Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi coolers, Good morning.........I want to take a moment and wish all you Dad's, Grandads, Step Dads, and anyone who is in that place.........to have a VERY HAPPY FATHERS DAY🙂......You guys are the absolute BEST........My Dad was my best friend and today? Well, it is the final round of the US OPEN and he loved to be with his family and we would watch the Golf tournament together.  I miss him every day....especially today.

112 Happy Father's Day Images, Pictures & Photo Quotes 2021 | Fathers day  quotes, Happy father day quotes, Happy fathers day images

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from Pella Iowa USA!  ("America's Dutch Treasure") 

Lincslady is correct that my grandfather was Scottish.  But how did you know?  My mother's family was 100% Dutch descended, hence part of the reason we are here in Pella.

Regarding the salted peanuts in Coke, yes it is known practice here.  I asked my wife about this as she has impeccable Southern Virginia credentials, going back to the Dale family, early settlers of the area, vs my mere 40 years in the area.  Her response: a waste of Virginia Peanuts.  Why not make peanut pie, peanut soup, or just enjoy them with your Pepsi?

Some pictures of grandchildren, wife, daughter.  Like JP, I'm partial to the foreground in these

Edited by QueSeraSera
sideways pictures had to be fixed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Lois, 10. 6 and 4.  

Yes, that Pella Jazz!

Que:  close to a Dr Pepper trio (10, 2 and 4 if you remember the old ads)!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/what-the-numbers-10-2-and-4-mean-on-the-original-dr-pepper-bottles/ar-BB15SAqG

• Like 1

que - you have lovely grandchildren.  (I guess we all do).

My clue to Scottishness was your use of 'ken', as in 'd'you ken John Peel', which I assumed was only used for 'know' by the Scots.    They made the English football team look a bit pathetic the other day in the European championships.  I am not Scottish; a mongrel mix of English, Welsh and French.

I bet we all wish we were where Spins is at present.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Lola

• Like 2

Good morning coolers🙂 Friday I take my first flight in 18 months.....not sure if I mentioned this a while back but I am going to Chicago for a long weekend with 3 friends.  We have several events booked and I am so looking forward to it.🙂 Going on 2 private tours and we are also doing a river cruise. So it will be a busy 3 days.......going on Friday morning and coming back Monday afternoon.   

Then I only have to wait one more week until the BIG CRUISE😃

• Like 4

Thanks so much. This week will probably go slower than I want it to.......for a 3.5 day trip I don't need to pack till Thursday LOL.....and I am only bringing a carry on.  

15 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

You hear right.  Only 201 passengers according to Spins, I believe.

Yes..that is what she said.  Must be a totally different experience.