re meat pies

8 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

They were scrumptious, Marion.  Very filling, though.  Just as well we skipped lunch after Cornish hen’ breakfast eggs🤪

No full English Linda? Heavy rain and 9c here, colder than Cornwall, lol.

brekkie.thumb.jpg.3ae929c9b96e9194747435e5e8affdce.jpg

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

No full English Linda? Heavy rain and 9c here, colder than Cornwall, lol.

brekkie.thumb.jpg.3ae929c9b96e9194747435e5e8affdce.jpg

Not that English, Les😂, but very generous all the same.  9c is ridiculous for Batehaven in October.  Rug up well.  It’s raining here in padstow this morning too, but average days are about 18c.  Our first rainy day, so no complaints.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2022 at 11:00 AM, MMDown Under said:

Sorry to hear you have shoulder damage from your cycle accident.  Have you had an x-ray to see if there is permanent damage?

The aching was getting to me so this morning I went to the doc. Was sent to radiologist for an ultra sound. They weren't particularly happy with it so contacted my GP to issue referral for an x-ray. I go back to GP on Friday for results.

I'll fill in tomorrow with a trip down to Avalon to pick up a guitar I bought off Ebay while I was away. Looking forward to that.

coronet.jpg

Edited by lyndarra
typo

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

The aching was getting to me so this morning I went to the doc. Was sent to radiologist for an ultra sound. They weren't particularly happy with it so contacted my GP to issue referral for an x-ray. I go back to GP on Friday for results.

I'll fill in tomorrow with a trip down to Avalon to pick up a guitar I bought off Ebay while I was away. Looking forward to that.

coronet.jpg

Nice to have something beautiful to look forward to, whilst you wait for the results of your medical appointments.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lyndarra said:

coronet.jpg

What a stunning instrument.  It should keep you entranced and your mind off ghe wait.  Hope all is well with the shoulder.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

D71F72ED-545F-4DBE-A05D-0B8372629B83.jpeg

Cornish Pastie looks like it should look., absolutely delicious.    ? the Malt Vinegar and Tomato Ketchup though.  Do they put vinegar on pies.  I knew they put it on chips.  I thought they used Tomato Sauce. 

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Cornish Pastie looks like it should look., absolutely delicious.    ? the Malt Vinegar and Tomato Ketchup though.  Do they put vinegar on pies.  I knew they put it on chips.  I thought they used Tomato Sauce. 

Just got the Lands End!  Did you go to The Minack Theatre, an open air theatre, there?

7 hours ago, lyndarra said:

coronet.jpg

What is it?

58 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

😂. They were on the table

55 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Just got the Lands End!  Did you go to The Minack Theatre, an open air theatre, there?

No.  Believe me, the gusting Atlantic gale could have blown us all the way home.  Definitely no open-air theatre.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Might sell chips too.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

What is it?

It was listed as a Japanese made (MIJ) Coronet however I have since done some research and found it to be (about) a 1968 Silvertone 1445 Mosrite. It was not unusual for a maker, in this case Teisco, to make guitars for other brands. In this case the Silvertone version (made by Teisco) was sold through Sears stores in the US but as Coronet in Australia. Teiesco was taken over by Kawai (keyboard makers) at about that time - 1968/69 IIRC.

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

It was listed as a Japanese made (MIJ) Coronet however I have since done some research and found it to be (about) a 1968 Silvertone 1445 Mosrite. It was not unusual for a maker, in this case Teisco, to make guitars for other brands. In this case the Silvertone version (made by Teisco) was sold through Sears stores in the US but as Coronet in Australia. Teiesco was taken over by Kawai (keyboard makers) at about that time - 1968/69 IIRC.

Interesting not one I’ve heard of before. Got a mate in the US, one of his jobs (he has a few) is setting guitars for bands after they have been banged about in transit, adjusting the neck, bridge nut, tuning etc. he has some great stories about gear he has worked on and artists he has worked for.

one of his favourite stories is setting for someone (he often has no idea who it is for, can easily find out but doesn’t bother) starts playing a few Riffs, hears someone behind him setting up the drums, not unusual, drummer starts playing along with him, cool he thinks. Till they finish and he sees who was setting the drums, yep he was jamming with Ringo.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Malt Vinegar on chips, ketchup or Brown Sauce (HP etc) on pies and pasties, etc.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Malt Vinegar on chips, ketchup or Brown Sauce (HP etc) on pies and pasties, etc.

I don’t mind Tom sauce and vinegar together on chips. Dad loves Worcestershire sauce mixed with Tom sauce on his pie. A truck spot we use$ to stop at a lot had it premixed in little containers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I don’t mind Tom sauce and vinegar together on chips. Dad loves Worcestershire sauce mixed with Tom sauce on his pie. A truck spot we use$ to stop at a lot had it premixed in little containers.

Now that is a new one on me!