re meat pies

Just now, MMDown Under said:

You wouldn't make a profit on that as you are too generous. 

I had a brekkie almost like that every morning on Coral Princess recently, either in Horizon Court buffet or Bordeaux MDR. Lubbly Jubbly.  I would have to charge $25 for the brekkie in the pic.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I had a brekkie almost like that every morning on Coral Princess recently, either in Horizon Court buffet or Bordeaux MDR. Lubbly Jubbly.  I would have to charge $25 for the brekkie in the pic.

Sounds wonderful,  Breakfast is my favourite meal so our family always goes out at all the resort hotels for breakfast.  I still smile when I think of my younger daughter taking all the passionfruit which were decoration!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sounds wonderful,  Breakfast is my favourite meal so our family always goes out at all the resort hotels for breakfast.  I still smile when I think of my younger daughter taking all the passionfruit which were decoration!

I often skip lunch when I have the big brekkie, even on the ships, I avoid the deck 14 button, lol.

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I can do better than that..The Full English, lol.

20121432_1498366156869106_6543050952178438338_o.thumb.jpg.bf457ca3db0ecff3cc55c435c3e3c669.jpg

That is a lot like the B52 at spitfire as you know Les. No beans on a B52 but there is streaky bacon and ham as well as 2 really good snags. I think it is still under $20.00, I'll probably find out tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

No pancakes or donuts with that breakkie, seems lacking.

What about some black pudding then, Mic? Or even some Bubble and squeak.?

Edited by NSWP

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

No pancakes or donuts with that breakkie, seems lacking.

When we first travelled in the US as a young family, we used to put the pancakes and maple syrup  on another plate, as it seemed like a sweet desert for us.  And don't talk to me about cheap US motels which provided free donut breakfasts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

Been raining for a week, heaps of water around. Batehaven bakery will run out of 🥧, still a lot of people down here. Crazy that several cafes and restaurants are closing Monday, dont want to pay penalty rates. They will lose a lot of business.

Canberra public hols should be big trading days, wouldn’t you think?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

Or even some Bubble and squeak.?

Aaah, that brings back memories. Even though I was a Brit in a previous life, I don't do mushy peas, brown sauce or curry sauce, but I did like bubble and squeak and haven't had it since a kid 😋

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jean C said:

Aaah, that brings back memories. Even though I was a Brit in a previous life, I don't do mushy peas, brown sauce or curry sauce, but I did like bubble and squeak and haven't had it since a kid 😋

Easy to make, Brits used to use left over Veg, I use potato, cabbage, onion, bacon, big fry up.  The Londoners call it 'Bubble.'  HP Sauce (now made in The Netherlands) on the side.

• Like 2

After six weeks away I'm back and longing for a pie and some bacon. Why bacon? The final week of my tour was in Morocco, a Muslim country, so no bacon or any pork product at brekky. Will have to restock the the fridge, freezer and pantry. Aldi visit coming soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

After six weeks away I'm back and longing for a pie and some bacon. Why bacon? The final week of my tour was in Morocco, a Muslim country, so no bacon or any pork product at brekky. Will have to restock the the fridge, freezer and pantry. Aldi visit coming soon.

Welcome back, enjoy a steak, bacon and cheese pie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Did you enjoy Morocco?

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Indeed, they deprive themselves of many wonderful things. They do however make up for it with things like shawarma, lamb and goat.

I'm glad you made it home safely. I hope you have healed from your bicycle crash, and now you can get some foiling in before your next adventure.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Indeed, they deprive themselves of many wonderful things. They do however make up for it with things like shawarma, lamb and goat.

I'm glad you made it home safely. I hope you have healed from your bicycle crash, and now you can get some foiling in before your next adventure.

Thanks Lyle. The abrasions have all but healed however I have an underlying issue with my right shoulder which has apparently suffered some impact damage and is still quite sore. Found it difficult to do the hands over the head for airport x-ray machine. Started aching when I was putting washing out yesterday so I need to keep my arm below shoulder level.

48 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I do like Moroccan flavours. Had a few Tajine meals which I really enjoyed but for some untintended reason didn't have any cous-cous but I've had that before. I couldn't understand why some (quite a few actually) members of our tour group would order pizza or pasta when having lunch or dinner in a restaurant. Heck, you don't go to Morocco for pizza, you can have pizza anytime at home.

