Camouflage

jackparts

I would think that it would not be a problem for a 3 year old child wearing camo shorts but what do I know.

DON

You are wrong. The US State Department even has a warning on the Barbados Country Information page (https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/barbados.html):

Also, be aware that it is against the law,
even for children,
to dress in camouflage clothing or carry items made with camouflage material.

Why in heaven's name would you wear ANY kind of camo into a foreign port??? Obviously it's a red flag to various authorities - so just DON'T . See how simple that is???

Why would you wear camo anywhere? It is hideous. :confused: Obviously it is well worth wearing in a combat/war/military zone and that is where it belongs, JMO.

Once one learns the law/regulation of a country they plan to visit, the only conversation that should follow is how they will respect and obey the law. Confirm you have been advised accurately and drop it. You do not have to approve of their law but you do ha ve to obey it and no one needs to defnd it to anyone.If you don't like it, stay on the ship and you can wear your military garb if you wish. Please don't come back her an complain if he three year child and shaperone/parents are ordered to go back and change the child's clothes, should you choose to ignore the law..

Edited by sail7seas

Once one learns the law/regulation of a country they plan to visit, the only conversation that should follow is how they will respect and obey the law. Confirm you have been advised accurately and drop it. You do not have to approve of their law but you do ha e to obey it and no one needs to defet it to anyone.If you don't like it, stay on the ship and you can wear your military garb if you wish. Please don't come back her an complain if he three year child and shaperone/parents are ordered to go back and change the child's clothes, should you choose to ignore the law..

Yes! This!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would you wear camo anywhere? It is hideous. :confused: Obviously it is well worth wearing in a combat/war/military zone and that is where it belongs, JMO.

It's the cool factor and fashion statement. Certain segment in our society really dig a man all decked out in camo and other bling.

It's the cool factor and fashion statement. Certain segment in our society really dig a man all decked out in camo and other bling.

More like a lack-of-fashion statement. Nothing cool about looking like that. It's on a par with gang-bangers wearing pants several sizes too big and drooping halfway down their butt. And, personally, I wouldn't want to spend time with anyone who "really digs" someone in camo. Their values are much different than mine.

I wear it to church and can't keep the choir away from me. On the other hand, wearing it in another country or culture could teach you something called, "RESPECT".

There is no need to RESPECT theirs laws. But is it MANDATORY to OBEY them.

And realize, that many countries are not innocent until proven guilty, they follow the Napoleonic code of guilty until proven innocent. You can be thrown into jail and held until your trial. Which could be in months.

OBEY their laws. Otherwise, you will likely pay the price.

• 6 months later...

You will be prevented from leaving the ship/pier area. Best case, your family or friends could stand around waiting for you to go back to the ship to change. Of course if you are on a tour, it will likely leave without you. No refund.

As an FYI, it is very popular in hunting areas. I have camo shorts and shoes and they are quite nice. I would never wear them on a cruise because I knew the rule. Point is they are not just for the military.

More like a lack-of-fashion statement. Nothing cool about looking like that. It's on a par with gang-bangers wearing pants several sizes too big and drooping halfway down their butt. And, personally, I wouldn't want to spend time with anyone who "really digs" someone in camo. Their values are much different than mine.

I guess you would call us deplorables, how rude.

Reminds me of the time this topic came up at dinner and one of our new table mates (a lady in her 50s) piped up and said 'but they didn't arrest me for my pink camo underwear did they?'. It ended the camo conversation as you can't really top that.

Now if they would ban socks and sandal wearing by those over 16 that would be great too. ;)

Unless you are fighting in Iraq or out in the woods attempting to shoot Bambi, don't wear the ugly crap.

Of course, if you are out in the woods in camouflage, you run the risk of someone else who is out to terminate Bambi taking you down.

But some people seem to think it is cool, or manly, or something.

Of course, if you are out in the woods in camouflage, you run the risk of someone else who is out to terminate Bambi taking you down.

But some people seem to think it is cool, or manly, or something.

How about some people think they just look nice. Each to his own.

Edited by dkjretired

Lots of people think lots of things -- but to think camouflage "just look nice"?

Which sort looks most "nice"? Arctic, jungle , desert - or even U S Navy blue and gray and black jumble working uniform?

Presumably Dior would be ok?