Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

18 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I need to prod the Genie to get our block so that we can trade.  Once I have it we can meet.   Sorry to be so late in getting back to you.

No problem.  We can meet in the Suite Lounge when you have it.

On 12/2/2019 at 4:41 AM, island lady said:

I have never had to go get my blocks.  Once on Serenade, they were out of blocks and sent (not one...but two) to my house.  Always either shows up on the bed (cabin attendant) or is presented at the upper tier party.  

5 blocks and have never received one at the top tier party.  Even on Radiance this past July when there were very low numbers of d and above onboard.  

6 minutes ago, frank808 said:

5 blocks and have never received one at the top tier party.  Even on Radiance this past July when there were very low numbers of d and above onboard.  

We have only been presented 1 at the TTE and that was on Grandeur. 

14 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Yeah, it's a hit and miss for us.  I get a kick out of watching pax receive the block at the upper tier, plus the ship gives them a nice picture with the certificate.  I have several.  It's a nice memory. 

Now on big ships like Oasis class...oh no...have never received one at upper tier.  They always show up on the bed.  

Surprised about Radiance.  They usually go all out for award ceremonies.  Maybe because Robert is not on board as HD any longer?  He is a joy to sail with, and goes all out for upper tier pax.  🙂  Will miss him when we do Alaska again in August. 

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, it's a hit and miss for us.  I get a kick out of watching pax receive the block at the upper tier, plus the ship gives them a nice picture with the certificate.  I have several.  It's a nice memory. 

Now on big ships like Oasis class...oh no...have never received one at upper tier.  They always show up on the bed.  

Surprised about Radiance.  They usually go all out for award ceremonies.  Maybe because Robert is not on board as HD any longer?  He is a joy to sail with, and goes all out for upper tier pax.  🙂  Will miss him when we do Alaska again in August. 

Some ships will also present only one block at the top tier.  It is given to the highest point person earning a block.  Sometimes they also read the names of the others earning a block.  There no longer appears to be a standard way to present the blocks.

22 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Some ships will also present only one block at the top tier.  It is given to the highest point person earning a block.  Sometimes they also read the names of the others earning a block.  There no longer appears to be a standard way to present the blocks.

RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

Yippee !  We finally got our block.  We can meet any time today or tomorrow to trade our Oasis block for the Explorer block.  Thank you so much for your patience. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, twangster said:

Have extra:   Empress, Majesty, Vision

Looking for:  Grandeur, Rhapsody, Enchantment

Grandeur and Enchantment look alike😓

I may be able to get you a Grandeur 

Edited by John&LaLa

• 2 weeks later...

Question for those in the know! We will get our fourth block on Allure this fall over in Europe. I would prefer not to have to cart the heavy block home with me. Can I ask to just receive one six weeks later when we are on Oasis? To be honest, my other reason is that I already have an Allure block. Just wondering if there is any flexibility here. 

3 minutes ago, cello56 said:

Question for those in the know! We will get our fourth block on Allure this fall over in Europe. I would prefer not to have to cart the heavy block home with me. Can I ask to just receive one six weeks later when we are on Oasis? To be honest, my other reason is that I already have an Allure block. Just wondering if there is any flexibility here. 

There's no flexibility in getting a different block other than the one to which you are entitled.  However, you can ask them to have C&A ship the Allure block to you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 2:44 PM, Host Clarea said:

There's no flexibility in getting a different block other than the one to which you are entitled.  However, you can ask them to have C&A ship the Allure block to you. 

I was on Brilliance and earned my block on day 11 of a 15-night cruise.   When I inquired about it with the loyalty ambassador, I was told that the shore side had sent them a number of blocks for this cruise, and mine was not among them.  I would get it on my next cruise, Explorer.  I told him I didn't want an Explorer block -- I wanted one where I earned it.  One showed up in my stateroom the next day.  🍷 

• Like 1

On the Rhapsody now.  On Saturday received a block in my name.   On Sunday, we received another block in my and my wife's name.  As far as I'm aware our accounts have always been linked.

In any event, I'm willing to trade one of the Rhapsodys for a Serenade.

2 hours ago, KevinXC said:

On the Rhapsody now.  On Saturday received a block in my name.   On Sunday, we received another block in my and my wife's name.  As far as I'm aware our accounts have always been linked.

In any event, I'm willing to trade one of the Rhapsodys for a Serenade.

The same thing happened to us on Anthem.  Both of us received a block, but we both got ours at the same time !

On 12/2/2019 at 7:08 AM, KuffMUp said:

OK.  Can we crawl out of the weeds?  Back to the original reason for this thread - crystal blocks.  My opinion stays the same.  Those of you that have cruised enough to get a block, they shouldn't make you have to go get it.   I can't imagine there are that many on a particular sailing.  A computer algorithm could help them figure it out. 

And you have used the RCI website.........

😄

DW and I will be on Freedom mid April and would be in line for our first block.  Do they do it at the Top Tier event on Freedom on in room?  Asking because we are in a larger group with a bunch of people that are just Gold (or it's their first cruise all together).  Also curious if we'll get one that looks like the redone Freedom or the current (and soon to be old) Freedom.  I'll say the later on that one.

2 hours ago, Mass2Cruise said:

Also curious if we'll get one that looks like the redone Freedom or the current

All depends how many are sitting in the warehouse.  On Oasis in December the LA they have a bunch of pre-AMP Oasis blocks in the warehouse so it'll be awhile before a new order for Oasis blocks is placed.  Presumably they buy in bulk to reduce costs.

11 hours ago, twangster said:

All depends how many are sitting in the warehouse.  On Oasis in December the LA they have a bunch of pre-AMP Oasis blocks in the warehouse so it'll be awhile before a new order for Oasis blocks is placed.  Presumably they buy in bulk to reduce costs.

Do you think they will update the block?

My Enchantment block looks exactly like Grandeur🤔

I sure hope they don't start using the Symphony design

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3