Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

Jim_Iain 

thanks so much for starting this thread; i've been following your Millennium thread to get an idea of what is in store for us on Summit.  I'm looking forward to lots of pics and comments.  

We'll be on the Sept. cruise this year - the last one of the season to Bermuda and, it appears, the last one with the 3 day stop there :classic_sad:.  This will be our 5th trip on Summit and we're looking forward to seeing the changes.  I'm not a big fan of the decor, but the only thing I really hope they change is to add some kind of canopy over the Sunset Bar for those really sunny or really rainy days.   By September we should see how well all the light colors are holding up.  

9 hours ago, SuzeCruz1 said:

We'll be on the Sept. cruise this year - the last one of the season to Bermuda and, it appears, the last one with the 3 day stop there :classic_sad:.

I was looking at 2020 Bermuda itineraries on Summit just last week, when the 20-20 sale started. While Summit doesn’t have 3-night stays in the sailings towards the end of the season, I did see that there are still itineraries with that option in the high season (June / July). The addition of the two transatlantic sailings (I’m booked on the Aug 2, 2020 TA) appears to be the main driver in cutting off those 3-night stays for next year.

If you are like me and prefer to go in September / October for both lower rates and a chance for a warm-weather getaway as fall is well along, then we may be out of luck for 2020; we’ll have to see what is announced for 2021, but I do appreciate the new itineraries and a chance to see new (for me) destinations.

Edited by Aralim
Added missing year of itinerary search

On 2/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, jcpc said:

I sail on Summit quite frequently and have always gotten excellent food and service in Tuscan.  We usually go to Tuscan once each week while cruising on Summit.  Qsine --- not particularly fond of the food or the atmosphere!  But once night a week we usually skip Luminae and go to Tuscan.  Plus, to be perfectly honest with you, I've grown a little tired of the Luminae menu.  I know we can order from other menus while eating in Luminae, but I do think it's time that Celebrity revamps the Luminae menu.  Sorry, got off topic.  I'm looking forward to my June sailing on Summit to see the refurbished ship (may even pop on in May for a 7 night cruise just to check the ship out!)

I totally agree with the Luminae criticism. It is lovely and the service is terrific, but the food choices do not appeal.  We seem to always order off the MDR.   Not sure Qsine  sounds appealing at all!  Love Murano.   Anyway I’m following because while we were on Equinox we booked Summit for the same week in 2020.   Unfortunately that’s not until next February almost a year from now! Can’t wait to hear and see more! Thank you!

Also following and also booked on the Summit next Feb to the ABCs (hey CruisinRoxy, you on that one?). Following the Millie's current sailing and hoping soon to see photos of a post-Revolution Celebrity Suite. As far as dining it's such a personal taste thing. We love Luminae--more than any specialty restaurant--although we often order appetizers from the MDR menu. Guess we don't cruise often enough to tire of it yet. 

I just had a frustrating “chat” with a Celebrity agent about the total absence of real pictures of the Millenium revolution.  I specifically asked about the Penthouse Suite since I have 19 nights booked in that suite on the Summit starting in April.  The agent said that there are no public pictures yet, but they hear that some will be coming soon.  Then I got the full PR sales job about the famous Kelly redesigning everything, blah, blah, blah.  He did end up sending me this link which has a total of 4 renderings.  For what it’s worth.....

c999793f2605665c47b3c11e35a9be3fb8f9fba6

Thanks for posting the renderings

Space and layout look beautiful...but  Hoppen's world is very  sad gray, grey, griege..however you label it!

Of course,  I'd love this space and would fill it with bright flowers!

Hope you have a great cruise!

I'm in one of the Sky Suites right next to one of the PH's, so I was thrilled to hear (or not hear!) that the piano was gone, but I specifically picked that suite because I loved the dark green marble in the bathroom, but I guess that was not to be with this new boring palette.

From the 4 pictures right above, can someone tell me where our common wall is with the PH?

(Wait, now I'm confused...I thought the 4 pictures were all of the PH, but I notice the 2 lower ones say Royal Suite, even though it looks like the same rooms from different angles?)

