LIVE from the 2018 HAL Grand World Voyage!

Scrapnana

Kathi, Internet on NA has been out - mostly. This is the WC I wanted to do, but no money and a quick sell-out left me having to follow with you.

Have fun!!

Carole

Wish you could have made it, Carole! I'm not sure we ever actually met in person on the Westerdam. I spent most of the cruise (up until our second Meet and Greet) thinking someone else was Happily@Sea.:o

Many thanks for expending so much time and effort in updating us on your travels. It is of special significance to me since we'll be taking our first world cruise in 2019.

Bob

I will be following along on your WC. DH and I will be on the 2019 WC as first timers. So, looking forward to reading all about your trip and picking up some tips. Have a great time!

Glad you both used the word "first" in conjunction with the WC. They are terribly addictive. When I started planning my first one, I actually put "how many times will I go around the world?" in my notes. At the time I thought that was a rhetorical question. Silly me! I very quickly learned that there was an answer and it is, "as many as possible"!:D:D

Wish you could have made it, Carole! I'm not sure we ever actually met in person on the Westerdam. I spent most of the cruise (up until our second Meet and Greet) thinking someone else was Happily@Sea.:o

I spent most of my time at mah-jong when I wasn't with my Road Scholar group. So unless you participated in that, probably not. I also didn't get one of the pre-made nametags - even though I signed-up early.

Not quite live yet but we should be sailing just about this time next Thursday.

I have decided to try a live thread in addition to my blog. I will not be posting many (if any) pictures here but they will be on my blog.

On a previous cruise, Jacqui (aka kazu) did a live thread and invited anyone on the roll call to post. It was interesting being able to read what activity, excursion, event, etc. that roll call members experienced all in one place here on CC. So, when I decided to try a live thread I wanted to open it to any and all on the cruise who wanted to post. Not everyone wants to make the commitment to write a daily blog but wants to post when they have something to share.

Don't get me wrong - for those who love reading blogs there will be plenty of them. When the list is complete it will be posted here.

So sit back, relax, and join us as we sail around the world in 113 days!

Kathi

Venturing out of lurk mode to say I am so looking forward to

following your blog, I really enjoyed your previous ones.

I can live vicariously through you because I am never likely to

be able to do a Grand Cruise!

Glad you both used the word "first" in conjunction with the WC. They are terribly addictive. When I started planning my first one, I actually put "how many times will I go around the world?" in my notes. At the time I thought that was a rhetorical question. Silly me! I very quickly learned that there was an answer and it is, "as many as possible"!:D:D

I LOVE that Kathi :D

It must be SO hard to pack for 113 days :eek:

I have a tough time packing and choosing for 40 or so.

You have so many climates and cultures.

Is there a magical system you have for this or did you just select and pack?

I hope your last piece of luggage makes the weight cut ;)

Venturing out of lurk mode to say I am so looking forward to

following your blog, I really enjoyed your previous ones.

I can live vicariously through you because I am never likely to

be able to do a Grand Cruise!

I don't knnow where the blog. is

If you prov ided name or addressfor the blog , I mustt have missed itt or is i private and not meant for all here on CC? When you reference it here I thought you might provide a link.

Kathi, I hope you are still able to check in once and awhile for the sailaways as I always enjoy your comments and input. Hope you have a great time and a wonderful voyage. Bon Voyage, I will probably miss your sailaway as I will be at work.

Neil