Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

All burgers are on board are made in the same butcher shop.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I am not sure about this. JR is a franchise and typically they require use of their frozen burgers. Burger King, McDonalds, Five Guys and other Burger joints just don’t all run down to the meat market and buy ground beef. Their patties are shipped to them in a pre-packaged frozen box with correct labeling.

Ships may be different....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't make it up.

Watch this from the 24 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/dx7EwOSKt2g

It is likely that the butcher shop adheres to the standards set out by Johnny Rockets.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We will be doing the Galley Lunch Brunch Tour on Harmony soon. I will ask that question.

The fact it’s on YouTube doesn’t make it fact. Not disputing but would like to know more.

From what we have seen and heard from numerous Galley and ship tours, no meat comes onboard without being frozen and with a record of temperatures (Royal requires near constant temperature tracking for food safety). This could be why Royal may be able to use their own process. It sure is a lot cheaper to use non franchised products/food.

I have just never thought to ask this question on the tour or look for JR packaging in the cooler/freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wondered about the different food/different venues. When Dynamic dining was around the ship made it a point to note that the food was prepared in different galleys for the different themed restaurants. For JRs I could see either the franchise sending in/supplying or onboard making to specifications.

Personally a granted franchise(no matter where) would probably be better off getting the supply from the franchise direct to ensure same quality food (hence the knock against WJ burgers)

except I don't think any of them also offer a free alternative.

That's it exactly, it's not a 1 to 1 comparison with the cost of food on land.

I ate at JR on my last cruise because we had a bogo coupon from the meet and mingle and we liked it enough I think we would have gone back for $6.95, but I actually think this is too much for me. I know it's not that much more money but it is that much more in the face of no-cost options that we also enjoy.

But breakfast is still free. We love to eat there in the mornings as they make a great omelette and it takes no more than 5 minutes from sit down to starting your delicious breakfast. Much better than the overcrowded buffet and much better than waiting half an hour for your order to arrive in the dining room. Oops, maybe I should have kept this to myself - that breakfast is free. As a lot of people do not know.

But breakfast is still free. We love to eat there in the mornings as they make a great omelette and it takes no more than 5 minutes from sit down to starting your delicious breakfast. Much better than the overcrowded buffet and much better than waiting half an hour for your order to arrive in the dining room. Oops, maybe I should have kept this to myself - that breakfast is free. As a lot of people do not know.

Breakfast is only free and available at JR on Oasis class ships. No JR breakfast on non-Oasis class ships. But I won't tell anyone. ;)

We ate at JR on the Allure over Christmas the second day of the cruise. Our 16yo has LOVED that place over the years and will eat there 4ish times most cruises. The rest of us usually meet him 2-3 times.

But EVERYONE at our table was so disappointed. Way over cooked meat, fries and onion rings were cold when served and super slow service even though it wasn’t very busy. Our waitress asked at then end if everyone was ok and we told her we thought everything we overlooked and dry. She shrugged and looked at the cooking team and that was that.

I think it was 8ish per person. Honestly a couple bucks wouldn’t change it for us. But food that sucks will. That was the last time on that cruise any of us ate there. And not sure we will again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cindivan

We ate at JR on the Allure over Christmas the second day of the cruise. Our 16yo has LOVED that place over the years and will eat there 4ish times most cruises. The rest of us usually meet him 2-3 times.

But EVERYONE at our table was so disappointed. Way over cooked meat, fries and onion rings were cold when served and super slow service even though it wasn’t very busy. Our waitress asked at then end if everyone was ok and we told her we thought everything we overlooked and dry. She shrugged and looked at the cooking team and that was that.

I think it was 8ish per person. Honestly a couple bucks wouldn’t change it for us. But food that sucks will. That was the last time on that cruise any of us ate there. And not sure we will again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't worry . I hear they are coming out with a premium JR'S where everything is a la carte . Burgers starting at $17 !

Breakfast is only free and available at JR on Oasis class ships. No JR breakfast on non-Oasis class ships. But I won't tell anyone. ;)

Darn. For a second I got excited, since I'll be on Independence in a week and any alternative to ye olde breakfast buffet would've been great, but alas. It is not meant to be.

At least it will still be "only" a $7 cover charge. In the past JR's has been open 'til around 4 am for us (it's a charter cruise), and I'm hoping they continue that "tradition." :D

Darn. For a second I got excited, since I'll be on Independence in a week and any alternative to ye olde breakfast buffet would've been great, but alas. It is not meant to be.

At least it will still be "only" a $7 cover charge. In the past JR's has been open 'til around 4 am for us (it's a charter cruise), and I'm hoping they continue that "tradition." :D

The MDR serves breakfast. ;)

Darn. For a second I got excited, since I'll be on Independence in a week and any alternative to ye olde breakfast buffet would've been great, but alas. It is not meant to be. ...

Check out Cafe Promenade, they might have some items of interest there.