Edited by warmwinds

Having stayed in that suite before some of the renderings do not make sense unless they gutted everything.  Looks like a total absence of any drawer space anywhere and that open closet looks just precious.  And, oh, where is that magnificent butlers pantry with the full sized refrigerator?  Perhaps replaced by a genuine Kelly water cooler surrounded by 100 plush pillows.  Also concerned that the second full bath will remain.  The whole thing looks so sterile.  And, all those white chair cushions?  What a nightmare to keep clean.  Sorry to be so negative, but it is very frustrating to spend big bucks for 19 nights in the suite and only see renderings that so far have been so incorrect.

We were getting tired of Luminae menu so had most of our dinners in specialty restaurants, especially Murano's.  That's our plan again in November on Equinox. Because of the expenses for the Argentina and Antarctic cruise we downgraded to a Sky Suite on Millennium next year so will dine in Luminae all week. 

There are pictures of the Sky Suit next to the PH Suite on the Millennium thread.  Totally different look, new white marble bathroom.  The picture of the bed makes it seem like there is only about 8" between the bed and wall.  Our CVP tried to talk me into the SS when we downgraded.  "NO WAY" I told her.

I'm anxiously waiting for real pictures of the Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites on the Revolutionized M Class ships.  Especially want to see the bathroom in the CS to see if it has been reconfigured.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We were getting tired of Luminae menu so had most of our dinners in specialty restaurants, especially Murano's.  That's our plan again in November on Equinox. Because of the expenses for the Argentina and Antarctic cruise we downgraded to a Sky Suite on Millennium next year so will dine in Luminae all week. 

There are pictures of the Sky Suit next to the PH Suite on the Millennium thread.  Totally different look, new white marble bathroom.  The picture of the bed makes it seem like there is only about 8" between the bed and wall.  Our CVP tried to talk me into the SS when we downgraded.  "NO WAY" I told her.

I'm anxiously waiting for real pictures of the Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites on the Revolutionized M Class ships.  Especially want to see the bathroom in the CS to see if it has been reconfigured.

Oh, ugh I just went and looked on the other thread.  Not only is it ugly, but the inside chair looks so uncomfortable, and the veranda furniture is a joke.  I am SOOO sorry I booked our first SS.  Luminae better be the redeeming factor.  And of course we're past final payment so no going back.

Loving this thread! I am a solo cruiser and have never sailed Celebrity. The current offer of refundable $20 deposit, $300 off Concierge Class, classic beverage package and prepaid gratuities sealed my choice. January 2021 to Basseterre and the ABC's out of San Juan on the Summit.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Quo Vadis? said:

Thank you for the photo the first of many I hope. Eagerly watching for more in anticipation of our March 30 cruise on her this will be our second cruise on Summit sailed on her two years ago and looking forward to the renovation love what Im seeing so far on Millennium 

1 hour ago, warmwinds said:

Oh, ugh I just went and looked on the other thread.  Not only is it ugly, but the inside chair looks so uncomfortable, and the veranda furniture is a joke.  I am SOOO sorry I booked our first SS.  Luminae better be the redeeming factor.  And of course we're past final payment so no going back.

I think that if you have a regular Sky Suite, not connected to the PS,  you will be ok, at least I hope so. Please come back and post photos.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I think that if you have a regular Sky Suite, not connected to the PS,  you will be ok, at least I hope so. Please come back and post photos.

Yes, but we do have the one connected to the PH.  Chose it because all reviews said they were great, better butler, terrific bathroom.  Looks like they switched out all the furniture (inside and out) for rejects from Goodwill.  How is this supposed to be an improvement?

3 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

The living room wall behind the dining table.

Ok, thanks...that's more privacy than bed to bed, so I'm ok.

Sorry to be so anal about this, I admit the new look is just not to my taste (but I showed my husband the pictures and he was ok with them), I'll make the best of it.

Now, have these pictures been the ACTUAL new pictures?  Because his theory was the deck furniture was just place holders for the PR, and that they'd put in "real" deck furniture when they start sailing again?  Hoping??