Princess stock

framer

Just checked the stock price. Keep it going Princess.

I just figured the return on my Princess stock and it seems one of my better investments over the last few years.

I guess that nickel and dime stuff pays off.

:cool:

framer

Carnival (CCL) - 29 Year Stock Price History

Historical daily stock prices for Carnival since 1989 adjusted for splits and dividends. Open, high, low, close (OHLC) data as well as percentage changes for multiple date ranges. Display 50 and 200 day moving averages and export charts as images to use in articles and blogs. The latest closing price for Carnival (CCL) as of January 31, 2018 is 71.61.

http://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/CCL/prices/carnival-corp-stock-price-history

Just checked the stock price. Keep it going Princess.

I just figured the return on my Princess stock and it seems one of my better investments over the last few years.

I guess that nickel and dime stuff pays off.

:cool:

framer

The onboard credit is pretty awesome too!

I first started looking at it when it was about $40. By the time I got around to purchasing it was up to about $60. I did it anyway because I had a few cruises on the books and wanted to take advantage of OBC.

It's worked out well so far and we like building obc for specialty dining and drink cards. (y)

The broker tried to talk us out of it..."bad investment, you won't make any $$".:evilsmile:

I fired my broker 10 years ago. He kept telling me things that I could read in a book. Then want me to buy his junk.

The broker tried to talk us out of it..."bad investment, you won't make any $$".:evilsmile:

That is exactly why I do not use, nor do I trust stock brokers. They are only interested in commissions and how much money they can suck out of you. A long term hold is not in their best interest and buying a stock thru a broker results in a high commission cost vs using a discount brokerage firm and opening a brokerage account. Keep stocks in that account in street name with a named beneficiary and do not put shares in your name.

Howard

And the result would be what?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

CCL closed today at $69.95 so a 100 share purchase would cost $6995+ $4.95 if purchased at Fidelity.

If a 2 for 1 stock split were to occur you could purchase 100 shares of CCL @ $34.98 or $3498.00 +$4.95 commission

Current 100 share owners would then have 200 shares@$3498 and new shareholders would be able to purchase 100 shares of CCL for $3498.00

Howard

Bought CCL as just a investment many years ago when it first went public .

Constantly went up , split twice then I sold it .

Bought in again a few years ago @ $33 just for the OBC benefit on CCL , PCL, HAL & Cunard .

It just keeps gaining until this weeks stumbles .

Time to buy in for those that cruise often ? Perhaps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CCL closed today at $69.95 so a 100 share purchase would cost $6995+ $4.95 if purchased at Fidelity.

If a 2 for 1 stock split were to occur you could purchase 100 shares of CCL @ $34.98 or $3498.00 +$4.95 commission

Current 100 share owners would then have 200 shares@$3498 and new shareholders would be able to purchase 100 shares of CCL for $3498.00

Howard

Thank you for the explanation ... pretty much confirmed what I suspected a split to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I’m just curious, as I don’t own CCL. How much onboard credit do you receive and how often is it granted?

Must own 100 shares of stock (more won't help, except for more dividend)

For every voyage that you send in the required information, you get:

$50 for 6 days or less

$100 for 7-13 days

$250 for 14+ days

One per cabin

You can Google search for the form.

Every time you cruise you apply for the OBC, sending in proof of ownership of your shares. The amount of OBC you get depends on the length of the cruise: 14+ days $250, 7-13 days $100, under 7 days $50. These amounts are per cabin not per person.

We bought our shares about 18 months ago and have been very pleased with them.

I broke down and purchased both CCL and RCL in early 2009 while the stock market was severely depressed so I got it at a real reasonable price. We have been enjoying the OBC ever since. The good part is that Carnival Corp owns CCL, PCL and HAL which we have or will sail on giving us some latitude in gaining OBC on one stock purchase. The stock can be in your retirement fund (IRA etc) or your personal portfolio.

I second the comment about stock brokers do not like you to buy what is called "drawer" stock which is stock you buy and put in your drawer for the next 10 or so years. They don't make any money on one time buys.

When stock splits depending on the split (usually 2 for 1 but sometimes more), your shares will increase by 2 (or more) and the value of each share will be 1/2 (or less). I have had stock split 3 for 1 but normally 2 for 1. The thing is that the stock seems to immediately increase after the split so that within a few days, the stock is worth more than 1/2 the original price. I generally like splits.

I fired my broker 10 years ago. He kept telling me things that I could read in a book. Then want me to buy his junk.

Never have had a broker. I do the research. If I make a mistake then I take it as a learning (and hopefully not too expensive) lesson.

I feel a broker would put his interests ahead of mine.

Between the on-board credit, increase in price, and quarterly dividends (now $45 on 100 shares), owning Carnival Corp. stock has been great for me. We had $300 in OBC last year. I'm getting another $100 later this month. It's getting close to where I've received more OBC and dividends than the stock cost me seven years ago.

My brother owns Royal Caribbean stock. He runs into roadblocks a lot of times and doesn't get to combine shareholder credit with some specials. It's nice that Carnival Corp. doesn't have as many restrictions. It's also nice that we can try the other Carnival Corp. lines and get the credit as well.