Got an upgrade!!!

sprint180

I'm so excited, I got a e-mail today and we have been upgraded to a balcony! Still a long time till my cruise so I was really surprised. A balcony will really be nice with 4 in the room.

Lucky you very nice. Enjoy :D

Tony

Which cruise? Which ship? What was your original cabin? What balcony do you now have that can take 4? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh... BTW... Congratulations! :D

Great news! Good for you!! Enjoy your balcony !!!

Did you have an assigned inside cabin or guaranteed cabin not yet assigned?

We picked our inside when we booked. Don't know what that is called.

Which cruise? Which ship? What was your original cabin? What balcony do you now have that can take 4? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh... BTW... Congratulations! :D

Regal February 2019. Originally had an inside in the aft can't remember what number maybe baha 717? now have Caribe 631

Regal February 2019. Originally had an inside in the aft can't remember what number maybe baha 717? now have Caribe 631

Nice! Another bonus to your upgrade is that your previous cabin had a connecting door to the cabin next door. Your new cabin doesn't have that "feature" Many have reported a problem with noise from next door in connecting cabins. Very, very nice upgrade. You should be doing a major happy dance. :hearteyes:

Congratulations! I've seen a few reports of true upgrades offered for cruises that are a long way off today. Wonder if it's a change in strategy? We can hope.

Surprised to see them giving it away when they have been selling it for so long but nice if you can get it for free

Congrats! I'm also surprised that you got the upgrade so soon. Princess must have wanted your cabin for a specific reason.

Maybe someone wanted that connecting room?? Just a thought. Anyway - nice upgrade!

Congrats!! I too got an upgrade email today for our sailing on Regal in January. We were 4 people in and inside cabin M719 and now in cabin M241!! This is our first sailing on Princess.

We received an upgrade yesterday for the same sailing as well. Same scenario, aft inside Riveria category ID to balcony Dolphin deck category BD. I did notice they dropped the price on this sailing with their 35% off sale. We get a great deal on the balcony room and keep our free gratuities! Winner winner chicken dinner!!

I'm glad to see that someone is enjoying a Princess 'upgrade'. I spend a lot of time researching for what I want in a cabin on a ship so when I book, I want a specific cabin on a specific deck. Before our last cruise, Princess decided to 'upgrade' us from my preferred cabin on deck 14 down to deck 9, with no notice. When I objected, they told me that the 'upgrade' was from one cabin category to another, regardless of location. I have marked my preferences to 'no upgrade' since I look for a cabin with the biggest balcony when doing my research. So congrats on getting a true 'upgrade'.

My wife and I had planned to due a Trans-Atlantic on the Royal Princess. We had picked out one of the best mini-suites, cabins. Two weeks before the cruise, we had a medical emergency and had to cancel (we did have insurance). We always wondered if someone was offered an "upgrade" or "upset" in either case they really lucked out.