Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

As soon as I saw Agile I knew why their quality sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Huh. I thought switching to agile (in general) was supposed to be a good thing. Then again the developers at my company haven’t switched over yet, so they know something that I clearly don’t.

Were you waitlisted for main or late seating? I had this happen recently when some of cleared a waitlist but the rest did not. The email just said that MyTime was cancelled and nothing about clearing the waitlist. So, we had to call to get it fixed. RCI IT strikes again!

ricka47 - Thanks for weighing in. We were not waitlisted. Our group of 15 all have My Time Dining. I did spend almost 90 minutes on the phone with RCL today. They could not give me any explanation as to why my group's confirmed reservations dropped four children from two different reservations.

Their solution was to make reservations for the four kids 15 minutes earlier than the original and told me to have them show up with the whole group. How long do you think the dining room will take to find two tables next to each other to accommodate us all? Not happy.

The best part of this conversation was when the agent asked if I had cruised with RCCL before. I said "No - this is our first - and could very well be our last....."

It just seems that everything related to this cruise has been difficult. Vacations are not meant to be 'difficult'. We shall see - I really hope we have a fabulous time and Royal knocks our socks off!! We can only hope!

Edited by ladylyn915
grammar

Ok so hubby and I did the "forgot password" thing and our points appear correct and so do our cruise histories. However, there is no where we can find to link to Crown and Anchor for profile update information, personal perferences, and gift preferences. Anyone know how to do that yet?

Ok so hubby and I did the "forgot password" thing and our points appear correct and so do our cruise histories. However, there is no where we can find to link to Crown and Anchor for profile update information, personal perferences, and gift preferences. Anyone know how to do that yet?

When I was online this afternoon that functionality was still missing. You have to call RCI. I also had to call RCI to cancel a cruise.

Huh. I thought switching to agile (in general) was supposed to be a good thing. Then again the developers at my company haven’t switched over yet, so they know something that I clearly don’t.

It might be a good thing, but like many paradigms it has to be well understood before use.

Their solution was to make reservations for the four kids 15 minutes earlier than the original and told me to have them show up with the whole group. How long do you think the dining room will take to find two tables next to each other to accommodate us all? Not happy.

If you go to the dining room when you board you can make them aware of your reservations for your group and of your requirement for two tables together. They will probably keep the table assignment just for you for the rest of the cruise. Don’t just show up the first night and hope they can sort it. With a bit of notice they will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am logged in to my account and could link my additional cabin booked. However, in cruise planner I can't see anything I already booked, deluxe package and refreshment package in one cabin and 2 refreshnents in the other. All of them already paid for.

Did anyone else faced this issue?

Thanks

I just do not, for the life of me do not understand how such a large corporation could have so many issues with their website. I mean dead links, and just a poor design. I just tried to click "search by ship" and its a dead link. I have used this search a billion times but now its just dead. I do not understand how a company that can design and build the finest, and largest ships in the world, get thousands upon thousands of guests to destinations and back again safely but can't design a website that works Works ALL THE TIME! Sorry about the rant but man it annoys me.

It is too frustrating to try and do ANYTHING on their website ... I have been trying for a MONTH to access my reservation and each time I call, they said they are "working on it" ... RCI must have a bunch of IDIOTS working in their IT department ... :eek:

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? I haven’t run into a dead link since doing that. I hit a bunch before.

Yeah I do that every once in a while but really shouldn't need to. I will do that now though. Go and book a vacation at Disney World, flawless! Every piece of info no matter how small is there.

The RCCL website is so bad that it will have an effect on what cruise lines we use in the future. Total frustration; the cruise planner link won't work, I get error messages, have to log in to the site and then, again, into cruise planner, the site is hard to navigate... perfectly ridiculous for a major company.

I heard rumors that they were going to combine cruise points of these two lines. but I remember how much trouble they had when Royal changed there cruise points from 1 to 7 days, 4 to 9 or 10 days and etc. With that system you got 1 point for any cruise between 1 and 7 days, and two points for 8 to 10 or something like that. Then they started to give points according to the number of days. That made much more sense than getting the same point value on a 3 day cruise as a 9 or 10 day cruise. Celebrity does their points much differently that Royal and it will take a lot of effort to combine the points systems. Even though I would like it to happen, it may never come to reality. There also has been some scuttlebutt about adding at least one or two levels between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. Quite a gap between 175 points for Diamond Plus and 700 points for Pinnacle.

