Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Or in the corn field!  Very dry in the US Midwest, everyone hoping for rain and now they are finally getting some.  Lois - I hope the rain will still allow you a great trip.  Rojaan I will never be able to appreciate a fine necklace again... 

We did have a great trip, so good to travel again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

I thought this sign would be only in Canada!

Turns out it's at a skateboard park in North Carolina, USA

image.jpeg

Chas I don't think our moose are skilled with skateboarding.  Other folk using the skateboard park might have difficulty navigating antlers.   And meese (my version of plural for moose) don't share space well.   🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Chas I don't think our moose are skilled with skateboarding.  Other folk using the skateboard park might have difficulty navigating antlers.   And meese (my version of plural for moose) don't share space well.   🤣

"I hate those meeses to pieces."  –Jinx the Cat on Huckleberry Hound

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

It’s an elk.  It just a sign of awareness.

Interesting!  Why not just show an elk in mid-stride as opposed to one standing stationary on a platform that may seem like a skateboard or that he is waiting for a train? 😁

This is used in the province of Quebec...

46629116-canadian-road-warning-sign-moose-crossing-this-sign-is-used-in-quebec-.jpg.8f4e94bd1cc4a73d6a44c67661d9f1d5.jpg

Edited by mysty

3 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Where is Davy Wavy?

He's taking an extended break from Cruise Critic. Not entirely sure why. I've seen him on another social media site and at the time, he said that he wasn't planning on coming back here. Time will tell I guess. Hope he reconsiders!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi coolers, home from Chicago.....had a great visit🙂...we had 2 private tours and then yesterday we took the Architectural Tour on the Chicago River.  It rained Friday and Saturday but yesterday made up for it.....it was sunny and beautiful.  The 2 other tours were excellent.....my girlfiriend found this tour guide through multiple sites and he was fantastic....has lived in Chicago forever (native) and he is an artist as well. We went to the Art Museum and the "The Chicago Cultural Center" which is awesome. It was the original library of the city but has been converted to this......it is beautiful inside. Also went to Millennium Park and they have this totally funky structure called "THE BEAN"😃......when you look up at it, it looks like a mirror and you look like you are falling........it is really net.

We also went to the University of Chicago Campus and had a tour of "The Robie House"......it was built by Frank Lloyd Wright......funky home!  The campus is lovely. 

We ate some good dinners and and it was really fun being "out and about" again👍

Oh, the tour on the River was really good too......I didn't realize how much history Chicago has and the buildings? BEAUTIFUL.........

• Like 2

Welcome home Lois and glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip.

The last time we were in Chicago was September, 2001 for the wedding of two friends. It was over Labor Day weekend that year. And one of the things that we did was go to the top of the Sears Tower for the views. After all, isn't that what you do when visiting cities?

Then 9/11 happened about a week later. I have to admit, we both had some serious butterflies or worse, about having been at the top of a tall building...

Hi JP, thanks.....last night we went to EATALY for dinner😃....although we didn't plan this dinner very well because we ate lunch quite late..........so we didn't enjoy the dinner as much as we normally would have.......but the market and all the stuff was pretty cool.

• Like 1