Camouflage

jackparts

Maybe I had better explain myself. By camouflage, I meant shorts that have patterns that are very similar to actual camouflage. Great to wear to and from beach. Sold at Sams club, very comfortable and inexpensive. Waist is very flexible which helps on the last days of the cruise.

If it walks like a camo and looks like a camo, it is a . . . camo.

How can something use a camouflage pattern and not be camouflage?

Don't bring any camo clothing to any of the Caribbean ports.

This.

I had a camo T-shirt that a friend had given me as a birthday present. It was covered with hands having fingers totaling my age, 55 fingers with a caption, "I am this many." I was asked if I was military when I disembarked in Cozumel. It is scary to believe that our military is comprised of middle aged, over-weight men, but evidently that is what they believe.

Maybe I had better explain myself. By camouflage, I meant shorts that have patterns that are very similar to actual camouflage. Great to wear to and from beach. Sold at Sams club, very comfortable and inexpensive. Waist is very flexible which helps on the last days of the cruise.

....and only available in that color scheme? If so, then I think you should pass on wearing them while out of the country on your cruise.

You will be a guest in another's country, not governed or protected by American laws, so it would be best to respect their regulations. Certainly there are other comfortable clothes options available that will not challenge this.

This.

I had a camo T-shirt that a friend had given me as a birthday present. It was covered with hands having fingers totaling my age, 55 fingers with a caption, "I am this many." I was asked if I was military when I disembarked in Cozumel. It is scary to believe that our military is comprised of middle aged, over-weight men, but evidently that is what they believe.

And leave the hod and trowel at home on your next visit. :D

Which part of Not allowed is confusing? Truly, you need more explanation? . Their rule applies to you and your shorts. :D And all other camo no matter where it was purchased or what c olor..

I guess you have other shorts that could serve the same purpose. Better not to wear them to avoid possible port problems.

Wow this is eye opening. Over a decade ago I wore a camouflage t-shirt in Mexico somewhere (not the Caribbean, I do understand), but I had no idea that would have been a problem anywhere.

In many countries camouflage is reserved for military wear. They don't want you mistaken for military when there.

A shipmate wearing camouflage shorts was told by crew when he was getting off the ship in Barbados to go change them. He was told gangs wear them and catch the eye of all the police. They would stop him and question him. He did go change them.

I didn't know about the other countries but we don't own anything camouflage, not hunters.

This is crazy!! Never would have thought the print was an issue...but it makes sense. This was a random board for me to read as I don't wear it. So glad I did as I would not have thought twice about packing my 3yr olds camo shorts for our October cruise. While not super fashion savy, they are very forgiving with a messy boy!! I guess there is never a bad question on CC. News to someone!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Why in heaven's name would you wear ANY kind of camo into a foreign port??? Obviously it's a red flag to various authorities - so just DON'T . See how simple that is???

Totally agree and a strange choice of clothing for a Caribbean cruise. More importantly the laws of a foreign country should be respected, you are a guest in their country.

This is crazy!! Never would have thought the print was an issue...but it makes sense. This was a random board for me to read as I don't wear it. So glad I did as I would not have thought twice about packing my 3yr olds camo shorts for our October cruise. While not super fashion savy, they are very forgiving with a messy boy!! I guess there is never a bad question on CC. News to someone!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I would think that it would not be a problem for a 3 year old child wearing camo shorts but what do I know.

DON