Laundry line on Edge

davidmaveng

Doing the trans-Atlantic and I have not seen if the Edge has that laundry line in the shower to dry “undies”.  The idea of using magnets on the walls leads to asking if the walls are still steel.

Hope your voyage on the Edge was enlightening, Thanks 

Thanks 8mma.

So, 50.00 per bag.. no laundry line, how do we doing unless we bring tons of luggage.  We don’t even know how name clothes fit in a bag... 5 blouses, ten dollars a blouse?

Does anybody know how many pieces fits in a bag for $50.00 usd. How big is a bag.. 6x6.. as big as a small garbage bag (16x16”)?

6 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Thanks 8mma.

So, 50.00 per bag.. no laundry line, how do we doing unless we bring tons of luggage.  We don’t even know how name clothes fit in a bag... 5 blouses, ten dollars a blouse?

Does anybody know how many pieces fits in a bag for $50.00 usd. How big is a bag.. 6x6.. as big as a small garbage bag (16x16”)?

On Edge it was a sturdy cloth bag that we had no trouble cramming in the 'elite' 30 pieces of laundry – and we held out the socks to make sure we got full value!  [I hate the paper laundry bags on some ships, because they tear when you try to cram in 10 lbs of ... in the 5 lb bag...]

Lol.. thank you Host Jazzbeau. I am only a Select, after this trip I will get my Elite status! Hopefully we will get a cloth bag rather than paper. Good info, we are going on 18 days, 11 of that is on edge,  2 laundry per person might work.

i read Celebrity also sometimes offer laundry special during the week, is that true?

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Not only is there no laundry line in the Edge bathrooms, they have added a warning in the muster drill video that they are not allowed!

I can understand not being allowed on the balcony but do you mean they don't allow them in the shower/bath?  We have used them on all of our cruises because we travel with only our carry-on and even with Elite laundry would not be able to do that without sending out laundry.  I was told they wash in hot water and many things would shrink:classic_ohmy:

4 hours ago, twodjs said:

I also am very confused. Those retractable clotheslines are on most every ship we've been on. What logic could possibly make them "not allowed"? 

Revenue, what else?

When we sent out a few items on our recent Edge cruise, they came back, folded & looking as if cooked in boiling water, very wrinkled, stiff, too. I rinsed a few small items in the bathroom sink and clipped/hung them on hangers and let them dry in the shower stall over night - less wrinkles, too! One more reason I prefer Princess for our longer cruises, we get free laundry and each deck has a laundry room with washers, dryers and ironing facilities. 

Darcy

• 4 months later...

I have discovered that a large women’s hair flattening iron works well on my clothing when I’m cruising with Celebrity. It takes a little bit of practice at first but on most fabrics it really does get most of the wrinkles out.  A clothing iron sets somewhere between 350 and 450° and my flat iron goes to 400°.  The bonus is that I can iron both sides at one time! Just make sure that your flattening iron is clean and doesn’t have any gel or hairspray burned into it that would get on your clothes. I’m thinking of getting a separate flattening iron just for my clothes for that reason.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:54 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Not only is there no laundry line in the Edge bathrooms, they have added a warning in the muster drill video that they are not allowed!

Where in the video could they have added the warning about clothes lines?  Was it before or after they retrieved the Golden Bear?

• Haha 1

I don't know.  They had us sitting behind the TV screen so I only got the hear the video, not watch it – which made the muster drill even more of a farce than this joke of a production.  If we hadn't cruised before, we would have had no idea what to do in an emergency.

I think there is confusion going on here. Been on 2 recent Celebrity cruises, and there was no warning/restriction on hanging closes or using a line in the BR. And we do it all the time. There’s the standard ‘don’t use the Balcony’, but nothing about drying inside SR’s or in the BR’s. 

And if you launder 5 blouses or a few pieces, you use the individual charging, not a $50/bag. 

We use the full bags now with our perks, but before, we launder our underwear and off we go. We usually only have to launder outerwear when we extend our vacations before/after the cruise and do just fine on luggage. Heck, we did 4 days in Amsterdam, a week Rhine Cruise, 2 days in Basel and 6 days in Munich and only washed underwear, and we used one check-on medium piece, one carry-on piece and two overshoulder bags for general stuff. Did just fine. 

Den

• 6 months later...

