Cannot stay logged in.

14 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I was scrolling down, planning to say that I'm getting this too, when I found that once again I needed to login. With me, it's not only needing to log in all the time, it's that randomly my password won't work. I use Roboform to save and fill in my passwords, so I know I'm not typoing it. The login system just doesn't recognize my password. So, I do a password reset and reset. That seems to work for a while and then it doesn't. I have no idea what's wrong with their system, but something certainly is.

Make sure roboform is filling all fields (uncheck fill empty fields), once done if you have multiple logins like me pick the one that works then click on the 3 dots, and set as default. If you are using tapatalk make sure it isn't inputting your email address. Oncve I did this back in december it has always worked on my phone and computers.

image.png.b208be35753fc3130a624b41bd6d2c3e.png

A-

38 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Make sure roboform is filling all fields (uncheck fill empty fields), once done if you have multiple logins like me pick the one that works then click on the 3 dots, and set as default. If you are using tapatalk make sure it isn't inputting your email address. Oncve I did this back in december it has always worked on my phone and computers.

image.png.b208be35753fc3130a624b41bd6d2c3e.png

A-

This may help the person with the password rejection. But, there is still the larger issue for the masses, which is this new constant need to re-login far more often than was the case a week or so ago. When the "mobile friendly" version works correctly, the rise seldom a need to re-login.

22 hours ago, hpeabody said:

This is day 3 where I am required now to log-In each time I am in a new browser session.  ...  Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, every time. For years. Because I use incognito/private browser windows.

And it takes about ten seconds to log in.

Are people who find CC useful really going to desert the place merely because they have to log on?

Some people will. I auto fill my username and password which makes logging in every time less of a hassle. I think the solution will be to only log in once a day or once a week. With the decline in participation that’s probably enough. On the roll calls here people sign up only a few post. On port of calls now maybe one post every few days. The main cruise line boards have enough traffic to carry them but the rest don’t have much traction anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Are people who find CC useful really going to desert the place merely because they have to log on?

I would not, and I doubt (or at least hope) that others wouldn't leave over one single thing. But it's not just this one thing (as annoying as it is, even if not to you, browsing incognito)-- there are so many glitches and annoyances now that there's a growing level of frustration I'm seeing from many users across the boards.  Lots of folks are not as tech savvy as you, and CC has become much harder for many people to use and navigate since the "upgrade."  

In addition to the log in problem, the Roll Call finder tool has not worked since at least mid-December, the forum links on the home Categories page no longer turn red when you've clicked on them (which made it easy to find your frequently visited forums), multiple columns that span across the screen (unless you are on a phone) are alphabetized horizontally, although eyes see columns vertically (again, making it less easy to navigate), etc.  I know there are other issues people can point to.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Yes.  

I certainly post less.  

And given the issue, how useful will new people find CC?  They will get frustrated and go someplace else.

There are many reasons that activity is down, but it's pretty clear to me that there are FAR fewer on roll calls- to the point that the ones I'm on will not come close to a M&M party.   So even if it's useful, it seems to me fewer are finding that out.

• Like 1

I have also noticed the same problem. The other thing I have noticed is that it makes me reset my password each time I need to log back in.

The only solution I have found so far is to use only one device. As long as I don't flip between laptop, ipad/iphone and PC I stay logged in on my one device. So now I just use my PC if I want to do anything more than browse. 

45 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Yes.  

I certainly post less.  

And given the issue, how useful will new people find CC?  They will get frustrated and go someplace else.

There are many reasons that activity is down, but it's pretty clear to me that there are FAR fewer on roll calls- to the point that the ones I'm on will not cotme close to a M&M party.   So even if it's useful, it seems to me fewer are finding that out.

If I had just found Cruise Critic I would not bother with it. Of course as a long time user I will stick with it. I will maintain optimism that they will fix it because I know it can be fixed, even though the powers to be have not done much to justify my optimism when they keep the  users in the dark. I don't blame people for giving up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Not just for that reason.  But this changeover is taking waaaaay too long (4 months to switch sites, really?), with too many "glitches" that have to be fixed.  And the fixes always seem to cause some other problem to pop up.

I know I'm here a lot less than I used to be.  And, once I take my upcoming cruise,  I'm seriously thinking about not visiting here any longer.

While this "new" incarnation of the boards may have some of the features that the old site did, they are difficult to locate, utilize, and cumbersome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

I am having this problem also. I read the boards a few times a day and find it very annoying. I wonder why this is happening all of a sudden. Never happened before. Hope they fix it.

Laura

It's not sudden.  It's been happening for some time, intermittently.  It's just been way worse since Friday, when, according to Jenn on the Help Desk, their IT people were working on the problem. 

Still trying to figure out the reason for the so called upgrade that seems to be the cause of  the sign in problem.  Also agree about the site features being harder to find and use. By now all the glitches in the upgrade should be worked out. If they can’t be, then why not go back to the previous version. 

• Like 1