Sewage smell throughout Celebrity Edge?

layingblames

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Please specify deck...I am in an S1 aft on the 15 day TA, and do not want that smell for my cruise...I heard someone say it was deck 11, but did not know if it was starboard or port...I sure do not want to go through what others have posted.

As C-Dragons passed it to us, no odors and we had a few minor items fixed like a squeaky bathroom door.  It is a wonderful cabin and welcome to the. 112** Club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Thanks so much...I guess my concern lies more with changing to an S1 where the bed faces out or stay put in my aft...silly me for always overthinking this!  I never did on S class!

You can still see the ocean from your bed - You should sleep on the ocean side and you will just need to turn your head a little and voila! (and you will also see that huge balcony!!). It's a wonderful suite!! Happy I got to be a member and would be even happier to be doing a TA in that suite! The best view on the ship, IMO! 🙂

image.thumb.png.b240154b71f2ef02fcefe920dcdd3803.png

image.thumb.png.f0fb58f24a4b7728f191544a25dacab7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

You can still see the ocean from your bed - You should sleep on the ocean side and you will just need to turn your head a little and voila! (and you will also see that huge balcony!!). It's a wonderful suite!! Happy I got to be a member and would be even happier to be doing a TA in that suite! The best view on the ship, IMO! 🙂

image.thumb.png.b240154b71f2ef02fcefe920dcdd3803.png

image.thumb.png.f0fb58f24a4b7728f191544a25dacab7.png

I'll second that! 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Personally I think this thread should continue until we hear the issue is resolved and it hasn’t to date. The only way that will happen is if Celebrity sees a negative financial impact, by either having to continue to compensate people who complain or bookings slow down or people cancel.   I’m sure they would prefer this thread doesn’t exist as well.   

I spent thousands of dollars to be on this cruise and I think it’s unacceptable that this issue wasn’t resolved months ago when it was discovered.   

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Work2cruz! said:

Personally I think this thread should continue until we hear the issue is resolved and it hasn’t to date. The only way that will happen is if Celebrity sees a negative financial impact, by either having to continue to compensate people who complain or bookings slow down or people cancel.   I’m sure they would prefer this thread doesn’t exist as well.   

I spent thousands of dollars to be on this cruise and I think it’s unacceptable that this issue wasn’t resolved months ago when it was discovered.   

I agree 100%.  I think it has something to do with the IV balconies and the windows open.  I’ll suggest that lowers the pressure in the ship and permits the back flow of sewer gas

Denial is the first sign. Love how defensive people get about the brand Passion is one thing but is another to just say- oh I really have lost my sense of smell- Some of you have aged. As if it can’t be happening. Bring diffusers, plug-ins & febreeze!  Just wait until day 3-4 folks 💩💩💩 Take a walk. Even outside by the drains or by the club, martini bar or any sink! 

Hopefully your floor just gets water back up. 3 people we knew had to switch cabins because of raw sewage back up. They sail with several empty cabins every sailing to move people. Mostly it’s been water. Good luck on the TA! I would switch to another ASAP...  Don’t go on deck 3 starboard or deck 6 forward. I knew there were major problem areas day 5 on multiple sailings Entire sections had to be moved. 

Good Luck- you need it on the Edge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 6:04 AM, Naughty&Nautical said:

Denial is the first sign. Love how defensive people get about the brand Passion is one thing but is another to just say- oh I really have lost my sense of smell- Some of you have aged. As if it can’t be happening. Bring diffusers, plug-ins & febreeze!  Just wait until day 3-4 folks 💩💩💩 Take a walk. Even outside by the drains or by the club, martini bar or any sink! 

Hopefully your floor just gets water back up. 3 people we knew had to switch cabins because of raw sewage back up. They sail with several empty cabins every sailing to move people. Mostly it’s been water. Good luck on the TA! I would switch to another ASAP...  Don’t go on deck 3 starboard or deck 6 forward. I knew there were major problem areas day 5 on multiple sailings Entire sections had to be moved. 

Well, if it is like that on my TA, I will definitely post on CC.  Also, if the issues have been corrected, that will be stated too.  Changing a cruise after final payment was never a consideration, as I had plenty of time to do that earlier.  However, I am planning on enjoying my suite with all its benefits...it is what it is!  Thanks for wishing me luck, as it never hurts to have it on your side!  Yes, I have aged, but at least I am still vertical, and will stay away from those areas on deck 3 and six, after I walk the entire ship day 2.  Hey N & N...when were you onboard...sorry if I missed that.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, layingblames said:

Do the edenists also have extra clout to get things deleted from this thread?

