What would you do? Stay on Oasis or change?

What Would You Do?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Stay on my current ship. I'm sure it will be fine.
    • Switch to another ship. I wouldn't take chances.

What would you do?  Scheduled to sail on 3/17/19 Oasis and she has just been scheduled for maintenance on 3/31/19, cancelling that cruise.  Makes me think we should change to another ship. Maybe there is something wrong, I mean, why else would they schedule maintenance out of nowhere 2 weeks after our sail date?  Final payment is due this week and I need to make a decision and I am so torn.  It will cost more to change ships, but to me it could be worth the peace of mind.  The itineraries are different, and I will probably spend less on excursions if we change ships, so it will all balance out, financially.

Assuming cost/itinerary is not an issue, what would you do?

It is something routine related to her TA 2 weeks later.  They cancelled the same cruise on Allure for 2020 on the same day with the exact same number of sailings (2) between the 1 week drydock and the TA.

My guess is they need to remove the plants in CP due to the cold weather they will encounter on the TA.

i would not worry about it.

• Thanks 1

I agree with Clarea. The Oasis is a beautiful ship and from what I've read, the "maintenance" being done is unlikely to affect your enjoyment of your cruise (unless you let it). We last sailed Oasis in April and will be on her again over New Years and again on the Apr 7  sailing. Not even considering a change. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Grenouille21 said:

What would you do?  Scheduled to sail on 3/17/19 Oasis and she has just been scheduled for maintenance on 3/31/19, cancelling that cruise.  Makes me think we should change to another ship. Maybe there is something wrong, I mean, why else would they schedule maintenance out of nowhere 2 weeks after our sail date?  Final payment is due this week and I need to make a decision and I am so torn.  It will cost more to change ships, but to me it could be worth the peace of mind.  The itineraries are different, and I will probably spend less on excursions if we change ships, so it will all balance out, financially.

Has no affect on your cruise. Why would you cancel?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

What type of cabin do you have?

Ocean View Balcony.  

I have heard numerous rumors as to why the ship is being pulled 3 months prior to sail date, but the bottom line is no one knows.  It could be something minor, but cancelling a cruise 3 months out leads me to believe it is something much bigger than removing plants.  Royal will not answer questions about the maintenance, which makes me nervous.  If they needed to remove plants, I assume they would just say that, no?  This has to be something else, and I don't want whatever this issue is to ruin our vacation.  

4 minutes ago, Grenouille21 said:

Ocean View Balcony.  

I have heard numerous rumors as to why the ship is being pulled 3 months prior to sail date, but the bottom line is no one knows.  It could be something minor, but cancelling a cruise 3 months out leads me to believe it is something much bigger than removing plants.  Royal will not answer questions about the maintenance, which makes me nervous.  If they needed to remove plants, I assume they would just say that, no?  This has to be something else, and I don't want whatever this issue is to ruin our vacation.  

I sail her in January and February, my wife just got off last week.  Business as usual.

Do whatever makes you comfortable

I am/was on the cancelled sailing and if my schedule allowed I would move to a different week in a heartbeat, but we can't due to spring break.  If it were a truly serious issue, why would they wait 3 months to repair it and be so hush hush about it?  I say go and enjoy the Oasis for all of us that can't on March 31st!

22 minutes ago, Grenouille21 said:

Ocean View Balcony.  

While it may or may not be plants I’d still bet money that it is something related to her transatlantic voyage.

The cancellation of this cruise and the cancellation of the March 1st cruise on the Allure on the same day is not just a coincidence.  On both ships there are 2 sailings between the unexpected drydock and the Transatlantic.

if it were a bigger issue then she would have either been pulled sooner than waiting 3 months or pulled from service for longer than 1 week.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

If I had to hazard a guess, it's something they had to order and it isn't going to be ready until then, hence why they know so far in advance, and why they can't do it sooner if it's really a "maintenance issue of importance."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grenouille21 said:

Ocean View Balcony.  

Nervous about what?

What do you think will happen to ruin your vacation?

If there was a serious issue going on, do you really think they would wait 3 months to address it?

Not sure what you're worried about.  The pizza ovens won't be working?  Toilets won't flush?

I this situation we would be happy it isn't our week being affected.  Would not be worried about anything.  Scheduled maintenance, whatever it is, is better than unexpected issues.

Edited by bouhunter

6 hours ago, clean1owner said:

Nervous about what?

What do you think will happen to ruin your vacation?

If there was a serious issue going on, do you really think they would wait 3 months to address it?

There are numerous examples of ships with pod problems that went on for months before being fixed. Allure had a problem once that was scheduled to be fixed in Freeport in a way that had not been done before. I was booked on the first cruise after the week the ship was taken out of service. I was very concerned something would happen to affect the ship being ready for the cruise. Fortunately, it all worked out.

8 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

Ocean View Balcony.  

If it was anything terribly serious, the ship would cancel now, not in three months. Silly concern.

10 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

They Gotta do it sometime   Think you worry too Much

10 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

I wouldn't change.  Ships have maintenance all the time.  Ships also break down.  So the ship you change to, could break down, and the ship you were afraid of, is perfectly fine.  Stay on the ship, enjoy the cruise.