Posted on facebook. Not sure if everyone saw this.

An update from your C&A Member Director, Millie

ROYAL CARIBBEAN CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY·THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2018[/url]

Dear Crown & Anchor Members,

As you may be aware, on March 8th, we launched website functionality with an aim for you to more seamlessly manage your Royal Caribbean Online Account. Our goal was, and still is, to improve your experience across all platforms, especially on your mobile devices. When the project went live, we hit some bumps in the road, and while we are working diligently to fix them, we are very sorry for the difficulty this has caused.

Since Michael Bayley’s communication on Friday, March 16, 2018, we have made substantial progress in improving functionality for the new Guest Account portal. There is still work to do, and we are in the process of implementing resolutions, as well as taking care of guests who have written us at guestaccounthelp@rccl.com. Once these urgent situations are addressed, we will be able to provide more information and insight into the next steps of our technology upgrades.

I want to make sure that we keep you informed, and remind you that you can obtain the most up to date information by checking in with us periodically - here, on our Crown & Anchor Society Facebook Page.

As always, we can’t thank you enough for your patience, and most of all for your constructive feedback to make this new technology the best it can be. You are important to Royal Caribbean, and we appreciate you sticking by us. It’s our mission to deliver the best solutions possible for our most valued guests, and this situation is no different.

Millie

47 Comments

Comments

15078845_1125825657464823_1976106730515163570_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5d84f9e169a5ec79f569d4c96fa7149d&oe=5B7552F2

Write a comment...

11987161_1056566791021261_446537128769293626_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=77c6887821543d002454150b57f9fe00&oe=5B271F11

It works fine for me, on occasion I run into hiccups on Google Chrome but on Microsoft Edge it works very nice. Keep up the good work and thank you for updating us. Can't wait to be onboard Freedom of the Seas April 8, 2018!

What a nightmare! They broke the internet. I can't believe that I had to do the leg work of putting my C & A info and cruises in there. Once I finally gleaned all of that info and made it sort of work, I tried to check some pricing on cruises and that is broken as well. I guess that they have turned off booking new cruises until they can fix this horrible mess.

Ditto to this! I have been trying to research and price out cruises for the past week and I just get the little circle going around and around and around and around ad infinitum. Guess they don't want my money. Very frustrating and annoying to say least. :mad:

I just do not, for the life of me do not understand how such a large corporation could have so many issues with their website. I mean dead links, and just a poor design. I just tried to click "search by ship" and its a dead link. I have used this search a billion times but now its just dead. I do not understand how a company that can design and build the finest, and largest ships in the world, get thousands upon thousands of guests to destinations and back again safely but can't design a website that works Works ALL THE TIME! Sorry about the rant but man it annoys me.

I have been saying for years that the onboard experience with RCCL is great, but their back-end is awful.

If you link B2B cruises together, suddenly you can't change anything and have to go through your travel agent.

They have had shore excursions for a "night tour in Singapore" when the ship has been sailing at 5:00 pm.

They don't seem to know how to handle the international date line - the number of days is ALWAYS messed up if you cross the date line, and they have even had people disembarking the ship on the wrong date when it came to North America from Australia.

The list goes on and on.

My advise : Work with and through a good travel agent for EVERYTHING with RCCL.

On another note - has anyone been able to find an actual working Crown and Anchor members page or members area?

And finally - if you look at some of the splash images that come up, you willl notice that in some cases, the program has changed to the "Crow and Anchor Society".

Proofreading might be an idea, RCCL!

Looking at this again, I realise that the main problem is attention to detail.

RCCL used to be so good at making sure everything was right. Now, so much of it (including onboard experience)is accepted as "good enough".

When I am paying good money for a cruise, I would expect to have a good experience - from the time I start thinking aboout booking it to the time I get off the ship.

In too many cases, that just isn't happening with RCCL anymore.

We’ve gotten to the point where we pretty much stopped using the website long before this debacle. I search an online cruise broker site for the ship and itinerary I want and sometimes book with them. Other times I’ll book direct over the phone. We never make reservations for anything but the comedy show on Royal’s site. Bottom line is this latest fiasco won’t really affect my choice of lines. Royal has a pretty good product despite their website woes.

Gregg