My wife and I will be on the Edge this summer and I plan to launder my own socks and undies and hang dry in the bathroom overnight.   Any recommendations for a good magnetic hook I can attach to the ceiling in the bathroom?   I will bring string with me I can use as the line between the hooks.  
Thanks!

Tim

On 2/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, Jesseslola said:

Lol.. thank you Host Jazzbeau. I am only a Select, after this trip I will get my Elite status! Hopefully we will get a cloth bag rather than paper. Good info, we are going on 18 days, 11 of that is on edge,  2 laundry per person might work.

i read Celebrity also sometimes offer laundry special during the week, is that true?

I have been given the paper laundry bags, but upon asking our steward, he's given us the cloth ones. They are much better.  We just use the 50lb+ magnetic hooks and a piece of twine for the clothesline and it works well in the shower. It's also easy to pack. We keep them on our luggage so we know where they are from cruise to cruise.

Here's a link.

https://www.amazon.com/GREATMAG-Magnetic-Powerful-Neodymium-Diameter/dp/B07C7VK2TZ/ref=sxin_2_ac_d_pm?ac_md=2-1-QmV0d2VlbiAkMTAgYW5kICQyNQ%3D%3D-ac_d_pm&crid=1WDDXG6EPXXIG&cv_ct_cx=magnetic+hooks+heavy+duty&keywords=magnetic+hooks+heavy+duty&pd_rd_i=B07C7VK2TZ&pd_rd_r=d1518952-89d4-4d54-b3b0-bac000543373&pd_rd_w=bRaSl&pd_rd_wg=trxY0&pf_rd_p=709d2064-e546-4799-9e66-b352ea89951f&pf_rd_r=Q1X69N7CE2THFDQTT695&psc=1&qid=1578177843&sprefix=magnetic+hooks%2Caps%2C167

Edited by Luvcrusn

On 2/3/2019 at 6:18 PM, Jesseslola said:

Thanks 8mma.

I haven't seen the all you can cram into a bag in years.   Lately it has been listed as 30 items.    It is also only wash and fold so if you wish a blouse washed and ironed you are going to need to shell out the cost by individual items.

following is the cost for washing, pressing and Dry Cleaning

BCB12EFE-5C86-46CA-BD6C-1F0A949ACEDD.thumb.jpeg.4533e2540e3de03b1fb114c219ce4429.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

21 minutes ago, timseverance77 said:

Thanks for the link for ordering the hooks.  I got them on order and plan to take them on our cruise.   
Tim

Good idea.   We were in a CS on Edge and the bathrooms really didn't have much in the way of hooks.   One on the back of the door for robes.     The had two tiny hooks next to the sinks but they were about 24" from the floor making them useless.  Form over function. 

Also no towel bars.  

F2F00509-4013-4006-858F-932C51B94D3C.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

We hang swimsuits and any hand wash..undies socks etc over the inside of the shower...or on hangars ...once they stop dripping  into the shower, we move them to back of chairs etc...If we have an outdoor balc we use the back of the chair/ lounger as a place to hand suits...when the ship is NOT moving...

Rolling swimsuits in towels gets them fairly dry quickly... A small line in the shower would have been a plus.  Luckily we get the Elite Laundry perk so we usually do one load of whites, and then dark socks...We never send anything we won't miss if lost or ruined.  Has worked out ok..clothes come back nicely folded.

Laundry  charges are out of whack!

We were on the Edge in an IV in May.  The inside of the shower does not have magnetic walls, more of a plastic.  Suction cups worked a little, but for anything weighing more than a tissue, they just slid down and fell off.  I took an elastic travel clothesline (purchased at Amazon) that takes up about the same amount of space as an iphone in my luggage.  I was able to hang about five days of underware for two of us to drip dry into the shower (no wet floors, like there would be if you used magnetic hooks on the bathroom walls).  The line was easy to hang by stretching between the showerhead and two small hooks inside the shower. See the photo.  Enjoy your adventure on the Edge!

image.thumb.png.a26705c6448149c2921d168a8a47a823.png

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 12:18 AM, 8mma said:

I can understand not being allowed on the balcony but do you mean they don't allow them in the shower/bath?  We have used them on all of our cruises because we travel with only our carry-on and even with Elite laundry would not be able to do that without sending out laundry.  I was told they wash in hot water and many things would shrink:classic_ohmy:

Maybe that's because the Edge doesn't really have balconies, unless it's a suite.