We were just upgraded to Club Class

Linsifer

Just got an email from Princess saying they upgraded our Mini Suite to Club class on the Grand to Hawaii next April at no extra charge. Nice! 👍🏼 It was one cabin over from the existing Club class staterooms. We had an upsell to Club class last year, but this time we don’t have to put out anymore money. I would never book Club class at regular rates. We did enjoy the perks last time, but not worth what they charge. But, we’ll enjoy our complimentary upgrade next year!

Just got an email from Princess saying they upgraded our Mini Suite to Club class on the Grand to Hawaii next April at no extra charge. Nice! 👍🏼 It was one cabin over from the existing Club class staterooms. We had an upsell to Club class last year, but this time we don’t have to put out anymore money. I would never book Club class at regular rates. We did enjoy the perks last time, but not worth what they charge. But, we’ll enjoy our complimentary upgrade next year!

Beware, non of the mini suites on deck 9 have any privacy. All the balcony staterooms on deck 10 and above can look directly down on the deck 9 mini suites. That's one reason we always select deck 8 aft mini suites. They are covered providing privacy, shade, and if raining some protection. Also you don't get any noise from deck 8 Vista lounge.

Beware, non of the mini suites on deck 9 have any privacy. All the balcony staterooms on deck 10 and above can look directly down on the deck 9 mini suites. That's one reason we always select deck 8 aft mini suites. They are covered providing privacy, shade, and if raining some protection. Also you don't get any noise from deck 8 Vista lounge.

I am not sure what ship you are referring to on all Grand Class ships I know about the Vista Lounge is on 7 not 8 and would affect deck 8 aft mini suites - also I do not believe that deck 8 has club class mini suites - if you book at the right time you can get the club class of a little more and get added perks. I booked on sip and sail for about the same price a club class is selling for now and have the premier beverage package for 20 days basically for free plus on specialty dinner and get the nice dining in club class (great service and extra menu options)

Just got an email from Princess saying they upgraded our Mini Suite to Club class on the Grand to Hawaii next April at no extra charge. Nice! [emoji1360] It was one cabin over from the existing Club class staterooms. We had an upsell to Club class last year, but this time we don’t have to put out anymore money. I would never book Club class at regular rates. We did enjoy the perks last time, but not worth what they charge. But, we’ll enjoy our complimentary upgrade next year!
I got that email too! I was so incredulous I had to call Princess to confirm. Nice surprise. Enjoy!

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook 3 using Forums mobile app

I am not sure what ship you are referring to on all Grand Class ships I know about the Vista Lounge is on 7 not 8 and would affect deck 8 aft mini suites - also I do not believe that deck 8 has club class mini suites - if you book at the right time you can get the club class of a little more and get added perks. I booked on sip and sail for about the same price a club class is selling for now and have the premier beverage package for 20 days basically for free plus on specialty dinner and get the nice dining in club class (great service and extra menu options)

My mistake, we book mini suites on deck 8, and yes the are not the outrageously prices Club Class. However the provide privacy the deck 9 mini suites do not provide. I am referring to the Grand, Star, and Caribbean Princess. We have book deck 8 mini suites for years and have Never been effected by The deck 7 Vista Lounge. To each there own.

I booked an aft mini-suite on deck 9 on the Caribbean princess. I picked it because there would be cabins above and below. Can someone tell me if we will have privacy and shade from the deck above?

Unfortunately, no ... the mini suite verandas on deck nine are not covered. We’ve not found that people are really staring at the people below but it could happen, I suppose. More than anything for me, these verandas don’t provide any protection from the elements or from people above that toss something over the railing.

Not having been on the Caribbean Princess before...what location for a mini-suite would provide us with privacy and/or an overhang to protect against rain etc. I didn't pick Deck 8 because on the Aft cabins there's Club Fusion below I believe.

Not having been on the Caribbean Princess before...what location for a mini-suite would provide us with privacy and/or an overhang to protect against rain etc. I didn't pick Deck 8 because on the Aft cabins there's Club Fusion below I believe.

The deck 8 cabins may be aft, but they are the only mini-suites that have cover for shade and privacy. We love them, but always look for the starboard side (odd numbers) to be away from the stage of the night club below.

Some swear by the midship Dolphin minis, but the Emerald deck mini-suites are the best if you don't want to cope with too much sun, you don't mind being aft and you want to save a few bucks.

Jim

• 2 months later...
A lot of positive comments about Club Class dining.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone about what they like so much.

The service was great. The special dishes were very good, as was the food overall. Really, the whole dining experience was the best we've seen in years.

I booked an aft mini-suite on deck 9 on the Caribbean princess. I picked it because there would be cabins above and below. Can someone tell me if we will have privacy and shade from the deck above?

Mini suites on the Dolphin deck are partly shaded (near the cabin) and partly open (near the railing). If you are standing by the railing, people on Caribe can look down on you.

My personal preference is the deeper balcony cabins on Caribe or the minis on Emerald aft.

There are many discussions on this if you search “Dolphin mini suites”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums