Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

When we were on the Allure a couple of years ago, Johnny Rockets served breakfast - for no charge. Do they serve breakfast on the Harmony?

Yes, free breakfast at JR, but only on Oasis class ships.

You said you drink very little alcohol too but almost every picture you post you have a glass of wine or champagne in hand. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Paulines mam is 95 and has late stage dementia and needs 24 hour care.She lives at home with Pauline's brother and we help several hours a day plus regularly get phone calls in the middle of the night to go down to help.

This means for the last 3 years at home we need to drive so don't drink alcohol or at best 1 drink.

While on holiday which is normally 3-7 nights only we do drink a little and the photos with a glass in our hands are for our nieces benefit as she worries about us being worn out with caring for her gran and working although we are both part retired to look after Pauline's mam.

Graham.

Paulines mam is 95 and has late stage dementia and needs 24 hour care.She lives at home with Pauline's brother and we help several hours a day plus regularly get phone calls in the middle of the night to go down to help.

This means for the last 3 years at home we need to drive so don't drink alcohol or at best 1 drink.

While on holiday which is normally 3-7 nights only we do drink a little and the photos with a glass in our hands are for our nieces benefit as she worries about us being worn out with caring for her gran and working although we are both part retired to look after Pauline's mam.

Graham.

The milkshakes offered by JR are very good. I for one am glad there is a charge for them. If they were FREE, we would be arguing about an over crowded JR and criticizing Royal for no overflow area.

[emoji33]

The milkshakes offered by JR are very good. I for one am glad there is a charge for them. If they were FREE, we would be arguing about an over crowded JR and criticizing Royal for no overflow area.

[emoji33]

I don't mind paying for the shakes at all....I would mind if they instituted the cover charge for them, but that isn't the case. We get them to go, not taking any table or counterspace up.

So... my DH loves their milkshakes. Can he go in and just order that and only pay for the milkshake on Oasis class? Can we get it to go?

Yes and yes.

I would make it clear up front that you only want shakes, as if you sit down, they may immediately bring onion rings and fries.

So... my DH loves their milkshakes. Can he go in and just order that and only pay for the milkshake on Oasis class? Can we get it to go?

Don't even sit down. Go right to the bar and flag down a waiter.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

UPDATE #2

So, because there has been so much conversation about going in a just getting a milkshake or just fries or onion rings, we decided to find out how that works and here it is: if you go into Johnny Rockets and want just a burger, or just an order of fries or onion rings or just an ice cream sundae, you have to pay the "full price cover charge" of $9.95 plus the 18% or $11.74; if you order a milk shake, you pay the going rate for a milk shake plus 18%. Their explanation is that the fries, onion rings, burger and sundae are the four items covered by the "cover charge", so to get one you have to pay the full price.

UPDATE #2

So, because there has been so much conversation about going in a just getting a milkshake or just fries or onion rings, we decided to find out how that works and here it is: if you go into Johnny Rockets and want just a burger, or just an order of fries or onion rings or just an ice cream sundae, you have to pay the "full price cover charge" of $9.95 plus the 18% or $11.74; if you order a milk shake, you pay the going rate for a milk shake plus 18%. Their explanation is that the fries, onion rings, burger and sundae are the four items covered by the "cover charge", so to get one you have to pay the full price.

That is how it has always been since they introduced the cover charge and on ships where it has not gone to a la carte.

I wonder if the food is still "unlimited" at the new pricepoint?