Met head of Loyalty for Celebrity

Orator

5 hours ago, Silkroad said:

If they were wise, they’d be trying very hard to woo her back, with meaningful discounts, dinners, flowers, and her favorite wine. But no, they’re offering the cruise line equivalent of a toaster or vacuum cleaner🤣

In my opinion, there's no need for Celebrity to "woo her back".  She hasn't left Celebrity but has rather sailed on MSC in addition to sailing on Celebrity.  She's stated that she's got 28 days booked in Celebrity PH next year, in addition to other Celebrity cruises from now until her 28 days in the PH.  Plus my guess is (and this is just a guess) if she were to cancel her PH booking(s) Celebrity already has someone wait-listed for that PH cabin.  Hard to believe but Celebrity has no problem filling those "high-end" suites.  If she decides to sail exclusively with MSC the hard cold truth is that I'm guessing Celebrity won't even know she's gone.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 1

On March 25, 2019 at 7:23 AM, Xport said:

While perhaps an aberration, the practice of inviting all Zenith members [ten upon embarkation] to the induction ceremony for new Zenith members [two; a couple] was still alive and well on Edge as recently as two weeks ago...

I am posting from the Eclipse.  We boarded March 10th and are now in the second leg of a B2B2B.  

On the first leg all 18 Zenith members were invited to the honoring ceremony on the bridge for the new Zenith couple.  All Zenith members were invited to a luncheon with Capt. Leo and other officers in Tuscan.  Suites were not included.

Today our invitations to another honoring ceremony on the bridge for yet another new Zenith couple were delivered.  It is my understanding that all Zenith members have been invited; there are 24 or 25 Zeniths onboard.  And today we also received invitations to a lunch in Blu with Capt. Leo and senior officers.  

19 hours ago, Magik Bee said:

She is doing her best to make these trips worth the passengers vacation and the crew's living! And the ships have held up really well with the new look despite getting TONS of naysayers around here! Cannot wait for to prove them WRONG!

You'd do much better, dollar wise, by sticking with your loyalty points and using one cruise line. It's not a good use of points to start over from scratch. Sorry, should have said IN MY OPINION.

What X ships have you cruised on to date?  

Why do you love X so much?

Just curious...

3 hours ago, jcpc said:

In my opinion, there's no need for Celebrity to "woo her back".  She hasn't left Celebrity but has rather sailed on MSC in addition to sailing on Celebrity.  She's stated that she's got 28 days booked in Celebrity PH next year, in addition to other Celebrity cruises from now until her 28 days in the PH.  Plus my guess is (and this is just a guess) if she were to cancel her PH booking(s) Celebrity already has someone wait-listed for that PH cabin.  Hard to believe but Celebrity has no problem filling those "high-end" suites.  If she decides to sail exclusively with MSC the hard cold truth is that I'm guessing Celebrity won't even know she's gone.

These high end suites are often filled with high end gamblers.  I have often checked Edge cruises and found that only a week before departure there is often 20+ suites available including the Iconic Suite.  As of this time the Edge sailing on April 7 has 23 suites available including 4 Edge Villas.  They may well be filled on departure with up-sold clients who love to gamble. (Certainly not non-suite Zeniths.)

1 hour ago, cruiseflyer38 said:

These high end suites are often filled with high end gamblers.  I have often checked Edge cruises and found that only a week before departure there is often 20+ suites available including the Iconic Suite.  As of this time the Edge sailing on April 7 has 23 suites available including 4 Edge Villas.  They may well be filled on departure with up-sold clients who love to gamble. (Certainly not non-suite Zeniths.)

From reading the many posts on CC, gamblers have been offered free cruises on Edge since virtually her inception - not all high spenders either (according to the posts). That’s without the pax who have stated they easily upgraded to suites once on board (including CC Hosts).

2 hours ago, cruiseflyer38 said:

Recent stock price of RCL truely reflected the wrong directions the Edge is going, badly managed with high prices and many unoccupied  cabins.

6 hours ago, jcpc said:

I was making an attempt at humor, but apparently one emoji was insufficient.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hcat said:

What X ships have you cruised on to date?  

Why do you love X so much?

Just curious...

hcat, seriously, our first cruise was on EDGE!! I remember just feeling exhausted with everything and by the time we really slowed down in EDEN it was WONDERFUL!! I really enjoy doing it so it makes me super happy that I could give you a little escape from this awful winter!

