Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

24 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Is anybody out there sailing in a Penthouse Suite before 04/27?  I board then.  So frustrated that there are no actual photos of the Millenium Penthouse Suite in spite of the fact that it has been sailing for weeks.  Still the same old renderings on the Celebrity website.  

I've got ONE image of a Millennium Penthouse post redo that is an actual photo and not a rendering.  Here's what I got.  Hope you haven't seen it already!

ML19-PenthouseSuite-LivingroomR.tif

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for sharing this.  On our first 8 night cruise in the suite there are just 2 of us.  On the 11 night cruise in June there are 3 of us.  I hope that is a queen sleeper sofa.  Mostly concerned that the second full bath was preserved as well as the butlers pantry with the full sized refrigerator.  It would be insane to do away with those two things, but I have seen many insane basic things changed on the Millenium and totally insane things on the Edge.  An example from this picture is the absence of a functional coffee table.  I have fond memories of inviting friends to the suite for some champagne and treats that our butler provided.  No way to gather around the living room and enjoy that in this suite.  How absolutely STUPID.  I bet that the “cabinet” under the TV has no drawers.  I am almost afraid to see the rest of the redo.  

I think Celebrity should require Kelly Hoppen to live in an EDGE Sky Suite for a month....WITH THE ROCKING CHAIR!  And not allow her to bring a blow up foot rest.  No, wait....even better....make her live in an IV on the EDGE WITH a rocking chair.  What are they thinking.  I will be anxious to see if the Penthouse Suite verandah is more IKEA or Homewood Suites.  Wait...maybe that is where the 26 rocking chairs have found their new home.

Come on Lisa.  Wake up.  Maybe you and Kelly should share that IV or sky suite on Edge for a month.  It might help you get in touch with what your loyal cruisers really value.  As one female CEO to another I learned long ago that the small things really matter.  Small things like functional coffee tables, footrests, loungers on the verandah, generous closet and drawer space to name but a few.  It is not rocket science.  Just get in touch with the customer, not Kelly.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Thank you so much for sharing this.  On our first 8 night cruise in the suite there are just 2 of us.  On the 11 night cruise in June there are 3 of us.  I hope that is a queen sleeper sofa.  Mostly concerned that the second full bath was preserved as well as the butlers pantry with the full sized refrigerator.  It would be insane to do away with those two things, but I have seen many insane basic things changed on the Millenium and totally insane things on the Edge.  An example from this picture is the absence of a functional coffee table.  I have fond memories of inviting friends to the suite for some champagne and treats that our butler provided.  No way to gather around the living room and enjoy that in this suite.  How absolutely STUPID.  I bet that the “cabinet” under the TV has no drawers.  I am almost afraid to see the rest of the redo.  

I think Celebrity should require Kelly Hoppen to live in an EDGE Sky Suite for a month....WITH THE ROCKING CHAIR!  And not allow her to bring a blow up foot rest.  No, wait....even better....make her live in an IV on the EDGE WITH a rocking chair.  What are they thinking.  I will be anxious to see if the Penthouse Suite verandah is more IKEA or Homewood Suites.  Wait...maybe that is where the 26 rocking chairs have found their new home.

Come on Lisa.  Wake up.  Maybe you and Kelly should share that IV or sky suite on Edge for a month.  It might help you get in touch with what your loyal cruisers really value.  As one female CEO to another I learned long ago that the small things really matter.  Small things like functional coffee tables, footrests, loungers on the verandah, generous closet and drawer space to name but a few.  It is not rocket science.  Just get in touch with the customer, not Kelly.

I'm a "make it work" kinda guy.  Just move those nicknacks off the ledge under the TV and have a proper party buffet set up there!  🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Hi Goldsmit115. 

Wow ,loved your review.  I hope you sent to to the management or somewhere where  they will see it. You are so right.  Agree with everything you said. 

This also should include the ship builders who probably never sailed on a CRUISE  ship. THe retreat is beautiful, but so windy up there heading into the wind.

Open spaces such as rooftop garden, again beautiful, but too windy to be  used at  night in the middle of ocean. Barely any places ,indoors ,to have night activities.

then of course, the impractical Magic Carpet. Never got to use it for dinners or tendering.Again impractical due to ocean weather.

then of course, the tiny safes in Suites.  Need I mention the high  prices for the NON BALCONIES IV.

Again , great review. 

Pam

• Like 1

Now there is a great idea.  Especially for those that pay top dollar for the suites.  Hey, if those really are drawers under there we can have the Butler stock them with the snacks and just put a sticky note on each so our guests know which drawer to open.  One for cheese, one for crackers....  way to go Kelly.  No drawers where it counts, but innovative use of drawers to surprise your guests.

On 3/15/2019 at 6:16 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I don't think they will remove from S-Class ships.  Just my opinon.

