Somehow I Became Diamond Plus?

How far away from D+ were you?

Is it possible that another cruiser could have inadvertently put your C&A number on their booking and it's slipped through unnoticed somehow thus awarding you enough points to bump you up?

Reason I ask is because when I did our last online check-in I accidentally put my daughter's C&A number in instead of mine. (She wasn't sailing with us.) I only caught it because the set sail pass came up with Gold, which is my daughter's level, instead of Emerald, which was mine. And even then it took me ages to figure out what had happened. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

What's your status on Celebrity? Is it possible that due to a high level over there, you got bumped due to the status "matching"?

That can’t be it. Diamond is the highest level possible through status matching.

I was Diamond with RCCL when I first cruised with Celebity so I started as Elite with X.  I've since reached Elite Plus with X but that happened back in 2015 so that can't have anything to do with it.

I guess I'll just stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.  

Thanks for the replies.  I don't read the Royal boards very often so that's why I thought perhaps this was a restructuring.

Prior to this past summer, we had been on three Royal Caribbean cruises with the last one being in 2013. After that 2013 cruise it showed we had 36 points and were at the platinum level. I did not know the points system at the time so I thought nothing of it. Fast forward to 2018 and we still had 36 points going into o ur cruise on Allure. When we got back home i logged in to find that I now only had 29 points. After talking with C&A they stated that 14 points had erroneously been given to us and that the person who earned those points happened to call in during our sailing (after 5 years...). They left us at Platinum though. We were disappointed to have lost our fake points, but we didn't earn them so no big deal. Enjoy the status upgrade for however long it may last.

15 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I was Diamond with RCCL when I first cruised with Celebity so I started as Elite with X.  I've since reached Elite Plus with X but that happened back in 2015 so that can't have anything to do with it.

I guess I'll just stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.  

Thanks for the replies.  I don't read the Royal boards very often so that's why I thought perhaps this was a restructuring.

Check your cruise history and number of points.

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I just got a letter in the mail today telling me congratulations on achieving Diamond Plus.  I was Diamond on my last RCCL cruise which was in September 2015.  Any reason for suddenly getting bumped up?  Are they restructuring the levels?

Hello,

thank you for letting us know of our error in moving you up to diamond plus. We will correct this and bust you back down to diamond immediately. 

Regards,

Royal Caribbean Loyalty Awards Abacus Technician 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I just got a letter in the mail today telling me congratulations on achieving Diamond Plus.  I was Diamond on my last RCCL cruise which was in September 2015.  Any reason for suddenly getting bumped up?  Are they restructuring the levels?

Just like getting the card in Monopoly that says "Bank Error In Your Favor"

My two cents. When we took my mom on our her first cruise, she already had a C&A number on her SetSail. I called to tell them that she didn't. C&A said, "Sure she does, she lives in Plano, TX. Correct?" 

I said, "No".

Rep explained that it is a drop down with names and sometimes they click on the wrong one. 

I went to book mom on her second Royal Caribbean cruise. She was Platinum according to C&A at this point. I just let it go. Hopefully the Plano, TX lady is still cruising, because my mom has passed away. :classic_cool:

Edited by Coralc

We didn't sail for about 15 years, and in that time, someone else with hubby's name went on a cruise, and took over his C&A account login.  They had his level of C&A status, plus their cruise points.  It took a while to straighten out, but we got access to hubby's account back and have had no issues since then.  RCI removed the cruise we didn't take.

Bet you got credit for someone else's cruise.  :classic_smile:

20 hours ago, helen haywood said:

You can be sure if they were restructuring levels, it wouldn't bump you up a level.  Sounds like you got someone else's points.