Pink champagne upon boarding?

39august

In my experience there is complimentary Prosecco or mimosas upon boarding, but not Champagne. Have never seen sparkling rose (pink) available complimentary - in fact rose in general is often somewhat scarce on Celebrity in my experience (my wife loves sparkling rose and sometimes has had difficulty getting it in some venues). Must have been something out of the ordinary if they were using sparkling rose during your previous sailing.

I seen them once pour Henkell Rose. Which I enjoyed and wish I could get from the bars...i never asked, but never saw it on a menu. I also typically don't enjoy rose, or blush. I had only seen it once also on the Equinox, last October.

I love a good rose sparkling! On our Alaskan cruise 2016 they had a great rose sparkling from Domain Carneros I believe we drank everything that the Sommelier to get a hold of LOL [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice to hear they are often offering sparkling rose as an option; I had only ever seen white. We have had beverage packages the past couple of cruises so just bypassed the complimentary bubbly as we boarded (as in the past when we did not have packages we appreciated the gesture, but did not find the sparkly they passed out particularly appetizing).

I've seen them make the sparkling wine on boarding into a pink by adding a few drops of red wine to the glass before pouring in the sparkling wine. We were on a B2B, and I was chatting with my favorite sommelier while she was pouring. I had wondered how they got the color.

I've seen them turn it blue and green as well. It still isn't good sparkling wine.

We didn’t have mimosas on Eclipse in late November. They were offering brut & hibiscuses (brut with cranberry juice). The hibiscus was ok but I prefer the mimosa

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope not on Equinox! On Silly in Dec. I saw only pink champagne offered. We don't drink pink wine of any sort. Hope for mimosas or regular "champagne" upon boarding July 7.

B2B Caribbean cruise March/April 2018 on the Equinox and the options were sparkling white, rose and OJ. The bars are also open.

I've seen them make the sparkling wine on boarding into a pink by adding a few drops of red wine to the glass before pouring in the sparkling wine. We were on a B2B, and I was chatting with my favorite sommelier while she was pouring. I had wondered how they got the color.

I've seen them turn it blue and green as well. It still isn't good sparkling wine.

On the Millennium a few weeks ago, I had to laugh. The told me it was Kir Royal. I didn't taste like any Kir Royal I have ever had.[emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They must have had a supply issue with their regular offering. Which I highly doubt would be champagne - just a cheaper sparkling wine.

Because they keep the pink champagne on ice or because they haven't had that spirit here since 1969?

Because they keep the pink champagne on ice or because they haven't had that spirit here since 1969?

Lol

No matter what they offer I just take it and drink it - "We are just programmed to receive"

I hope not on Equinox! On Silly in Dec. I saw only pink champagne offered. We don't drink pink wine of any sort. Hope for mimosas or regular "champagne" upon boarding July 7.

a6a514d47939267a6c7dd389024c5bf8--blood-brothers-keeping-up-appearances.jpg

--Hyacinth Bucket, Grand ( Elite ++) Patron of Celebrity Concierge class and other high class stuff.

Edited by cmhdoogalsatsea