Gender misidentification

sr5242

I am a small framed female with curly shoulder length hair and a small chest but it is there! I attempted to entire the dining room wearing a sleeveless summer shirt. Auren a female greeter told me I could not enter in a tank top. Another woman was leaving the dining room wearing a tank top. I pointed to her and said but she was let in. Auren says “she’s a woman” I’m like “I’m a woman!!!!” She says “oh I thought you were a man. You can come in”. Huh?????

I think that it was down right rude of the greeter to make any assumptions about your or anyone's gender. You should have reported it to the Maitre'D. And since when to they tell anyone about anything that they are wearing, even on formal night!?

I am a small framed female with curly shoulder length hair and a small chest but it is there! I attempted to entire the dining room wearing a sleeveless summer shirt. Auren a female greeter told me I could not enter in a tank top. Another woman was leaving the dining room wearing a tank top. I pointed to her and said but she was let in. Auren says “she’s a woman” I’m like “I’m a woman!!!!” She says “oh I thought you were a man. You can come in”. Huh?????

I hate when that happens.

As someone who was diagnosed with breast cancer and spent a period of time completely flat due to bilateral mastectomies and bald because of chemotherapy, I was surprised that no one ever called me "sir."

However, if it happened, I would have just laughed it off.

My gender identity is rooted in my brain, not my body.

I have a bit of a high voice and I know it. I get mistaken for female on the phone quite often. Sometimes I'll correct them, sometimes I won't. It's something I know and understand and no hard feelings.

I am a female and have a rather low voice. On the phone I am often mistaken for a man..ie. yes, sir how can I help you. I do the same thing you do. No big deal. If the OP is truly upset about her encounter then I would agree with Matt above and Colourado gurl's response. :D

The worst is if you're asked if you're pregnant, and you're not.

This happened to me a couple of weeks after giving birth, the cashier commented about the fact that I was already pregnant again while my baby was still drinking formula (that’s what I was buying).

The worst is if you're asked if you're pregnant, and you're not.

My friend is a pediatrician, and made that mistake once - "when are you due?" - "I'm not" ....crickets.

Now, he said the baby could be crowning, but unless the woman mentions it first, he wont bring it up..

My friend is a pediatrician, and made that mistake once - "when are you due?" - "I'm not" ....crickets.

Now, he said the baby could be crowning, but unless the woman mentions it first, he wont bring it up..

DH made this mistake once. I was mortified for the woman and myself (no way I could pretend I didn't know him). I told him to never imply that a woman was pregnant unless he could see an actual child emerging from between her legs.

I might be missing the point here, but why is it ok to enter if she's a woman but denied entry if it were a man??

I have heard that it has to do with men's hairy armpits as against women's nicely-shaved ones. Not sure what they would do in the event of a man with shaved armpits, of which there are many nowadays...

I have heard that it has to do with men's hairy armpits as against women's nicely-shaved ones. Not sure what they would do in the event of a man with shaved armpits, of which there are many nowadays...

OP - Im sure was an innocent mistake, and there was probably enough embarrassment to go around. Sorry it happened to ya.

As far as the shaved armpits, I agree in that case.. what is the difference?