re meat pies

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

Bit shy on Meat Pie reviews lately.  When I hit the road to Qld on 21/12, I will endeavour to find a pie or two to report on. Doubt they will be be GF though. Just take a photo.

Heatherbrae pies near Raymond Terrace do a Gluten free

32 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Okay how did I do with this.

1956582873_pieandmash.thumb.jpg.51b50d265253149f48dd63f92024d772.jpg

Steak and mushroom pie, mash potato with mushroom gravy and sweetlet peas (not mushy Uncle Les)

Looks a quality meal, Lyle. Sweetlet peas, not heard of those, like our baby peas probably. Good to see the meat pie thread alive again. Will it ever end?

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think it is a "Green Giant" name brand. They are indeed the sweet baby peas, they are the only frozen peas I will buy.

Same Lyle, you can buy minted ones too, although I often just put chopped fresh mint with them. Lubbly jubbly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think it is a "Green Giant" name brand. They are indeed the sweet baby peas, they are the only frozen peas I will buy.

Meal looks yummy.  Agree baby frozen peas are the best.  When I visit Tasmania, I buy fresh peas and eat from the pod, one for me, one for the pot. 

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

When I was growing up we had a vegetable garden and always had peas. I always liked shucking the baby peas, after a while the peas got too old and the pods were hard to shuck and the peas didn't taste like it was worth the work. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Back to serious issues, he olde pie maker got a work out with some leftovers tonight,

basically quiche for Mrs Gut and Eggs Benny for ye old Gutster, yummy to both.

Onya gut, sounds great, good to turbo charge the  pie thread.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I had numerous pies (4) yesterday, along with sausage rolls (3) as well.

Party pack.

Sargents Party Pack 36 pack | Woolworths

The little ones, you could eat the whole pack Mic, 18 of each, jubbly. You would need this though..

504181843_th(1).jpg.939edba9650725299a26f3f799b79d66.jpg

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

The only negative during my dive to Brissie and back was skipping Fredo's pie shop at Frederickton.☹️ Maybe next time.

Yeah the bye pass misses it unless you take the old road, wonder what that has done for business, likewise they had a store at East Maitland for a short while that flopped, I don’t think people connected them as being the same mob.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I had numerous pies (4) yesterday, along with sausage rolls (3) as well.

Party pack.

Sargents Party Pack 36 pack | Woolworths

We’ve been buying the Patties one’s Mrs G likes the Vegetarian Rolls, says they aren’t as good as the Linda McCartney version but better bang for the buck.

I bought one of these the other day, tip your Watties Tomato sauce in it. They had them in a curio shop in Mogo, near me.  Our Kiwi members might enlighten us, this is a popular household item in NZ? 

Tomato Sauce Bottle with label.jpg