All of the Murano Style restaurants have already been removed from the M-Class ships,  which in my humble opinion was a major mistake.

Actually Jim that is our opinion too. Our one disappointment about the Summit was that it doesn't have the Murano restaurant that we read so much about on these boards. Sushi on 5 is good for lunch, and we tried Tuscan but wasn't impressed with the food or the service. We did like Luminae a lot, and DH and I thought the buffet was way better than NCL or even HAL's buffet, and we both thought Café al Bacio was such a nice treat. So we did find good food and drink on the Summit, but yeah, having no Murano restaurant on the Summit is a letdown. 

• Like 1

OK.  Now I am on a roll.  I have to say the following.  I have no idea if Celebrity monitors these posts or if anything gets back to their CEO.  But, here it is if you are listening Lisa.  As a CEO I learned a long time ago to own it and to respond to the employees and to the customer.  To date I have not seen you do either.  It appears that you AND YOUR TEAM have done many things right with the EDGE.  Kuos to everyone.  But, you have had some BIG misses.  Verandah furniture, the absence of coffee tables and closets and drawers and problems with the IV climate control and “window treatments”. 

Right now your room stewards and butlers are on the front lines incurring the anger  and frustration of your valued guests.  What a great opportunity for you to not only celebrate the good but acknowledge the failures.  Tell the guess what you are doing to remedy the issues.  Instead of having cruisers report that the rocking chairs are being removed tell them why.  Instead of having the sweet butler try to bring in a tray to balance on the Tom-Tom, tell the guests how you will fix this.  As well, tell your loyal cruisers how your are not only addressing the current Edge issues but how this will be fixed on the APEX.

I hope that you are planning to communicate about these important issues as opposed to working with Kelly on manufacturing a line of blow up foot stools and black out curtains and hooks for the Edge and Apex.  Or perhaps we could also get a coffe table in the suites as a perk on some sailings.  I implore you to communicate with your customers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

Loooooooooooooooove your post!  I am returning to Celebrity in a suite after a 6 year absence and am already getting nervous at all the photos of Millennium that are appearing.

I have frequently stated ( on these boards but I'm too lazy to find the links!) that cabin design would IMMEDIATELY change if the CEO's were required to spend TWO nights in the cabin/suite mock-up.  Ms. Hoppen's statements have actually made me cringe ... she basically boasts about never having sailed on a ship. Putting rocking chairs in a moving room (ie Edge) were insane ... if the motion sickness or the likelihood of having a toe crushed didn't get you, the inevitable noise or creaking would have. The multiple pillows were also a giveaway of having no clue .... could you please let us know where we're supposed to put them when we sit down? The greige colours don't bother me one way or the other ... the lack of functionality put me over the edge.   Room service? Whaaaaaaaaa????? That's a thing? Can't you just eat with the plate in your lap?

The "house" designers at RCI are skilled and smart - they really should have had final say.

This is not isolated to Celebrity .... We sailed on Viking Ocean two months back where a single shower in a suite resulted in condensation literally running down the walls and don't even get me started if you were  thinking of perhaps having a bm in the bathroom when you were on board?

As I always have said ... I hope that I'm pleasantly surprised but I ALWAYS vote with my wallet......!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jchipgcs said:

I've got ONE image of a Millennium Penthouse post redo that is an actual photo and not a rendering.  Here's what I got.  Hope you haven't seen it already!

ML19-PenthouseSuite-LivingroomR.tif

And, I see that the EDGE coral pieces that take up valuable space in the IV's are also on the Millie.  I see at least 6 corals in the  penthouse pic.  Guess Celebrity got a discount on them!

1 hour ago, bermadu22 said:

Actually Jim that is our opinion too. Our one disappointment about the Summit was that it doesn't have the Murano restaurant that we read so much about on these boards. Sushi on 5 is good for lunch, and we tried Tuscan but wasn't impressed with the food or the service. We did like Luminae a lot, and DH and I thought the buffet was way better than NCL or even HAL's buffet, and we both thought Café al Bacio was such a nice treat. So we did find good food and drink on the Summit, but yeah, having no Murano restaurant on the Summit is a letdown. 

I believe that the Murano style restaurant on Summit went away 2-3 years ago as part of it's Solstization.   I believe the last to go was on Constellation when it had it's Solsitzation 2 years ago.   We really miss them as I have so many fond memories of our meals there.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe that the Murano style restaurant on Summit went away 2-3 years ago as part of it's Solstization.   I believe the last to go was on Constellation when it had it's Solsitzation 2 years ago.   We really miss them as I have so many fond memories of our meals there.  

I've spent 25 nights on Constellation and probably dined in Ocean Liners at least 10-12 times.  It was amazing!