Some years ago there was a show here on TV called "Burke's Backyard" where they did a Moroccan dish. It was a boned out lamb shoulder, a cheap cut at the time, slow cooked using Moroccan spices. You could write to the TV show for the recipe - pre internet message days. We got the recipe and tried it it- it was delicious. For weeks after that show aired it was almost impossible to buy a lamb shoulder!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I do like Moroccan flavours. Had a few Tajine meals which I really enjoyed but for some untintended reason didn't have any cous-cous but I've had that before. I couldn't understand why some (quite a few actually) members of our tour group would order pizza or pasta when having lunch or dinner in a restaurant. Heck, you don't go to Morocco for pizza, you can have pizza anytime at home.

Some years ago there was a show here on TV called "Burke's Backyard" where they did a Moroccan dish. It was a boned out lamb shoulder, a cheap cut at the time, slow cooked using Moroccan spices. You could write to the TV show for the recipe - pre internet message days. We got the recipe and tried it it- it was delicious. For weeks after that show aired it was almost impossible to buy a lamb shoulder!

Eating Tajine meals in Morocco must have been special.  I can't understand it either.  I always eat local food, even on flights, as it is the best.  When we went to Japan, we ate our first raw sushi at a bar in a fish market, whist our young daughters paid extra over the road for spaghetti.  

It is funny that cheap cuts like shoulder and shanks got expensive once they got fashionable.  We lived well on cheap cuts of meat like hogged, brains, tripe, ox tail, corned meat, etc.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Thanks Lyle. The abrasions have all but healed however I have an underlying issue with my right shoulder which has apparently suffered some impact damage and is still quite sore. Found it difficult to do the hands over the head for airport x-ray machine. Started aching when I was putting washing out yesterday so I need to keep my arm below shoulder level.

Sorry to hear you have shoulder damage from your cycle accident.  Have you had an x-ray to see if there is permanent damage?

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Did you enjoy Morocco?

Except for the food (which I was looking forward to) I found Morocco a little disappointing. I think there's quite a bit of myth and exotic inference/legend as portrayed in movies and the 60s culture. generally the average Moroccon is poor and life has not changed (improved?)  a lot for them over the years but change is slowly happening. I did learn about Moroccan culture and Berber history. The big cities seem to be getting all the attention but there is now a lot of emphasis on affordable social housing. The worst thing about the place was the amount of rubbish, particularly plastic, everywhere. At one point, while on a motorway on our bus, we passed a poor housing estate(?) which had a fence seperating it from the motorway. It would seem there was no garbage service for the area as rubbish was just thrown over the fence forming large piles and being scattered by the wind. Even far out in the countryside there was plastic hanging in trees and and caught on fences. So sad to see.

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Eating Tajine meals in Morocco must have been special.  I can't understand it either.  I always eat local food, even on flights, as it is the best.  When we went to Japan, we ate our first raw sushi at a bar in a fish market, whist our young daughters paid extra over the road for spaghetti.  

It is funny that cheap cuts like shoulder and shanks got expensive once they got fashionable.  We lived well on cheap cuts of meat like hogged, brains, tripe, ox tail, corned meat, etc.

My wife and I also had that experience in Japan a few years ago with a high school group tour although we were surprised at the amount of deep fried Japanese food.

Sometimes things just show up on you tube and one video shoed them preparing shawarma in Uzbekistan. It was fascinating, almost enough for me to want to go there. Then I thought better of it. I am definitely a timid traveler, I tend to stay away from places that will erupt in violence at a moments notice.

• Like 1

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

Sometimes things just show up on you tube and one video shoed them preparing shawarma in Uzbekistan. It was fascinating, almost enough for me to want to go there. Then I thought better of it. I am definitely a timid traveler, I tend to stay away from places that will erupt in violence at a moments notice.

I wish I wasn't a timid traveller, but I am.  "Stans are off my to do list!"

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

I wish I wasn't a timid traveller, but I am.  "Stans are off my to do list!"

We have a few places we would like to go. "Stans" are not on my list either. Hopefully we can travel more after I retire, Lynn is retiring at the end of the month. I have 2 years to go. We have a cruise next summer on the East coast, then we hope to get to OZ. I think a northern Europe cruise with some extra time in Finland (Lynn has a cousin there). I know Lynn wants to go back to the UK, she spent extended periods there when she was younger. I would like to see more of Europe as well. Of course much of these plans require a good price gotten for our house and being able to put some money away from that sale.

• Like 1