Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

4 hours ago, blondietoo said:

We feel the same as you Mysty.....heartbreaking and horrific!

I think most Canadians are struggling with this!  We have no clear path to rectify the situation.   We can make token gestures like wearing orange shirts to signify our support for the Indigenous communities but they need concrete action!  Clean water would be a great start.   I think we feel rather helpless in terms of igniting a flame to create positive action!

4 minutes ago, Ross4356 said:

Seabourn Ovation in Greece has No Masks on their first Greek sailing out of Athens. Just wondering if Apex Mask policy has changed?

Hi, I would say to ask this question over on the Celebrity board since Apex is one of their ships.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

I'm also celebrating something special on the 4th July .... 7 years since I had a stem cell transplant.. I'm still doing well 🙏🍾

That's excellent news Lvshack!  Celebrating is a good thing! 🥰

• Like 1

Was going to post this story as a reply on another thread (re: knuckles still hurt) but thought we were going off topic a bit there, and love the cooler, where off topic is allowed.  The general gist of the comments over there was school discipline when growing up.

Spent most of elementary school in Pittsburgh PA.  Kind of a tough town, but I still love it and root for their sports teams.  Anyway, the coed health teacher, who was also coach of several teams, is writing on the board and someone makes a rude sound.  Teacher turns around and says who did that?  None of us answer.  Teacher says, well, if no one will speak up, everyone of youse (local dialect) gets a smack on the wrist with this yardstick.  Incredibly, we students held firm.  <Even the girls - forgive me, it was a different time back then.>

He then walked up and down the aisles, everyone had to hold out their arms, and everyone's wrist, hand or forearm got smacked.

Its the way it was, not right of course, but somehow I'm still proud we all pulled though it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

Was going to post this story as a reply on another thread (re: knuckles still hurt) but thought we were going off topic a bit there, and love the cooler, where off topic is allowed.  The general gist of the comments over there was school discipline when growing up.

Spent most of elementary school in Pittsburgh PA.  Kind of a tough town, but I still love it and root for their sports teams.  Anyway, the coed health teacher, who was also coach of several teams, is writing on the board and someone makes a rude sound.  Teacher turns around and says who did that?  None of us answer.  Teacher says, well, if no one will speak up, everyone of youse (local dialect) gets a smack on the wrist with this yardstick.  Incredibly, we students held firm.  <Even the girls - forgive me, it was a different time back then.>

He then walked up and down the aisles, everyone had to hold out their arms, and everyone's wrist, hand or forearm got smacked.

Its the way it was, not right of course, but somehow I'm still proud we all pulled though it.

Yes that was the way it was!  For some reason that I don't understand,  it seems that people have difficulty accepting that the world as it is now was not always this way.  Times change and those of us lucky enough to be still around have experience with things changing!  I went to a Catholic elementary school where we were taught by nuns.  The discipline was the strap.  Sometimes the punishment was broadcast over the PA  system.   Obviously not the done thing now when teachers are not allowed to touch students.   It was the done thing in the late 1950s.

• Like 1

I went to school in the 60s......and early to mid 70s.......public school. We never got smacked.......for us, it was always detention. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

We never got smacked.......for us, it was always detention. 

An improvement, I'm sure.  Who would give license to anyone to physically assault children?  But back in the barbaric 50's, there were some teachers who got it right, who knew when we needed a lesson.  I do understand there were others who got it wrong so, it had to stop.

• Like 1

Hi coolers, I just want to make sure I wish all of you a good next 10 days or so. I fly to Athens tomorrow😃and I think I will probably pinch myself when I walk up the gangway🤣............that would be on Thursday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi coolers, I just want to make sure I wish all of you a good next 10 days or so. I fly to Athens tomorrow😃and I think I will probably pinch myself when I walk up the gangway🤣............that would be on Thursday.

Have an awesome voyage!

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Safe travels and have a great time. From what I have heard from spinnaker on Silver Moon and a friend on Seabourn it all sounds wonderful.

18 minutes ago, Bluebelle14 said:

Hi Lois, I would love to know who your Captain, HD and CD are, please.

Hi, I think someone posted this information over on Spins "Live From" thread.