Things left behind?

screwsmcernst

Once upon a time, you would here stories about passengers leaving different items in the cabins for the next cruisers.  Sometimes in a drawer, but mostly in the bible stuck between pages.  I actually found a note and a coupon for ice cream once.  Does this still happen?  I'm guessing not so much any more with discounts tied to your cards now.  Has anyone found anything?

38 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

Once upon a time, you would here stories about passengers leaving different items in the cabins for the next cruisers.  Sometimes in a drawer, but mostly in the bible stuck between pages.  I actually found a note and a coupon for ice cream once.  Does this still happen?  I'm guessing not so much any more with discounts tied to your cards now.  Has anyone found anything?

Most likely anything found is going to result in a complaint that the room was not cleaned,

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mom says said:

The only thing I've found left behind was some underwear under the bed. I doubt that I've ever opened a Bible in any hotel room or cabin I've been in.

My daughter found a $100 bill in a book left in a hotel room drawer in the Bahamas. 

It had a piece of paper paper clipped to it. 

“This is your lucky day”.

The note is now on her refrigerator door. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

My daughter found a $100 bill in a book left in a hotel room drawer in the Bahamas. 

It had a piece of paper paper clipped to it. 

“This is your lucky day”.

The note is now on her refrigerator door. 

I bet that was a lovely surprise!

Edited by Katie52

We had a ring missing or stolen on a ncl cruise, staff said they did a through search and ring was not in cabin, we then search room again and found high school ring and other jewelry left from a previous cruiser.

on first celebrity cruise found half of a joint in our sky suite 😀

7 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Never found anything, but on our last TA cruise on Independence 2018 I left a bottle of Champagne and two wine glasses in the safe for the next guest. Cabin 1536. 

It would have been removed by the stewards.

Don't like surprises and don't want to be blamed because of others. Vacant cabin/hotel room can be checked in less than a minute. On ships I have found a woman's swim top, tie tack and a huge bag of canned sodas under a bed. Turns out the steward was using the bed space as storage to fill the mini bars. 

• Haha 1

I have found numerous items in the cabin when we first board, most is thrown into the bin as it is clothing and or rubbish. I did find a nice collection of books though, which I dropped at the Library, and I also found an earring (possibly diamond) which went to lost and found.

Never found anything of value/entertainment in a room or cabin.  Have found some items that should have been removed during departure cleaning, though.  

At the hotels I have worked for, anything non-alcohol (booze/beer/wine went straight to Security) goes to Lost and Found.  If you found something and you'd like it, you put your name on it when you turn it in.  After 90 days, if not claimed, you get it.  And Security would have a "garage sale" monthly of things that have been sitting for 90 days.  Best thing I ever "found": a pair of small 18K rose gold Paul Morelli earrings.  I looked them up online - worth $900!!!!  

Edited by slidergirl