re meat pies

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Did @go fish 44get a pie do we know?

Well since he posted on 25.8.17, I would have thought he/she would have procured at least a Mrs Macs or Garlos or Harry's in Sydney, he/she never got back to us. Perhaps he bought one but did not like it.

download.jpg.68b68e2b6e8a4644a245adee262633c0.jpg

22 hours ago, lyndarra said:

The only negative during my dive to Brissie and back was skipping Fredo's pie shop at Frederickton.☹️ Maybe next time.

One would think Fredos would put their products in the servos along the Pacific Hwy, maybe commissions too big for them. The servos probably stock Mrs Macs or Vilis, something like that.

1734713787_th(1).jpg.0f8719994b61b2a1b647b34c912b4994.jpg

Wanting a pie yesterday for lunch.

Go to bakery is moving, so has not been open for some weeks.

Cafe which makes very nice, but pricey, ones is closed for a holiday.

So, tried a new patisserie in town.  Lovely pastry, filling left a bit to be desired. For the price, not returning.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

One would think Fredos would put their products in the servos along the Pacific Hwy, maybe commissions too big for them. The servos probably stock Mrs Macs or Vilis, something like that.

1734713787_th(1).jpg.0f8719994b61b2a1b647b34c912b4994.jpg

Fredo's pies are fresh from the oven. Years ago tried a servo Mrs Macs once and never had one since. Would a servo stock a freshly baked chunky lamb and mint? Not likely. In the past I've ducked off the M1 to go into Frederickton and grab some pies to take home but this time I was testing the drive time from home to Qld in general, Brisbane in particular. Once was a time when we would go to Qld Sunshine Coast via the New England H'way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Fredo's pies are fresh from the oven. Years ago tried a servo Mrs Macs once and never had one since. Would a servo stock a freshly baked chunky lamb and mint? Not likely. In the past I've ducked off the M1 to go into Frederickton and grab some pies to take home but this time I was testing the drive time from home to Qld in general, Brisbane in particular. Once was a time when we would go to Qld Sunshine Coast via the New England H'way.

Pre Coeliac days, 70's, 80's and 90's we drove to Qld twice annually to see my mother, brother and sister, always a stop at Fredos,@  Frederickton.   Small bakery, but they packed the travellers in, they were good too from memory.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

So, tried a new patisserie in town.  Lovely pastry, filling left a bit to be desired. For the price, not returning.

You are on a pie hunting mission then Adrian, go forth and seek young man.

8 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Remember the first time I drove home from the Gold Coast to Toronto, back in 81, after out Honeymoon, we both caught the wog and just wanted to get home, took 13 hours, last time I did it took about 8 1/2

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Pre Coeliac days, 70's, 80's and 90's we drove to Qld twice annually to see my mother, brother and sister, always a stop at Fredos,@  Frederickton.   Small bakery, but they packed the travellers in, they were good too from memory.

Been a year or two since I stopped, but still great tucker last time.

11 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I still tend to go up one back the other, New England, and Pacific Hwys just breaks it up a bit and let’s you stop at some small places you haven’t visited before, or in ages.

49 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I feel the disappointment. Last week I was at the markets hoping to get pies from a particular stall. He makes these delicious gourmet pies😋 but unfortunately the seller wasn't there 😔

14 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I feel the disappointment. Last week I was at the markets hoping to get pies from a particular stall. He makes these delicious gourmet pies😋 but unfortunately the seller wasn't there 😔

Understand your disappointment that your pie seller wasn't there.  It is that time of year.  I just googled a favourite local church cafe to discover it won't be reopening until 27th January.  Then I realised the staff are volunteers.  

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I bought one of these the other day, tip your Watties Tomato sauce in it. They had them in a curio shop in Mogo, near me.  Our Kiwi members might enlighten us, this is a popular household item in NZ? 

Tomato Sauce Bottle with label.jpg

Very retro! They were very popular around the 1960's or maybe even earlier. Tomato sauce didn't come in squeezy bottles back then, just glass bottles, so the sauce tomatoes were great for kids to use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I still tend to go up one back the other, New England, and Pacific Hwys just breaks it up a bit and let’s you stop at some small places you haven’t visited before, or in ages.

Ditto, up one way back the other.

57 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Very retro! They were very popular around the 1960's or maybe even earlier. Tomato sauce didn't come in squeezy bottles back then, just glass bottles, so the sauce tomatoes were great for kids to use.

Guess where these ones are made...China of course. $7.95

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Happy New Year, let us hope for many delicious meat pies his year.

An excellent thought Mic, Lynn and I are actually enjoying our final meat pies of 2020 as I write this post. Chicken and Veggie for her and Steak & Mushroom for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

An excellent thought Mic, Lynn and I are actually enjoying our final meat pies of 2020 as I write this post. Chicken and Veggie for her and Steak & Mushroom for me.

Cheers, a great way to herald in the new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Haven’t had a pie, all year.

Did just share a Vanilla slice with Maxy though.

How sad, two days in to 2021, here you go old son...one for you and one for fur baby Maxxy.

primary.jpg.2dbd24ce7e4640230846e1a331624924.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

How sad, two days in to 2021, here you go old son...one for you and one for fur baby Maxxy.

primary.jpg.2dbd24ce7e4640230846e1a331624924.jpg

Yum, potato pie has been a long time favourite of mine. Maxy prefers sweet things or chicken. Never known a dog with such a sweet tooth, but the breed is susceptible to pancreatitis so we need to limit his sweet intake.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yum, potato pie has been a long time favourite of mine. Maxy prefers sweet things or chicken. Never known a dog with such a sweet tooth, but the breed is susceptible to pancreatitis so we need to limit his sweet intake.

You should never give any dog sweet things Mr Gut. Chocolate is also a killer. Bit of potato pie won't hurt, no sauce though. Free consultation from my Veterinarian grand daughter,😆 who like any recent uni graduate knows it all. But she is right.

Edited by NSWP