & shortly after reaching the elite level we were #7 and even some platinum passengers were invited to the MTP cocktail party.

Since then we've been invited on each Alaskan cruise probably because there are so many new Princess passengers sailing there. However all of them were cocktail parties & we didn't get invited to the lunch on our longer cruises. The Captain's Circle rep would politely chuckle when asking if we made the cutoff. Finally after over a year of cruise days we barely qualified for the lunch on a longer cruise.

On very popular itineraries that aren't often available such as the yearly 49 day SA cruise, the number of qualifying days will be quite high because of its popularity with well traveled passengers. But never say never...but maybe highly unlikely. ;)

We've had the same experiences in Alaska & shortly after reaching the elite level we were #7 and even some platinum passengers were invited to the MTP cocktail party.

Since then we've been invited on each Alaskan cruise probably because there are so many new Princess passengers sailing there. However all of them were cocktail parties & we didn't get invited to the lunch on our longer cruises. The Captain's Circle rep would politely chuckle when asking if we made the cutoff. Finally after over a year of cruise days we barely qualified for the lunch on a longer cruise.

On very popular itineraries that aren't often available such as the yearly 49 day SA cruise, the number of qualifying days will be quite high because of its popularity with well traveled passengers. But never say never...but maybe highly unlikely. ;)

For some reason the Alaskan cruises don't seem to attract the higher numbered Elite cruisers as much. You stand a much better chance for the MTP.

For some reason the Alaskan cruises don't seem to attract the higher numbered Elite cruisers as much. You stand a much better chance for the MTP.

Princess has a good reputation & itineraries in Alaska that attract many new Princess passengers. When we were #7 the #3 passenger had only 270 days which probably doesn't happen very often now.

On our most recent Alaska cruises the top 3 passengers were in the 1,000 to 1,500 day range & they were doing several B2B cruises to get away from the summertime heat at their desert homes. But as you said it definitely has increased the odds of us being invited to a MTP event.

For us a MTP invitation is a nice bonus but sailing as often as possible is our ultimate goal. :D