A whole night's worth of Captain's Club points for booking Choice Air? Wow.

cruisestitch

so for the next few days if you book Choice Air (Flights by Celebrity) you get one whole night's worth of bonus Captain's Club points. So underwhelmed. Inside cabin gets a big 2 points. That'll get to Zenith so much quicker.

Who thought up that promotion? Ebeneezer Scrooge?

so for the next few days if you book Choice Air (Flights by Celebrity) you get one whole night's worth of bonus Captain's Club points. So underwhelmed. Inside cabin gets a big 2 points. That'll get to Zenith so much quicker.

Really....my thoughts exactly. Your comment re Zenith was a laugh though.

Hey- we are 1 point away from Elite. I wonder if we book air, do we get it before the cruise and then are Elite for the cruise we are booking the air for?? That would be a sweet deal for us. Sometimes 1 point can mean a lot just like 1 vote in an election.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, the upside is you can let CA know you are not interested in the extra points... then tell them how many you want to make it worth it..

bon voyage

It IS the season, cruisestitch! Thanks for the laugh. What I want to know is, if it's a B2B, do you get points for two nights?;p Yes, I know the answer.....that would be waaaay too much. BTW, on the heading of my email, they didn't even get my tier points number right. It is right on my profile for the cruise just finished this month.

Question- currently 2 points away from Diamond on RCCL and a short cruise (rccl) in January will get us to that level. I could possibly book the airfare now for our Celebrity cruise in Sept. 2018. Would the 2 points from booking airfare transfer over RCCL so we'd actually be diamond for our January cruise?

I have yet to ever see a price with choice air through Royal or Celebrity that is even close in price to what I can book on my own with the same carrier and flights....I don't get it.

ZERO incentive to pay triple(for my current cruise flights).......the flights are more than the cruise and drink package combined...like really??!

I have yet to ever see a price with choice air through Royal or Celebrity that is even close in price to what I can book on my own with the same carrier and flights....I don't get it.

ZERO incentive to pay triple(for my current cruise flights).......the flights are more than the cruise and drink package combined...like really??!

m - sorry to hear that you have found no value in using CA, yet many others have, mainly those flying either one way or return to Europe or the Far East from the US.

A few, very few who have posted to CC, have found good deals between points in the U.S. for sailings. I have not found a 'good' deal on most of my flights, all to date have been domestic so far. Besides, the airport of choice for us is not a major or international airport, so I do not expect to find 'great deals'.

Not sure where you are flying from, yet that may be the issue, maybe thinking outside the box if you are not flying from a major airport may help get that pricing down. I have direct flights to the port where most of my sailings take place and living less than 15 minutes from that airport is my goal, so paying upwards of $100 p/p more for our flights is not an issue over convenience.

I get the fact that they cannot always meet or beat every quote as alternative methods of booking will.

I do plan on checking them out for a Med sailing we are thinking about and compare to booking alternatively.

CA is a way for X and RC to make it convenient for their passengers and a few bucks too. If it works for you, great, if not, thank goodness there are alternatives.

bon voyage

Agreed. I would use them for a one way but I can do better for a return trip on my own plus I would never give them control of my flights. I've seen to many posts about people not getting what they picked.

They were invaluable to me when booking air for a TA. Booking on my own would have cost several times the fare I obtained from Choice Air. Otherwise, I haven’t personally seen an advantage to booking through them.

They were invaluable to me when booking air for a TA. Booking on my own would have cost several times the fare I obtained from Choice Air. Otherwise, I haven’t personally seen an advantage to booking through them.

I called Choise Air and Celebrity and no one knew what I was asking about. Choice Air said I needed a promo code from Celebrity so I called Celebrity. After waiting over 20 minutes twice a nice gal tried to help me but she was unaware of the promotion. She finally got me through to Celebrity Captain's Club. I had tried the CC numbers but was always transferred to the general number. CC after a considerable wait came back and said if we booked it would show up after our sailing when our points are added.

This was clearly a works in progress at Celebrity.

I saw a posting on Facebook and hit the ' book now' tab which took you to nowhere on the Celebrity website.

Not sure why Celebrity advertises these promotions without

company wide notifications? I was frustrated but soon realized the Celebrity folks were in the dark. Oh well....