Yup. Oh i was definitely falling in love with the food there at the end...but it was such a great ship overall, too!!😍😍😍

8 hours ago, jcpc said:

I'm sure Celebrity could give a rip whether or not I continue to cruise with them.  Regarding the PH, they may or may not have somebody waitlisted for one or both of them.  I do know that the PH is still available on my upcoming Alaska cruise in May.  As are several other suites.  I'm happily sailing in a 1A with a large veranda on that cruise.  And resisting their upsell offers.

5 hours ago, cruiseflyer38 said:

Please provide proof that the high end suites are often filled with high end “gamblers”. The “Bid Up program” has nothing to do with gambling, anyone can bid on a higher cabin category. You also seem to be implying that X should fill these unsold higher suites with Zeniths booked in lower cabin categories. What would be the justification? 

14 hours ago, Orator said:

The "Sail With the CEO" is simply a marketing device. While she is the CEO and has responsibility for her decisions, we must remember that she is responsible to RCL to implement their  policies. If the parent company demands as a condition of her job that she shows targeted growth and profits she must do what in her judgment  will achieve success in Corporate eyes. As consumers we only see what we experience and not the pressure placed by the Board of Directors. I've said for some time that I believe that decisions to cut the emphasis on loyalty, redefining the target demographic and  significantly increasing fares are mistakes that will, in the long run, hurt the company. Time will tell if I'm correct, but we've already seen loyal passengers book cruises on other lines. For many the decision to put aside loyalty is psychological. It is very difficult to change a pattern, but once you do you are more likely to do it more easily in the future. The danger is that if they "break away" from Celebrity and find a better experience they most likely won't return. 

Exactly my point. Loyal customers need a reason to shop. Give them a reason, they shop, and may find a new product that fits their needs. You have then lost a loyal customer.

On 3/14/2019 at 8:27 PM, jagoffee said:

If Ms Shey and her staff are reading this thread, I would like to mention that my DW and I think Celebrity’s Loyalty benefits are very generous.  

We appreciate the program and we remember how poor the program was initially. (We even paid to join).  It was not that long ago that the Elite Plus level was added and the Zenith program formalized.  (I know the Zenith existed unofficially for a longer time)

The  recent improvement of unlimited selected drinks between 5-7 PM at any bar as a replacement for the  Sky  Lounge Captain Club party was an outstanding change. Although it does not really affect us (except it makes all the bars more crowded), as we almost always have the Premium drink package.  We thought it was a nice improvement.  The number of cruisers without a drink package that partake of more than three drinks is probably very low, so great decision to modify this benefit.

The BBB bundling price program does negate a lot of the Captain Club benefits,  especially the Best bundle.   Those cruisers  without the Best bundle have a great group of benefits.

Just wanted to let you know that the Loyalty program is much appreciated and very competitive from my experiences. Of course, please feel free to enhance the  program. 

Thank you.

I agree. I appreciate the program as it now. 

Combining RC and Celebrity programs would cause major problems for RC especially in the suite lounge.  Currently, Pinnacles (RC highest tier) have access to the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen (Lumaine equivalent) and suite guests complain that they should not.   I cannot imagine how crowded the lounge and CK would be if Zenith members are added.  There will be no incentive to book a suite.  The suite product would be diluted and worthless. 

Just booked another cruise on MSC B2B and cancelled Connie cruise - YC gives us premium drinks and  wi-fi (on offer at the moment) and deck area like the Retreat . Food may not be up to Blu or Luminae on some nights But for half the cost we'll take it.

This will make 10 weeks on MSC YC in 13 month!!

Given most people sail with an included drinks package, how about upgrading this to the premium package for elites / elite + members who already have the classic pachage included?  After all those with the package already will not be having any of the 'free' elite drinks.  Just a thought 🙂

1 hour ago, iandjm said:

Given most people sail with an included drinks package, how about upgrading this to the premium package for elites / elite + members who already have the classic pachage included?  After all those with the package already will not be having any of the 'free' elite drinks.  Just a thought 🙂

We go for the social aspect, and often don't partake in the alcohol. Sometimes we have a premium package, sometimes classic and sometimes none at all! 

29 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

We go for the social aspect, and often don't partake in the alcohol. Sometimes we have a premium package, sometimes classic and sometimes none at all! 