I think it's interesting that people can post off topic, however when I ask that people not discount others' experiences it gets deleted?  

Yes, where have all those posts disappeared to?

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I'm wondering if this problem will increase moving towards day 15.  Can Edge empty it's sewage in Bermuda or Azores, or at least Portugal, to reset the situation?

Well, unfortunately time will tell, but I sure hope it is fixed before then...the Europeans might not fancy a stinky ship either...

Edited by Lastdance

On 3/19/2019 at 9:04 AM, Naughty&Nautical said:

Wow...does not sound  good! Seems it may be getting worse. I wonder how diff t

EDGE "sewer" systems are from S Class?

Does anyone on board with X offer any explanation as to the cause or some hope for a fix?

We are booked for 9 days in an SV and would not want to deal with this!

I absolutely hate it when you post something on here and all of a sudden you have people questioning your veracity.  It astounds me!  Hearing comments like "I think it's interesting this is the OP first post, and I smell something fishy"?  If it wasn't your experience fine but it was others.  I posted a warning a month ago and then was attacked for the warning.  Geez, no good deed goes unpunished sometimes.  I want to hear the good and not so good, experiences, excursions, favorite places and favorite ships, etc.  Not everything is a conspiracy.  There, that's my 2 cents.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wow...does not sound  good! Seems it may be getting worse. I wonder how diff t

EDGE "sewer" systems are from S Class?

Does anyone on board with X offer any explanation as to the cause or some hope for a fix?

We are booked for 9 days in an SV and would not want to deal with this!

Do you know if the person you responded to ever sailed on Edge?

On 3/16/2019 at 11:55 AM, hcat said:

For those of us who do not use FB..have there been any posts about the sewage odor?  

We have an Sv on deck 7 nov..hope no smells

I don't know since I'm not on FB very much. Maybe someone else will know.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:01 PM, Work2cruz! said:

I completely agree, but FB gets more traffic. Two places is better than one.

2 hours ago, villauk said:

Yes, where have all those posts disappeared to?

I can't answer for sure what happens to them, but I do know that people can report certain posts. That could be the case and then they get deleted. Deleting informative post shouldn't happen imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peggy1 said:

I absolutely hate it when you post something on here and all of a sudden you have people questioning your veracity.  It astounds me!  Hearing comments like "I think it's interesting this is the OP first post, and I smell something fishy"?  If it wasn't your experience fine but it was others.  I posted a warning a month ago and then was attacked for the warning.  Geez, no good deed goes unpunished sometimes.  I want to hear the good and not so good, experiences, excursions, favorite places and favorite ships, etc.  Not everything is a conspiracy.  There, that's my 2 cents.

Sorry, you had to experience that reaction from some CC members.  Many of us appreciate everyone's experiences.   Unfortunately,  there are some people on this site that cannot accept the fact that Celebrity sometimes has problems and doesn't meet expectations.  

4 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Sorry, you had to experience that reaction from some CC members.  Many of us appreciate everyone's experiences.   Unfortunately,  there are some people on this site that cannot accept the fact that Celebrity sometimes has problems and doesn't meet expectations.  

I think I felt that way the entire trip but the other way. So sad to be home but it really was a great trip and some people don't want to hear it!

20 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

And since you have apparently cruised on Edge based on a recent poll, what was your direct experience of the odor?

In fact, based on that poll, you cruised on Edge in an IV cabin and and did not like the Edge; of course it was  “fake news” as you have never cruised on Edge, shame.

Edited by Oville
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Magik Bee said:

I think I felt that way the entire trip but the other way. So sad to be home but it really was a great trip and some people don't want to hear it!

Trust me I believe you, please ignore ipeeinthepool, just someone with a problem who needs attention.

We are returning to the Edge for the 3rd time in 16 days, can’t wait and so looking forward to it.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Oville said:

Trust me I believe you, 

I’d be very careful in whom you believe. Some posts have been removed and even more were the last time - even whole threads (and that’s definitely fact)! I recall many members blocking certain individuals.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Magik Bee said:

I think people should always be willing to listen and accept the experience that others have encountered.  If someone had a good or bad experience, I don't think people should tell them it didn't happen or it wasn't as good or bad as described.   The problem arises when people confuse opinion with an experience.  I appreciate everyone's experience but not everyone's opinion.   Unless someone can support their opinion with a logical reason I discount their opinion.   When someone either likes or dislikes everything about something, I'll usually discount their opinion because they likely haven't provided any logical reasoning.