Priority boarding line at Port Everglades?

mommaof9

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if there is a separate line outside the terminal for priority boarding on Princess cruises, and if so, where is it? I have seen conflicting information on this. Thanks for any info!

On our last several cruises out of FLL there was no special line OUTSIDE (maked but all were meshed together).  Once inside and checked in, you are then sent to where you go for priority boarding ....  Depending on your level of priority (Platinum, Elite, Suite, etc.)  

3 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Keith, when did they change this?  We had one this past February and in Dec 2017.  Guess it's another change!

Not sure but it was no more last month on the CB.

Everyone in the same line, you go right in and line up for security first.

I had seen some comments about it over the summer so we were prepared.

7 hours ago, OCruisers said:

On our last several cruises out of FLL there was no special line OUTSIDE (maked but all were meshed together).  Once inside and checked in, you are then sent to where you go for priority boarding ....  Depending on your level of priority (Platinum, Elite, Suite, etc.)  

This was our experience as well.  No priority line outside or inside, but they separate you by loyalty once inside.

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

This was our experience as well.  No priority line outside or inside, but they separate you by loyalty once inside.

Same for us at pier 2 January/February 2018. I have to add that the process went so quickly there was no need for a special outside line.

Boarded CB on Sep 28.  No outside priority line.  Once inside the doors (which opened shortly after 10), everyone went through security and were then directed to priortiy line or regular line for checkin. We were then directed upstairs to Priority lounge.

Also, no more filling out health form - just lots of signs reminding you to wash your hands!

21 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Same procedure when we cruised in September! 

The priority line has now been replaced buy a quicker single boarding line (or at least it seems that way last cruise). I believe the priority line caused to much confusion for people who arrived after the terminal was very crowded.

They also seemed to be letting people into the terminal earlier than they used to so they could wait sitting down instead of lining up in the heat outside.

In April there was no longer an outside priority line.  Everyone in the same line to go through security and then it branched off into the respective lines once we got through the security.  The terminal opened earlier though, at 10:00 am vs the previous 11:00 am, so by thectime we arrived at 10:45ish we breezed right in. 

Edited by 4cats4me
Spelling

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2018 at 10:31 PM, mommaof9 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if there is a separate line outside the terminal for priority boarding on Princess cruises, and if so, where is it? I have seen conflicting information on this. Thanks for any info!

When we sailed Princess out of Port Everglades two years ago, there was a door just to the right of the main door for Priority Boarding (we were Platinum).  I don't think it was marked, but we were directed to it.  Zipped right through.

6 hours ago, ecs66 said:

When we sailed Princess out of Port Everglades two years ago, there was a door just to the right of the main door for Priority Boarding (we were Platinum).  I don't think it was marked, but we were directed to it.  Zipped right through.

No more additional door. Everything has been remodeled.

Only one line outside now and one door to enter the terminal.

This past Feb. I only saw 1 line. As we made our way to the back of it, we were stopped by an agent and placed in an area for handicapped. My mom was in a wheelchair so we waited there about 10 minutes and we're in. I dont know if that was a one time thing or if thats where wheelchair passengers go now. In 2017 we hunted for the elite line and finally i ask someone if they were in the elite line. That was the wrong thing to say! She told me no and the  one line is for everyone and we needed to go to the back. Others were snickering (probably cause I mentioned the terrible "elite" word) as we made our way to the back of the line. I dont think I'm  better than anyone else, I just thought I was  blind. Lol! We usually arrive at the port about 10:30 but maybe we will get there around 10 so we're not so far back.

5 hours ago, mamaboss said:

This past Feb. I only saw 1 line. As we made our way to the back of it, we were stopped by an agent and placed in an area for handicapped. My mom was in a wheelchair so we waited there about 10 minutes and we're in. I dont know if that was a one time thing or if thats where wheelchair passengers go now. In 2017 we hunted for the elite line and finally i ask someone if they were in the elite line. That was the wrong thing to say! She told me no and the  one line is for everyone and we needed to go to the back. Others were snickering (probably cause I mentioned the terrible "elite" word) as we made our way to the back of the line. I dont think I'm  better than anyone else, I just thought I was  blind. Lol! We usually arrive at the port about 10:30 but maybe we will get there around 10 so we're not so far back.

It would be nice if they would explain that to everyone. 

This confusion will go on for years. 😉