Can't update signature. Help!

Trying to update my signature to show recent cruise and upcoming.  Keep getting a message that I don't meet guidelines.  I have no photos, no URLs, only two horizontal lines of past cruises.  What am I doing wrong?

You have 7 blank lines at the end of your signature. Those blank lines count againt your maximum of 6 lines. If you delete those blank lines, you should be able to update your signature.

Edit: Just saw bemis12 beat me to the same answer by a matter of a few seconds.

Edited by bluemarble

8 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I can't even figure out where to go to edit my signature.  Tried my profile.  Nothing there.  This is really getting tedious.

Go to "Account Settings"  On the left side is "Signature"  Click on that.

Just be aware there are restrictions now to signatures.  Those of us with longer ones are grandfathered until such time as we want to make a change, then we must also abide by the the restrictions:

• Maximum of 1 image
  •  Images up to 150 x 175 pixels
  •  Maximum of 3 URLs
  •  Maximum of 6 lines

Edited by Shmoo here

40 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I can't even figure out where to go to edit my signature.  Tried my profile.  Nothing there.  This is really getting tedious.

I found  it under Account  settings  then look on the left side  you  see signature  click there

2 minutes ago, rick and carrie said:

How do you delete your signature?

Go to "Account Settings"  On the next page, on the left is "Signature".  Scroll down to the window with the signature information in it.  Delete everything there.  For countdown clocks you need to put your cursor at the end of it and backspace to delete it.

Click "Save" button at lower left.

There you go.

Edited by Shmoo here

19 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Go to "Account Settings"  On the left side is "Signature"  Click on that.

Just be aware there are restrictions now to signatures.  Those of us with longer ones are grandfathered until such time as we want to make a change, then we must also abide by the the restrictions:

• Maximum of 1 image
  •  Images up to 150 x 175 pixels
  •  Maximum of 3 URLs
  •  Maximum of 6 lines

Well, that blows the usefulness out of the water for me.  That's where I kept track of my cruises.  Thanks, Cruise Critic.  You are becoming less and less relevant to me all the time.

34 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, that blows the usefulness out of the water for me.  That's where I kept track of my cruises.  Thanks, Cruise Critic.  You are becoming less and less relevant to me all the time.

I find it hard to believe that this is the only thing that you ever found the CC forums good for.

Indeed, unreasonably lengthy signatures have long been one of the more difficult aspects of CC forums, so there will be many people who will cheer the fact that they're being kept under control. They're supposed to be signatures, not personal filing cabinets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I had that problem, too, so I copied and pasted to a Word doc and now I can see them there.  EM

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It's super easy to create a document that keeps track of your cruises for you.  That's not really what you want.  You want everyone else to know about about your cruises.

Only 3 links allowed in signatures now?!  That's really a bummer considering I post links to all of my old trip reports/reviews in my signature.  I spend countless hours working on those reviews and posting them on CC, and even the older reviews still get read and posted on occasionally.  Deleting the links will likely mean that no one will ever find them again.  Similarly, I like seeing the links to other posters reviews (like if I read one of their reviews and enjoy it, I will often check their signature to see if they have written other reviews that I may also enjoy reading).  Someone like Mitsugrly comes to mind- her signature has tons of links to her reviews of different ports, tour companies, and cruise ships.  What a waste of all of her effort that she will now have to delete that the next time she tries to update her signature!  Being forced to delete the old links and shorten the signatures is very disappointing.  We have the ability to hide signatures, so if people don't have to scroll through long ones if they don't want to!  These new restrictions are unnecessary.  Hopefully the powers that be will see our disappointment and revert some of these changes!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deladane said:

Only 3 links allowed in signatures now?!  That's really a bummer considering I post links to all of my old trip reports/reviews in my signature.  I spend countless hours working on those reviews and posting them on CC, and even the older reviews still get read and posted on occasionally.  Deleting the links will likely mean that no one will ever find them again.  Similarly, I like seeing the links to other posters reviews (like if I read one of their reviews and enjoy it, I will often check their signature to see if they have written other reviews that I may also enjoy reading).  Someone like Mitsugrly comes to mind- her signature has tons of links to her reviews of different ports, tour companies, and cruise ships.  What a waste of all of her effort that she will now have to delete that the next time she tries to update her signature!  Being forced to delete the old links and shorten the signatures is very disappointing.  We have the ability to hide signatures, so if people don't have to scroll through long ones if they don't want to!  These new restrictions are unnecessary.  Hopefully the powers that be will see our disappointment and revert some of these changes!

Hopefully the powers that be will...but not holding my breath...CC has now become way too difficult for those of us without a degree in IT.....completely unfriendly to some of us...but who cares...sadly not CC or they wouldn't have done this.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, gamecockinnc said:

I have been driving myself nuts trying to add two cruisers to my signature but it won’t let me. Am I to understand that we will no longer be able to list all of our cruises? I am so confused. Thank you in advance for any help y’all can provide. 🙂

There are restrictions for signatures now on the new format.

•  Maximum of 2 images
  •  Images up to 447 x 204 pixels
  •  Maximum of 3 URLs
  •  Maximum of 10 lines

That said, those of us who have signatures that do not meet the new requirements are grandfathered with the signature we had when the move to the new format was made.

BUT, if we want to change anything in our signatures, we now must comply with the new restrictions.

Since you have a pretty lengthy signature, you're not going to be able to add 2 more lines to it.

1 minute ago, gamecockinnc said:

Thank you, I don’t understand these changes. I went to open the app on my phone today and the app is gone too. 🤯😕

The new forum does not support the app.  It is, however, "mobile friendly".  You can access it via your browser.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gamecockinnc said:

Am I to understand that we will no longer be able to list all of our cruises?

What you could do is condense the list you have

eg

Carnival Breeze Oct 2014 - Nov 2015 -Xmas 2015

would be 1 line instead of 3   You can also reduce the size of the text a little

Carnival Breeze Oct 2014 - Nov 2015 -Xmas 2015

I thinkyou can get it even smaller in signatures

Edited by Aulanis
  • Like 1