re meat pies

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Friday appears to be pie day in the buffet onboard Coral Princess today.

20220916_135352.thumb.jpg.c6f83a5d2d7f03882f38ab00e4832632.jpg

Above: the pie at the front is a very delicious seafood pie, the other was a spinach and feta pie which, although very nice, would have been better as a filo pastry triangle.

Below: one of these was chicken and leek, the other was beef and stout.

20220916_135807.thumb.jpg.d63fee141ed929dd82099bedb89106e5.jpg

These are nice looking pies.  Better looking than the Vilis pies at the Adelaide Show. 

On 9/16/2022 at 6:27 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Friday appears to be pie day in the buffet onboard Coral Princess today.

20220916_135352.thumb.jpg.c6f83a5d2d7f03882f38ab00e4832632.jpg

Above: the pie at the front is a very delicious seafood pie, the other was a spinach and feta pie which, although very nice, would have been better as a filo pastry triangle.

Below: one of these was chicken and leek, the other was beef and stout.

20220916_135807.thumb.jpg.d63fee141ed929dd82099bedb89106e5.jpg

Julie, the seafood pie looks and sounds delicious.  Thanks for posting these great photos.

We absolutely devoured the most delicious of Belgium's traditional fare for lunch in Gent today:  mussels, hot chips (fries for those on the eastern side of the Pacific) washed down with a refreshing cold ale.  Bliss on steroids😋

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mareblu said:

We absolutely devoured the most delicious of Belgium's traditional fare for lunch in Gent today:  mussels, hot chips (fries for those on the eastern side of the Pacific) washed down with a refreshing cold ale.  Bliss on steroids😋

Yum!  Did chips have mayonnaise on them?

On 6/18/2020 at 10:42 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

you have to have tomato sauce on your pie when you come to Australia, otherwise you won't experience the true nature of a Aussie meat pie.

---

Hi all,

For those of you who like a good tomato sauce on your meat pie (and perhaps sausage roll), could you please let me know your current favorite tomato sauce for your pie?

Lower Salt?

And regardless of your favorite, is there on the list below that you might recommend
(if looking for lower sodium items for just an 8 day visit 🤔:

https://www.choice.com.au/food-and-drink/groceries/sauces-and-dressings/buying-guides/tomato-sauce

(29 October 2019)

image.png.8133d3d93a4251bd1b047999b8accb4a.png

[We'll soon be in Sydney for 8 days (The Rocks), certainly sampling many meat pies on our visit.]

-- Thanks in advance for any of your responses!

---

48 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

---

Hi all,

For those of you who like a good tomato sauce on your meat pie (and perhaps sausage roll), could you please let me know your current favorite tomato sauce for your pie?

Lower Salt?

And regardless of your favorite, is there on the list below that you might recommend

https://www.choice.com.au/food-and-drink/groceries/sauces-and-dressings/buying-guides/tomato-sauce

(29 October 2019)

[We'll soon be in Sydney for 8 days (The Rocks), certainly sampling many meat pies on our visit.]

---

I am a fan of Rosella Tomato Sauce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

Hi all,

Lower Salt?

(29 October 2019)

---

I gather sodium is an issue for you. I believe this one is on the lower end for sodium, but is also awesome tomato sauce.

Pops

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I gather sodium is an issue for you. I believe this one is on the lower end for sodium, but is also awesome tomato sauce.

Pops

Pops has less than 1/2 the sodium of Berenberg. Not available everywhere, but it is readily available if you look for it.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mareblu said:

With mayo to dip the chips in I hope?

On 9/19/2022 at 6:20 PM, buchhalm said:

Four'n'Twenty pie brand is now Chinese owned.

Is nothing sacred? 🤬🥧

PAG now owns Patties (Four'n' Twenty) and while it has it's headquarters in Hong Kong it is not just Chinese owned, also Japaneese and German among others. It has offices in 9 other locations around the world including Sydney

I'd any large food company in Australia,  still Australian?