The "new" Platinum/Elite Cocktail Lounge

Nrknits

The "new" Platinum/Elite Cocktail Lounge - UGH! Just off the Grand and experienced this first hand. They are using the Elites as Guinea Pigs and are charging us more for the privilege. None of these drinks can be found on any other drink menu on the the ship, nor are they likely to be. Some very odd combos. Deep Sea Martini - Vodka, Curacao and Pineapple Juice, an odd green color. Cherry Blossom, uses strawberry puree and has a cherry in it. Ports Lemonade, port and Citron Vodka. The only ok one was Tito's Lemon Drop, Tito's and Citron with a spring of mint. We have been pretty faithful attendees of the Cocktail lounge and always enjoyed a discounted pre-dinner cocktail with a view, but this drink menu is not worth it, especially with the new pricing. The BOGO +$1 is a much better deal. It's a shame they think this is a benefit for their loyal passengers.

Thank you for the update. We will be on the Grand in two weeks. I bought DH the AIBP, he can tag along with me and my dad at the afternoon BOGO. Make sure you put your comments on the post cruise survey.

I can see a lot of 40% off bottles of wine in our future. ;) If we want to go to the Elite Lounge, I'll have DH buy a bottle and they can keep it behind the bar for us.

I like the Chairman of the Board - Also no longer a discount drink on our recent Alaska cruise on the Star. The nice thing about that cruise is given the low number of Platinum/Elite on that trip we enjoyed very relaxed and personal service.

We had this on the Crown Princess in July. I tried one of the drinks on the first night took one sip sent it back got my cosmo. Didn't try anything else. DH always drinks beer anyway. It is very disappointing that they have done this not sure why they would change something that worked so well. I hope Princess will change it back. I don't mind the price going up for the drinks as long as there is something I can drink. We did not see anyone drinking any of the new drinks in the 21 days we were on the Crown. We will be on the Regal over New Years, really hope they change the drink menu. If they don't we will not go, except the night they have the shrimp fountain DH really likes that.

Blechh!!! Makes me extra glad we have the AIBP on our next few cruises. None of those sound even vaguely interesting. I have to wonder who came up with the drinks and who thought it would be a good idea that would make folks happy. The old selection was fine.

Blechh!!! Makes me extra glad we have the AIBP on our next few cruises. None of those sound even vaguely interesting. I have to wonder who came up with the drinks and who thought it would be a good idea that would make folks happy. The old selection was fine.

The original price was fine too. ($2.99). :rolleyes:

We tried the lemon drop and the mojito on the Caribbean Princess last month. Both were pretty good. But I'm only allowed to have a taste of DH's drink due to one of my medications and not a whole one (or two) of my own like I used to have. The new price isn't that great a bargain.

Was suppose to be a nice perk. Not anymore.

When I started going was $3.99, the to $5.

That was fine had drinks you liked. Now even with raise

price might of gone but with these drinks. NO!

Think we all should go eat the food and not buy drinks.

You think they would get the idea. Maybe the waiters

would complain to them to because their not making tips.

Thrak,

I know who. It's the guys in the boiler room. You know the guys who make that great Champagne on Tuesday's in the boiler room for Princess. :D

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

One less event for us to attend! We've already given up with the "welcome back" cocktail hour with its warm doughballs and fruit punch with a splash of alcohol beverages. The last two times we did the repeaters event, we never got anything to absorb the alcohol and when we asked for an alternative drink, curtly refused our request. Princess, please give me a coupon for a free drink during the cruise.

The Elite/Platinum nightly event was something we enjoyed over the years, meeting others in a relaxed atmosphere, DH love the chairman and I love a good cosmo. The food offerings have been cut back; at one time shrimp tower was offered multiple times; when we did Panama Canal, it was only on the night most of the passengers were on the full day transit. On our 2-week Norway cruise, bar service was very, very slow and the assortment of foods was minimal - the salsa was more bitter onion than tomato, and corn chips were not on the table. Ever try scooping salsa with bread sticks? One night, I went to the Horizon Court Buffet, and brought a plate of nibbles to the Elite Lounge.

Guess we'll simply pre-order vodka and gin for our stateroom, and carry on our own mixers. Seems too many of us are moving up the repeater level, and to reward us, Princess is cutting cost.

Darcy

I am not understanding the direction Princess is taking either on this either.

I see the whole thing being phased out. It's a joke. :mad:

Could it be the effect of Millennials tastes? After all, it's us more "experienced" cruisers who are eventually getting "phased out". As far as Princess Cruises and Carnival Corp are concerned it is "evolve or die out".

One less event for us to attend! We've already given up with the "welcome back" cocktail hour with its warm doughballs and fruit punch with a splash of alcohol beverages. The last two times we did the repeaters event, we never got anything to absorb the alcohol and when we asked for an alternative drink, curtly refused our request. Princess, please give me a coupon for a free drink during the cruise.

Darcy

Wow! Last time we went I didn't want any of the "special" drinks on the tray. Neither did one of the guys sitting with us. We both ordered Gin & Tonic instead and they gladly supplied us with "real" drinks. Of course that was last June and Princess seems to be making a lot of weird changes.

Thank you for the update. We will be on the Grand in two weeks. I bought DH the AIBP, he can tag along with me and my dad at the afternoon BOGO. Make sure you put your comments on the post cruise survey.

I can see a lot of 40% off bottles of wine in our future. ;) If we want to go to the Elite Lounge, I'll have DH buy a bottle and they can keep it behind the bar for us.

Enjoy the 40% discount while it lasts because those purchasing it after 9/19 get a 25% discount but without a $100 cap. That might be better for passengers who buy wine exceeding that limit but that wouldn't include me. ;)

The new rules do not apply to passengers who previously got the AIBP included with their cruise fare but would affect any future offers that included a complimentary AIBP.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2545767

Enjoy the 40% discount while it lasts because those purchasing it after 9/19 get a 25% discount but without a $100 cap. That might be better for passengers who buy wine exceeding that limit but that wouldn't include me. ;)

The new rules do not apply to passengers who previously got the AIBP included with their cruise fare but would affect any future offers that included a complimentary AIBP.

It's clear from the fine print that the no longer available AIBP rules do not apply any more.

"Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 19, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply."

Seems the new program applies regardless of a previous purchase or not.

It's clear from the fine print that the no longer available AIBP rules do not apply any more.

"Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 19, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply."

Seems the new program applies regardless of a previous purchase or not.

Thanks for the clarification & my apologies for overlooking the fact that the new rules now apply to all AIBP no matter when or how it was purchased. :(

Thanks for the clarification & my apologies for overlooking the fact that the new rules now apply to all AIBP no matter when or how it was purchased. :(

Hey no apologies required. We are all human and read too fast at times or just make silly mistakes.

The (lounge) this was just a meeting place for me....I only drink wine and wine drinkers never got a break here, but these drinks that are offered are nothing that I have ever heard of! Just forget it!

Princess......look at Celebrity and learn the way to do a locality program. Princess used to be State of the art....now....everyone is elite. They can't continue unless they have another locality level.

OMG! I just finished reading the new AIBP restrictions. I guess Bruce is lucky that I bought his package for him last week. No way would I pay $68.99 per day. Thank goodness we have Sip and Sail on three of our upcoming cruises. I guess 25% off the wine is better than nothing.