I do too. Love to meet up with friends from past cruises. Still does not stop celebrity considering the drinks package upgrade for elite plus. It would be a nice gesture with a minimal financial impact for them 😁

Edited by iandjm

12 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Please provide proof that the high end suites are often filled with high end “gamblers”. The “Bid Up program” has nothing to do with gambling, anyone can bid on a higher cabin category. You also seem to be implying that X should fill these unsold higher suites with Zeniths booked in lower cabin categories. What would be the justification? 

Well C-Dragon I would have to get a court order to provide proof. My statement was based on the information provided me by Celebrity in Miami.  I did not associate the "Bid upgrade" , both could be happening at the same time.The justification is the dozens of new clients I have brought to Celebrity over the past 23 years. I did that because Celebrity used to recognize satisfied customers as great for publicity.  I sense a bit of anger in your questions.  Relax, be more like a happy dog then a angry

dragon.

6 minutes ago, cruiseflyer38 said:

Well C-Dragon I would have to get a court order to provide proof. My statement was based on the information provided me by Celebrity in Miami.  I did not associate the "Bid upgrade" , both could be happening at the same time.The justification is the dozens of new clients I have brought to Celebrity over the past 23 years. I did that because Celebrity used to recognize satisfied customers as great for publicity.  I sense a bit of anger in your questions.  Relax, be more like a happy dog then a angry

dragon.

Sorry, you are VERY mistaken. My response was a reaction to the anger implied by many of your posts on this subject.

You needn’t worry about my state of mind, I'm quite happy, thank you. 😊

And I'm certainly not as upset with X's “loyalty” program.

Btw, my dragons aren’t angry. 😎

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Sorry, you are VERY mistaken. My response was a reaction to the anger implied by many of your posts on this subject.

Wherever you cruise, X or otherwise, "Happy Cruisin".

On 3/29/2019 at 2:53 AM, emmas gran said:

Just booked another cruise on MSC B2B and cancelled Connie cruise - YC gives us premium drinks and  wi-fi (on offer at the moment) and deck area like the Retreat . Food may not be up to Blu or Luminae on some nights But for half the cost we'll take it.

This will make 10 weeks on MSC YC in 13 month!!

YC actually has a pool on their suite deck.  Celebrity does not on the ships that are being re-done.  Also, the YC pool deck has food service and a bar.  And butlers.  I always ate breakfast and lunch there.  And then, there are all the goodies for free in your mini bar, goodies which are replaced daily or more often if needed.  You only get that in PH and RS on Celebrity, and Celebrity does not have the addictive chocolate-covered peanuts or the Pringles.  Just soda, water, etc.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:17 PM, crusinthrough said:

I agree. I appreciate the program as it now. 

Combining RC and Celebrity programs would cause major problems for RC especially in the suite lounge.  Currently, Pinnacles (RC highest tier) have access to the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen (Lumaine equivalent) and suite guests complain that they should not.   I cannot imagine how crowded the lounge and CK would be if Zenith members are added.  There will be no incentive to book a suite.  The suite product would be diluted and worthless. 

On our last cruise (Feb 17) I was told there were app. 230 Total Zenith members. When we gained Zenith in 2015 we were told we were 87/88. That number spread over 12 ships would not imply any overload that would make the suite guests suffer.

Personally we plan to  stick with X ( assuming the sewage issue on more than 1 ship is resolved)

We are hoping they add a new tier and would like spa credit or 1 free excursion...alcohol not an incentive for us...With so many repeat cruisers they really can't do much more than  adding that type of perk!

Under the current point system a  few cruises in a suite gets  folks up the levels quickly....or booking cruise in a suite gets big perks instantly ( for that cruise...) plus the points.

If we  ever try something else ither than X,  we might take a 7 day to Bermuda  on Oceania just to test it out. No interest in NCL...

Edited by hcat

On 3/29/2019 at 8:10 AM, C-Dragons said:

I have to agree with you. As a long time member of the Blue Chip Club I’ve never been offered a Suite upgrade nor have I ever heard of anyone else being offered one.

I’m not on the top tier level but one down. To be in the top tier one would have to be a very big gambler and I can’t imagine that there are very many of them. 

They may may be offering low end cabins to some players but I would be really surprised to hear that they were filling high end suites with players.

It also seems strange that no one else has reported receiving this kind of upgrade.

Edited by Ma Bell
  • Like 1