Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

12 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I lucked out getting a Majesty block last year.  I was on Majesty when cruising stopped a year ago and had to fly home a week early from New Orleans.  I had no idea that I was on Majesty’s last Royal cruise when I got off on Mach 14th.  I am so glad that I earned a Majesty block on that cruise since she is no longer with Royal.  Poor Majesty never had a farewell cruise.

There's probably a couple of boxes of Majesty crystal blocks somewhere on E-bay

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I lucked out getting a Majesty block last year.  I was on Majesty when cruising stopped a year ago and had to fly home a week early from New Orleans.  I had no idea that I was on Majesty’s last Royal cruise when I got off on Mach 14th.  I am so glad that I earned a Majesty block on that cruise since she is no longer with Royal.  Poor Majesty never had a farewell cruise.

I got lucky too.  Was also on one of the last cruises.  One of my more treasured blocks.  🙂  Have one from Legend as well.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, George C said:

I a scheduled for a 8 night cruise in a grand suite and I have 205 points , I think I read I get extra points this year so I will get next block on cruise after this?

The first block is at 140 then every 70 points. Since you have 65 points since your last block you only need 5 so you get a bock on this 8 night cruise.

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The first block is at 140 then every 70 points. Since you have 65 points since your last block you only need 5 so you get a bock on this 8 night cruise.

But I thought you get it on the cruise following the cruise that you meet the goal? 

1 hour ago, George C said:

But I thought you get it on the cruise following the cruise that you meet the goal? 

Your C&A points don't show up till after the cruise, not true for blocks. If the LA is organized, the block will be in your cabin on either on the 3rd or 5th night (depends on whether double points are in effect at the time of your sailing).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, pspercy said:

What size are these blocks ?

I don't know?  Maybe 5" x 5" or 4 x4, I don't have one out right now to measure. Just do an image search, and there are hundreds of photos. :classic_biggrin:

8 hours ago, George C said:

I recommend that you chat with the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and make sure that he/she is tracking you for a block...especially if double or quad points are in play.  It has been rare (for me) for the LA to have been “expecting” me and anticipating my block.  Only once has my block ever been presented during the Top Tier event and that was on Grandeur.  The LA sent a personal invitation to let us know that she would be presenting the block and to for us to acknowledge that we would be at the event.  Every other time our block has just been delivered to our cabin. It has been my [unfortunate] experience that the LA usually have no idea that you should be receiving a block.  And then there’s the very rare case where a block will appear when you’re not expecting one (happened to us once).  Somehow our name popped up for getting a block that we weren’t due.  So we have an extra one.  Can’t remember which ship that was. Actually, we have 2 extra b/c when we got our 420 on Anthem we both got one.  Somehow our Genie managed to get one for each of us.  HaHa. That extra Anthem block was the one I exchanged with @John&LaLafor an Oasis block.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I may have a few to trade by the time March 23 rolls around.

We can do a swap meet.😉

With all the cancellations, L&S's and fabulous opportunities, I have no idea what stock I'll have then. 🤔

But it's extensive😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Your C&A points don't show up till after the cruise, not true for blocks. If the LA is organized, the block will be in your cabin on either on the 3rd or 5th night (depends on whether double points are in effect at the time of your sailing).

I had one very unpopular idiot LA on Serenade one time.  She insisted it was like the C&A level, getting your block AFTER your points are awarded and will received on next cruise. 

I finally had to point out the section on RCI website that was not true, being on the ship you attain that point mark.  Then she barked at me "I am all out of blocks". 😮  OK...back slowly away from the snapping turtle...and say goodbye.  

6 months later, after I had pretty much forgotten the whole thing...not one, but TWO Serenade blocks showed up at my door.  😉   I gave the other one to my sister who was on that cruise with us during time to celebrate her honeymoon.  😇

She was thrilled.  

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just realized we are flying.  Carry on could be heavy.

If you have to fly with a block, I would recommend your carry on, and no matter what anyone in line tells you, take it out, take the top off the box, and put it in its own tray through the scanner. Once I left it in my suitcase, I had a nice stack of TSA paperwork when I got home. No real hassle for me, but now I do carry them on board and have been thanked by the TSA for being pro-active and not giving the scanners a heart attack.

Edited by Bette And Bill

7 minutes ago, Bette And Bill said:

If you have to fly with a block, I would recommend your carry on, and no matter what anyone in line tells you, take it out, take the top off the box, and put it in its own tray through the scanner. Once I left it in my suitcase, I had a nice stack of TSA paperwork when I got home. No real hassle for me, but now I do carry them on board and have been thanked by the TSA for being pro-active and not giving the scanners a heart attack.

Thank you for the reminder.  We haven't flown to a cruise since our first cruise in 2011.  

I agree 100% with checking with the LA that he or she knows that you earn a block on that cruise.  You may have just got off one ship and then cruised on a different ship before the points post to your account.  I show the ships card from the first cruise to prove that I am due a block on the current cruise.  I have been lucky and not had an “idiot” LA on a block cruise like Island Lady had.  Unfortunately, I had that type of LA on the cruise that I made Pinnacle on.  

• Like 1

We have a block we didn’t deserve, our first grand suite on navigator about 10 years ago we were given a box that we didn’t open for a day or two when we opened it it said congratulations on your 420th cruise and was addressed to us , we told our room steward and said she would check with someone .