re meat pies

I love lamb, have lamb chops, lamb steaks or un crumbled cutlets once a week, got plenty of mint growing, saw the ad, rather funny. I normally get 4 chops or cutlets for a feed, bottle of shiraz of course.

Edited by NSWP

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I love lamb, have lamb chops, lamb steaks or un crumbled cutlets once a week, got plenty of mint growing, saw the ad, rather funny. I normally get 4 chops or cutlets for a feed, bottle of shiraz of course.

And left over lamb in a pie.

The Wangi Rissole was doing a great feed of crumbed lamb cutlets, choice of 2 or 3 with verges or salad, silly girl asked if I wanted the small or large “Now do I look like someone who orders small?” No more questions asked.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I wish some ships would offer up that type of grub from time to time.

Mum use to do marinated ( in red wine ) lamb backstraps...

they were always called Lamb's Tails at home

God they were good   

( I think dad liked them so much   ...because a second bottle of red would come out of the cellar )

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly

11 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

And left over lamb in a pie.

The Wangi Rissole was doing a great feed of crumbed lamb cutlets, choice of 2 or 3 with verges or salad, silly girl asked if I wanted the small or large “Now do I look like someone who orders small?” No more questions asked.

On my road trips around Country Nsw the clubs and pubs and cafes have small and large portions, like you, has to be big. I am doing another 3 night roadie this weekend to Cootamundra, looking around, hope i snap a mixed grill, with a couple of lamb cutlets or chops thrown in.

833531862_th(1).jpg.e9e95f5c6ac62c40ddd17364aabfaa36.jpg

Edited by NSWP

16 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I wish some ships would offer up that type of grub from time to time.

Princess now and then had lamb cutlets or chops or lamb roast, but not often. Time for dinner, buenos noches, senors, senoras, senoritas.

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

On my road trips around Country Nsw the clubs and pubs and cafes have small and large portions, like you, has to be big. I am doing another 3 night roadie this weekend to Cootamundra, looking around, hope i snap a mixed grill, with a couple of lamb cutlets or chops thrown in.

833531862_th(1).jpg.e9e95f5c6ac62c40ddd17364aabfaa36.jpg

I wish more food places would offer small and large portions Les. I find most serves are too big for me so would appreciate a smaller serve if I wanted it. 

Leigh

• Like 1

Roast lamb was always a treat at our house. My mum, of course, made the best in WA.

Then left overs for sandwiches, or mixed with the veggies and gravey on toast, or what past for lamb curry.

We were lucky with relatives and friends who had farms, so often got lovely fresh beast.

Edited by Docker123

33 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Roast lamb was always a treat at our house. My mum, of course, made the best in WA.

Then left overs for sandwiches, or mixed with the veggies and gravey on toast, or what past for lamb curry.

We were lucky with relatives and friends who had farms, so often got lovely fresh beast.

My mum evidently didn't have a clue about cooking as a new bride, my dad always says she didn't know how to boil water when they married. But it didn't take long for her to learn to cook wonderful meals. Roasts, casseroles, stews, cakes, sponges, pavs etc were her specialties.  We also had fabulous meat as my grandfather was a butcher and owned two butcher's shops.  My brother has now taken over the cooking under Mum's supervision.

Leigh

15 hours ago, possum52 said:

I wish more food places would offer small and large portions Les. I find most serves are too big for me so would appreciate a smaller serve if I wanted it. 

Leigh

Have you been to the USA Leigh? Share a meal job, BIG servings, even for a gutster like me.

Anyway for example...our local RSL, called the Bay Soldiers Club, huge club, get a small roast (Seniors) Dinner for $10, like 2 spuds and two slices of meat, plus the veggies. OR the large size roast 3 spuds and 3 slices of meat for $13. (Lunch time prices.)

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Have you been to the USA Leigh? Share a meal job, BIG servings, even for a gutster like me.

Anyway for example...our local RSL, called the Bay Soldiers Club, huge club, get a small roast (Seniors) Dinner for $10, like 2 spuds and two slices of meat, plus the veggies. OR the large size roast 3 spuds and 3 slices of meat for $13. (Lunch time prices.)

No Les, I haven’t been to the US, don’t really have any interest in going.  The RSLs here usually have Seniors meals and some pubs do but not all. Depending on what I want to eat, I might order a Seniors meal. But sometimes I want something that is not on the Seniors menu, so will order a full sized meal and then can’t eat it all. 

Leigh

32 minutes ago, possum52 said:

No Les, I haven’t been to the US, don’t really have any interest in going.  The RSLs here usually have Seniors meals and some pubs do but not all. Depending on what I want to eat, I might order a Seniors meal. But sometimes I want something that is not on the Seniors menu, so will order a full sized meal and then can’t eat it all. 

Leigh

The USA is great, so much to see, but not right now.  Seniors meals are ok, but as you say, limited choice. I like chips but some eateries half fill your plate with them.

ca55471616a95e29fda56511e9bcb2c7.jpg.1a4b1025876ebd481ef2b2ee2369e03f.jpg

Edited by NSWP

40 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

We went to one Italian restaurant in New York that had ridiculous portion sizes. They claimed they served 2-3 people so we ordered one appetiser and one main between us. Each would have served 4-5 people. Not a good place to go to as a couple but good for big family groups. Even families of six were leaving large amounts uneaten. What a waste!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We went to one Italian restaurant in New York that had ridiculous portion sizes. They claimed they served 2-3 people so we ordered one appetiser and one main between us. Each would have served 4-5 people. Not a good place to go to as a couple but good for big family groups. Even families of six were leaving large amounts uneaten. What a waste!

First time at a fast food burger restaurant in the USA ordered a meal package. What they call a small drink was larger than Australian large size 😱. I thought they made a mistake told them I ordered the small meal the woman behind the counter said that is the small meal 😂. Food trucks I loved their portions were perfect for me otherwise at restaurants I was always asking if I could doggy bag the leftovers which no one ever objected to so I assume it is a pretty common request😁

• Thanks 1

One time we had a week in San Francisco post cruise, we stayed at the Marines Memorial Club Hotel downtown. Great hotel, art deco, which is frequented by many US Servicemen and families.  We had dinner there a few nights, well, the bowls of veggies they brought out would have served 6 people, love their creamed spinach and like about half a dozen jacket potatoes for two people.  The steaks were all about 600g and great. Just too much. I could see the Marines staying there left nothing on their plates lol.  Free happy hour, drinks and great snacks, if you have served in any defence force of one of America's allies, then you can stay there.

Yes folks, everything is big in America.

download (2).jpg

130823731.jpg

Edited by NSWP

I think Americans love anything Big... like cars, and burgers   ( don't mind the big cars )

I think on Princess they serve a 22oz steak....   I remember one of my work colleagues, order a pounder at McDonald... a quarter pounder  with a mid bun and Four Meat Patties 

Don