New gratuity information

I do not remember which cruise lie it was. But, if you do not have your gratuities prepaid you cannot dine in the dining rooms. You will not be seated. Buffett yes. I am trying to find the cruise line where I read that. Anyone else read that or had that experience?

I do not remember which cruise lie it was. But, if you do not have your gratuities prepaid you cannot dine in the dining rooms. You will not be seated. Buffett yes. I am trying to find the cruise line where I read that. Anyone else read that or had that experience?

Your first sentence may be correct. It just might be a lie.

NO cruise line restricts your access to the dining room for pre-paying tips. NONE. Pay now...pay later...same amount! That said, if you are booked into one of the traditional seating times, you cannot use the "anytime" dining plan.....and conversely, if you have "anytime" dining, you won't be seated in the traditional time part of the dining room. You pick one, and stick with it.

What on earth? Why would you post something like this if you have no clue as to the cruise line? You're neither new to CC, nor new to cruising, so why would you think such a thing would be plausible?

When you finally find out just what it is you're talking about, please come back and tell us.

No cruise line I know of will prevent you from dining in the MDR if you have not pre-paid the gratuities. Some require prepayment for open anytime type dining, but not for traditional set dining. What you read was incorrect information.

Edited by sloopsailor

If a pax is onthe ship, they paid their fare to board and sail. Thatr fare includes all meals. in regular dining venues, but, or course, not alternative. The pax paid for MDR same as all of us and they paid for the right to dine there. No cruise line can survive is they deny guests what they bought and paid for.

Thoguh they may ' encourage' guests to pay tips they cannot take away features of a cruise that are included in the fare paid.

Edited by sail7seas

That's what our travel agent told me for our 2015 Vision of the Seas cruise. We had ATD & had to pre-pay our tips. After reading the posts here, I looked up our paperwork for the cruise & it's also stated there.

That was the case when ATD started. If you wanted it, you had to prepay the gratuities. If you didn't want to prepay, you could only do traditional fixed time dining. But you weren't excluded from the MDR. The prepay requirement was dropped some time ago. So the OP is still wrong.

That was the case when ATD started. If you wanted it, you had to prepay the gratuities. If you didn't want to prepay, you could only do traditional fixed time dining. But you weren't excluded from the MDR. The prepay requirement was dropped some time ago. So the OP is still wrong.

Agreed.