Just off Millennium in a Royal Suite. Yes we thought there were design faults in the suite although we thought the overall look was good. I think they are listening to comments. Retreat concierge manager and a member of the design team came to talk to us one evening. Pointed out no socket in the bathroom, no lighting around the vanity unit, only a low coffee table on balcony so couldn’t eat out there and various other small issues. We weren’t fans of the bench seat by the dining table as there is a picture right behind it etc but that’s personal taste. Our biggest moan is the lack of shade up on the retreat deck which does have to the benefit of making it very quiet up there certainly at the table area but rather defeats the reason for the area. Think a lot of these issues will be sorted on the next ships and hope it is in time for the Summit for those if you booked on her. By chance our next booking is on Infinity before the refit😃😃

2CDC74FC-7EA9-4121-A0A6-5CBC7B547C1C.jpeg

B60AEB47-B093-4F31-B7EF-9DACBCC72FC1.jpeg

73309139-FC8D-4166-9FA1-0BF16B21ABB1.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vulcan1971 said:

I've spent 25 nights on Constellation and probably dined in Ocean Liners at least 10-12 times.  It was amazing!

We were on Constellation just before it was removed and had a lovely time as always.   Last year we dined in Tuscan 2x on one cruise and found it very lack luster.   The wine service was so bad I had to actually get up and refill glasses myself.  

I filled out the attention to details form and dropped it off at the main office.   To my surprise the Head Sommelier contacted us the next day and profusely apologized.    He later stopped at out table in Luminae and offered us a couple bottles on nice wine as an apology.

We have a penthouse suite on the SOLSTICE booked for a Hawai’i cruise in a few weeks. When I heard there was going to be a ‘Freshening up”  of all the ships...Iwas excited. Then I found out it would occur after our cruise. BUMMER. Now, after seeing what they have done to the suites on the beautiful M class ships, I’m excited and relieved that the updates will occur after our cruise.

The public rooms are pretty though. 

Edited by DCT61
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ecslady said:

And, I see that the EDGE coral pieces that take up valuable space in the IV's are also on the Millie.  I see at least 6 corals in the  penthouse pic.  Guess Celebrity got a discount on them!

On EDGE, in our inf veranda ,  we had that ugly "coral"  removed asap along with the Hoppen "vase" that says do not add water...  two ugly and useless items that take up space,   We decorated with flowers...⚘,more colorful and organic.  Would have ditched the lamp too but but it was attached,

I know they Solsticezied Constellation in 2010- in Hamburg- I was on the cruise right before she went into dry dock! They have done a nice job of it 9 years ago- Ocean Liners stayed untouched.

I thought they all ( Milli Class) had Tuscan Grill brought in- so I just learned they had Murano´s on board Summit instead of the Normandie Restaurant!

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We were on Constellation just before it was removed and had a lovely time as always.   Last year we dined in Tuscan 2x on one cruise and found it very lack luster.   The wine service was so bad I had to actually get up and refill glasses myself.  

I filled out the attention to details form and dropped it off at the main office.   To my surprise the Head Sommelier contacted us the next day and profusely apologized.    He later stopped at out table in Luminae and offered us a couple bottles on nice wine as an apology.

Thanks for sharing your experience.  It just goes to show that the Comment Card still has a value and purpose to bring attention to if not correct issues at the time they occur.

As I look at that chair-and-a-half with no coffee table, I guess traveling solo gives me the advantage of using the desk chair as my breakfast table. Beats sitting at the desk and trying to eat when the view would be looking at myself in the mirror! 🤓

8 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Is anybody out there sailing in a Penthouse Suite before 04/27?  I board then.  So frustrated that there are no actual photos of the Millenium Penthouse Suite in spite of the fact that it has been sailing for weeks.  Still the same old renderings on the Celebrity website.  

Probably not going to see any photos before you board.  Do hope you will take lots.  The few peeks I've seen have not been promising.  Apparently they removed one of the closets in the MBR and substituted a bunch of "decorative" shelves.  Really???  Since we're about to book 28 days on the Summit in the PH, would be grateful for any and all news and pictures you can share.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Probably not going to see any photos before you board.  Do hope you will take lots.  The few peeks I've seen have not been promising.  Apparently they removed one of the closets in the MBR and substituted a bunch of "decorative" shelves.  Really???  Since we're about to book 28 days on the Summit in the PH, would be grateful for any and all news and pictures you can share.

We have two RS’s and organizing a cabin crawl on the 3/25 sail next week. Hope a PS joins the group. 

• Like 1

On 15 March 2019 at 3:17 AM, jchipgcs said:

I'll be on the April 13th in a CS and get some shots of that.  Especially since none have appeared from the Millennium refresh.

Posted some CS pics from Millennium over the weekend on the Millennium Revolution thread. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I will be in the PH on the 4/20 sailing and will try to post some photos as soon as I can.  Hopefully, someone can share some before then.